The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #4276
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

The thing that's making me happy today is knowing Max is not going to scream his head off during the night when I ignore his whimpering for cuddles.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #4277
Juniper
I know, right?

I just bought my son an electric guitar. It's what he wanted for his 11th birthday.

Went to the guitar shop and got a set -- this deal here:
http://www.squierguitars.com/product...tno=0301620025

He's at a Scout meeting now, but I got it out and set it up for him. Heh heh. Such a burden, you know, testing it out to make sure it works OK.

I love these things. Set it right, and anyone can sound like they know what they're doing. Crimson & Clover, anyone?
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #4278
Aliantha

I think my boys would wet themselves if i got them an electric guitar. lol

Fortunately I know I wouldn't have the patience to put up with the noise if I got one for them, plus it might bother the little one just at the moment.

Maybe when we build in the shed...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #4279
Juniper
I know, right?

The good thing about it is, you can plug earphones into the amp. So, no noise!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #4280
Aliantha

Ahhh...very cool!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:19 PM   #4281
Juniper
I know, right?

I'm feeling very happy and content tonight.

My 13 year old daughter was away at camp all week. I picked her up this evening, tanned a lovely golden shade that complemented her white-blonde corn-tassel hair, and in a rare good mood.

From the campground, I phoned in a pizza order at LaRosa's, my absolute favorite. We don't have one in our hometown, so if I want it I have to drive about 1/2 hour to pick it up. This was on the way back from the camp. I got two larges, which is about twice what we eat for dinner, so there's leftovers. Yeah, I did that on purpose.

Today is also our wedding anniversary. So when I got home with the kids, hubby had given me roses, a box of Russell Stovers, and a nice card. (I gave him his gift a few days ago, finding a sitter for our son so we could have some alone time, heheh.)

Then after my sweaty-from-work hubby and sweaty-from-camp daughter showered, we went to a free community concert about 1/2 hour drive away. We went to see these guys - "cajun rock" -- they've been around town a long time. In fact, I saw them play a long time ago, if not the very first time they played out, close to it. That was more than 20 years ago! It was before I met hubby, so I'm guessing they started out in 1988. Wow! We had a lot of fun.

And my son, who just started playing guitar and will be playing saxophone next year in his school band, and my daughter who plays clarinet in the band, got to see all three instruments being used to make some really cool music. I hope they find it inspiring!

Yeah, life is very, very good. And although summer camp is good for them, I'm so glad to have my family all back together again.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #4282
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Very nice, Juni.

I've heard of LaRosas, but never had it. Do you ever eat Marions? We always stop there when my mom and nieces and I go to a show at Victoria or Schuster.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #4283
glatt

I'm sitting on the couch with the laptop, and my son is vacuuming the living room floor, while my daughter vacuums her room. I didn't even have to force them to do it, just a suggestion.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #4284
monster
I hear them call the tide

Our team won the swim meet! the first in several years! We had maybe 40 kids vs their140. And we still won!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #4285
glatt

good job, coach!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #4286
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Way to go supercoach! *smiles*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #4287
monster
I hear them call the tide

oh I'm not the coach of this team. but thanks Hector got 1st in the Breaststroke and 2nd in the Freestyle, Hebe got 1st in the Free and Second in the Breast, and Thor was 4th (out of 16 - a real 4th) in the breaststroke (he didn't swim the free).
Old 06-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #4288
Juniper
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Very nice, Juni.

I've heard of LaRosas, but never had it. Do you ever eat Marions? We always stop there when my mom and nieces and I go to a show at Victoria or Schuster.
We do not like Marions. We've eaten there twice and were very much not impressed. They get a lot of hype around here for being so good, but I don't see it.

LaRosa's is awesome. They've got this wonderful sweet sauce - we can buy it in jars at the grocery, I don't know how far away they sell it. I heard the secret ingredient is carrots, but that might be an urban legend. If you ever make it as far south as Centerville, or in Cincinnati, you've gotta try LaRosa's.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #4289
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

SonofV and I are going camping this weekend. It's family camp and there will be sibs and moms and inlaws and outlaws. It's car camping, so nothing too adventurous. The highlight will be the Court of Honor for the troop where SonofV will receive his First Class rank advancement award.

In addition, there will be swimming and cross country bocce on the parade ground. Those boys huck that jack so far, it's about a par three just to get within measuring distance.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #4290
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
We do not like Marions. We've eaten there twice and were very much not impressed. They get a lot of hype around here for being so good, but I don't see it.

LaRosa's is awesome. They've got this wonderful sweet sauce - we can buy it in jars at the grocery, I don't know how far away they sell it. I heard the secret ingredient is carrots, but that might be an urban legend. If you ever make it as far south as Centerville, or in Cincinnati, you've gotta try LaRosa's.
Yeah, there's really nothing to Marions...which is good for little girls who just like a plain old pizza without a lot of pizzazz. For that style, I like the flavor.

I will have to try to get to C-ville sometime and try LaRosa's.

If you're ever in Newport (which, unless you're going to Lake Loramie or something there would be no reason to be) go to the Keyhole for pizza. Tell Amy I sent ya!