The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

A few wedding pics...

As promised, I am posting a few of my wedding pics. You can CLICK HERE to view some of my wedding pics.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:03 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Beautiful, beguiling, sexy and so is the bride.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #3
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Cool pics, Radar - quite the lovely bride!

I like the pics of you two "walking" and the "purple dress." The one where y'all are staring off to space, however, makes me wonder if the black surveillance helicopter was flying a little too low. :-)
Old 03-05-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Congrats dude!!!
How did an Ugly bastige like you end up with a doll like her ????
Old 03-05-2004, 11:27 PM   #5
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Thanks guys and zippy, I was lucky enough to get her (and she was lucky enough to get me) because I make her laugh. I've got a nice personality in real life.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:24 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Radar, hearty congratulations.

Good luck with the INS stuff. Sorry to say, you'll need it.

I'd love to know more about the Vietnamese wedding traditions ... was the clothing she is wearing in the "mother's house" picture traditional, and do you know the explanation of the various colors and symbols? Also, what was written on the hearts on the floral arch?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:36 AM   #7
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Red and gold are good luck colors and are used traditionally in wedding dresses. Over the arch it translates roughly to Happily Ever After or Love Forever. And the Vietnamese wedding works slightly differently. They don't have a priest, rabbi, minister, or even a monk presiding over the wedding. Thing happen this way...

1. Get a bunch of gifts (traditionally these are these small green fruits, rice, tea, flowers, cake, Vietnamese sausage, more fruit, and money/jewelry) together and put them in red containers covered with a red cloth that has the double happiness symbol.

2. Have a bunch of your close friends and family members (men) carry said gifts to the parents house of the bride. (In my case the parents were divorced so I started off at Dad's and went to Mom's from there.

3. The men who carry the gifts hand them to the close friends of the bride who in turn bring them into the house and place them in front of the family altar.

4. Pray with the bride to the bride's ancestors and bow 3 times (or 4 [once in each direction] depending on the circumstancees)

5. Put the jewelry on the bride starting off with earings, then necklace, then bracelet, and then the ring. (brides in Vietnam wear the ring on the right)

6. Pour tea for the parents and ask for their permission to marry their daughter.

7. They approve and you are no officially married.

8. Kiss the bride.

9. Go to the reception.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:42 AM   #8
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Those are some of the finest wedding photos I have ever seen! Congrats, and best of luck with the details. Hope you get her home soon.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:04 AM   #9
staceyv
Lecturer

she is really beautiful. and it looks like you had a nice wedding, too. the slide show feature didn't work for me, so i just clicked on them one by one, but it was worth it- great pictures! congratulations.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:03 AM   #10
jaguar
whig

Us Walking is cute =)
nice shots.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #11
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Mazel Tov.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #12
nekee
naughty nurse

Those pictures are wonderful! Congratulations and I wish you the best!
nekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:13 PM   #13
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar
They don't have a priest, rabbi, minister, or even a monk presiding over the wedding. Thing happen this way...

1. Get a bunch of gifts (traditionally these are these small green fruits, rice, tea, flowers, cake, Vietnamese sausage, more fruit, and money/jewelry) together and put them in red containers covered with a red cloth that has the double happiness symbol.

2. Have a bunch of your close friends and family members (men) carry said gifts to the parents house of the bride. (In my case the parents were divorced so I started off at Dad's and went to Mom's from there.

3. The men who carry the gifts hand them to the close friends of the bride who in turn bring them into the house and place them in front of the family altar.

4. Pray with the bride to the bride's ancestors and bow 3 times (or 4 [once in each direction] depending on the circumstancees)

5. Put the jewelry on the bride starting off with earings, then necklace, then bracelet, and then the ring. (brides in Vietnam wear the ring on the right)

6. Pour tea for the parents and ask for their permission to marry their daughter.

7. They approve and you are no officially married.

8. Kiss the bride.

9. Go to the reception.
I hope y'all have a long a fulfilling life.

Ok, that's out of the way, now...

Am I the only one thinking that we could do with something like that over here?
Old 03-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #14
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter
Am I the only one thinking that we could do with something like that over here?
Nobody's stopping you!
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:38 AM   #15
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Thanks everyone. The photos were nice; especially the ones with her and without me to ugly them up. I could stand to lose some serious poundage. But she loves me just he way I am. I'll drop the weight for health reasons and self-esteem reasons anyway though.