The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #16
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Power wash it, hit it with some gel coat restorer and you could get $100 bucks for it. Nice as it is, it looks pretty skank.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Power wash it, hit it with some gel coat restorer and you could get $100 bucks for it. Nice as it is, it looks pretty skank.
Or I could give it away for free to someone who could power wash it, hit it with some gel coat restorer and get $100 bucks for it. Which is what I'm doing.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

It's octagonal, actually.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #19
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

He's throwing in the two extra sides for free.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #20
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Only if you act now!

But wait! Theres more!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
Or I could give it away for free to someone who could power wash it, hit it with some gel coat restorer and get $100 bucks for it. Which is what I'm hoping.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Buy a bucket of coat restorer and throw it in on the deal ... you could call it a patio table kit or something.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
glatt

You know, I'll get in on this lack of action.

We've got two twin pine beds stored in our basement. They are pretty nice. Solid wood furniture made about 60-70 years ago. Not stack-able as bunk beds, but they look like they would be. Belonged to my father in law and his sister growing up, and my daughter used one for a while. We have the mattress and box spring for one of them (both are clean and stain and odor free and the mattress is quite comfortable and pretty new.)

They just take up too much space, and I've been meaning to take them to a second hand shop or something to see if we can get $50 bucks for them or something.

Happy Monkey. You're local. Need a couple beds? At this point, I think I could convince my wife to give them away for free.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #24
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Almost a free lunch

You guys just missed out. Last winter in Orlando, we went to a Sweet Tomatoes. This is a chain all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant that is mostly salad, soup, and vegetarian with a few meat and fish items mixed in.

They had a deal where if I got a gift card, I ended up with a free meal voucher. Since there were 3 of us and I could use the gift card immediately, I went ahead with it.

I thought it was good if you like eating healthy. The soups were good and the salad bar had some unusual items. Not a lot of meat items but what there were were ok.

The missus was not impressed and we didn't go back. There are none here where we live. It turns out that there are a few in Vegas, but I didn't think she would want to go again. So here I was a few minutes ago, climbing the stairs to my computer and ready to give away a free meal voucher and a gift card that had at least enough for free drinks. But I told her what I was about to do and now it looks like Sweet Tomatoes is going to get a second chance to impress us.

Since this is mostly healthy food, I will have to balance this out with at least one trip to In-N-Out Burger .
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote