The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2004, 11:53 AM   #1
Slartibartfast
|-0-| <-0-> |-0-|

Atkins Snacks

There are so many low carb foods out there, but there are many that taste like refried dead rat droppings. What is worse is that most of it taste bad and is expensive! I keep experimenting because last time I was on Atkins a long time ago, I got desperate for other tastes, and that led me to quit. This time I have been on Atkins for a month, and still going strong.

I am going to list the foods I have tried so that others might avoid my mistakes as well as benefit from my good finds.

Atkins Crunchers 'potato chip' style chips - good if a bit expensive. Avoid the nachos flavor as it tastes like feet and smells like a locker room. stick to original flavor. Sour cream and onions as well as barbequeue are okay, but not as good as original

Keto low carb macaroni - cost me seven dollars for a box the size of a normal kraft mac and cheese. I could not eat more than a forkfull, I can't even describe the taste as my reflexes made me spit it out, kinda like how you flinch away from a hot object. My dogs seemed to like it, but regular dog food is much cheaper. Not for human consumption.

Keto 'milk' powder - (claims to taste just like milk!) - okay, it did kinda taste like 1% milk. quite watery, and doesn't seem to dissolve completely so there is some white powerdy stuff floating at the top of the glass. Not a good combination with Keto frosted flakes - the artificial flavors of both seem to combine, so I would rather go without than have this strange tasting 'cereal' concoction.

Keto frosted flakes - taste sweet (a little too sweet for my taste) and a bit cardboard like. Probably would be good in real milk, but see note above when using low carb 'milk'.

Carbolite (Carborite) chocolate bars - taste great! almost as good as a real chocolate bar with real sugar. Uses sugar alcohols (which are neither sugar nor alcohol). I eat it sparingly as it seems to affect my blood sugar.

I have found a local brand of low carb bread that is excellent. I don't have its name right now, but if asked I will go hunt it down. It seems to affect my dieting a bit more than the number of carbs it claims to have would imply (the way those low carb choc bars do), so I eat it sparingly.

Please if anyone has tried the atkins advantage ice cream, or any other stuff, let me know!
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote