The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
TheSnake
Resident President

So is anyone dressing up for Halloween?

I take it some of you will be dressing up either to go to a party or have some fun with the kids that come to your neighborhood. My buddies and I are throwing a party and we are all dressing up as characters from The Big Lebowski. Should be a fun time.
TheSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:02 PM   #2
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I want to dress up as the most terrifying thing I can think of, but I don't have a suit expensive enough to make anyone believe that I'm really a lawyer.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:05 PM   #3
jinx
Come on, cat.

I was thinking of wearing a dress made of condoms but haven't had any luck finding one.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I will be slaving over hot psychotics at the nuthouse this year. Nobody else was available to work the shift, I'll make time and a half, and I won't have to hide from the kids in my apartment complex.

It is generally not advisable to wear costumes around unmedicated psychotic people.

I had briefly, however, considered wearing my full urban camo outfit with my four horsemen of the apocalypse tee shirt under it, with the BDU shirt open to reveal it to see if anyone was sharp enough to get it.

Instead I will probably wear one of my assortment of Halloween Theme sweatshirts.

Perhaps the Winnie the Pooh and Friends with the glow-in-the-dark moon.

People at work have been asking me what I'm going to be this year.

I've been telling them I'm going as either a Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy or a Witch.

If I can find it (always a challenge) I may also wear my obligatory black pointy witch hat. We all have them, you know. It's required. Like the little starched caps that nursing school grads get.

Some of them even get the joke.

Today people were dressed up at the nuthouse (the nurse who wanted everyone to do so only works three days a week and this was her last day before Halloween itself.)

Two of our nursing staff dressed up as different Blaxploitation films, which was hilarious ... Foxy Brown and Blacula.

Even Spanky the Activities Dog dressed up.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:57 PM   #5
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
This year, I'll be dressing up as myself. However, next year, I intend to be Gimli from Lord of the Rings. Minus the facial hair.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:53 AM   #6
perth
Strong Silent Type

I'm going as Billy Idol. I bleached my hair for it last night, and while it came out a bit redder than I intended, it does look pretty badass.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:01 AM   #7
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I've been telling them I'm going as either a Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy or a Witch.
There's a difference?
Old 10-28-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Typically there is little difference between the terms "witch" and "bleeding heart liberal."

There are other reasons that I haven't joined a coven, but that's a big one.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 04:36 AM   #9
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

I'm not going out, unfortunately, because I have to work, but I had what I thought was a pretty great idea for a costume:

Full on black suit, black tie, black pants, black shoes, black sunglasses, the ear piece to a hands-free cell phone set, a briefcase, and a pair of handcuffs. One cuff will be on the handle of the briefcase, the other on a fake severed hand I bought from Spencer's. I call it "Stole the Football."

It was either that, or I was going as Alex from "A Clockwork Orange."
"Stupid party. Should be trick-or-treating."
---Bart, as Alex, in a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode

A friend of mine, however, has the end-all, be-all of movie reference costumes: Dr. Gonzo from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He even has the funky cigarette holder that Gonzo used when he smokes and, knowing this kid, probably has a significant cache of psychedelics to go with it (the merits of using LSD while everyone around you is in costume, however, is fodder for a new thread).
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote