The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #6016
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Wednesdays I avoid the supermarket, as that's the day Social Security deposits are made into peoples accounts.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #6017
glatt

They do that here too, and I also find it irritating. It's like it becomes a whole new store, which means I might as well go to a whole new store. And I sometimes do.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #6018
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Aside from general redistribution, my store in particular has a habit of switching back and forth every 2 years or so: all the organic produce in one place, everything else on the other side of the room; OR all the apples here, oranges here, and if they happen to have organic apples then they go in the apple section, etc.

Now first off, I strongly prefer the first method. I am not buying strawberries, etc., unless they have organic, so when it's all mixed in I effectively have to wander through every section to see if they have what I want. And if they don't have organic strawberries, I think, "Oh, I'll get organic blueberries instead," but then I have to go to another section to see if that's an option, instead of just seeing the organic blueberries sitting out where the organic strawberries would have been, if they'd had any.

But aside from that... just fucking pick one already. We've lived in this house for 8+ years now, and they've gone back and forth between these two methods more times than I can remember.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #6019
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Yep.

Tips on Increasing Grocery Store Sales

Quote:
Because of the low margins on many grocery items, store owners need to generate a high volume of sales to make a sufficient profit. Getting customers into the store is one element of increasing sales, while triggering impulse sales is another. Use a variety of community-wide and in-store promotions to boost grocery store sales and profits.

Change Item Locations

Each month or quarter, change the location of popular items so shoppers who are motivated to buy them will have to look for them. This is to make them pass by and notice other products, stimulating impulse buys.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #6020
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Planogram

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #6021
it
Banned

Drinking
Masturbating
Showering
Cooking

The 4 activities in my life I can't do at my work.

Apparently I haven't done the 2nd one in awhile, and that frustration was accumulating in the background waiting for the worst time to sneak up on me...

And now they hurt
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #6022
anonymous
Operations Operative

In a job one of the worst times is when you have decided fuck this place I'm gonna find a better job and then you have resumes and career websites and emails from recruiters and interviews that are promising and give you hope for a better future or at least more money

and you still have to go around in your current job as if everything is fine and nothing is happening and yes I am motivated and wow you are planning for the christmas party already and I can't wait. and yes I am very interested in this six month project although if I am here six months from now still being underpaid to support you ridiculous assholes I expect I will be drinking far too heavily to actually complete the project
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #6023
glatt

And on top of all that, you can't even speak openly about it with your friends online and have to use the anonymous account so your bosses won't get wind of how you really feel.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #6024
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Word.

Been there, it sucks ass. Just keep in mind, that there will come a point soon, when you've handed in your notice and are working your last weeks and everybody will know you're moving on.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #6025
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Then you walk into the boss's office to tell him to take-this-job-and-shove-it, and he surprises you with a promotion at three times the money. Talk about a deer in the headlights.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #6026
it
Banned

So does anyone ever gets to have the head-to-head with the unfair boss in the job they hate and quit, or does everyone end up been nice to them to finish on good terms for the potential recommendation?
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:27 AM   #6027
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

The latter. No point cutting off your own nose to spite your face.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:51 AM   #6028
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I thanked my appalling no-people-skills boss in my resignation letter, even though she had been insufferable and unreasonable. I figured as a letter it would be scanned in and stay on my records for the usual five years, so while the institution would have had yet another shake-up, that letter would last longer than Susanna did.

I did f-all during my notice period though, except maybe a little filing, surf the internet and post here.
Hahahaha.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #6029
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceur View Post
So does anyone ever gets to have the head-to-head with the unfair boss in the job they hate and quit, or does everyone end up been nice to them to finish on good terms for the potential recommendation?
When I quit/got myself fired from my last factory job, my boss & I both assured each other of our mutual disrespect, and dislike of each other. In no uncertain terms.

I was working for myself after that, so, I didn't give the first happy damn what she wrote in my file.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #6030
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I've seen shouting matches and fisticuffs in one case... then there's the Post Office.

Tags
mild cheddar