FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #886
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Makes you wonder about the Navy.
You know why they only issue powdered soap on the ships don't you?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 AM   #887
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
So far I want TRICKY angels with dirty faces. When do you move?
Tentative moving date is 2nd week of November. We have to be out by Thanksgiving weekend.

See if there is other stuff that you would like that would make it worth both our whiles to ship stuff out to NM.

Landlord came over and did a bang-up job...cleaned out and disinfected the fridge...he fucking rules!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #888
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Well it's worth it for me. I can't find a copy at the record stores down here and I am really missing it after it was taken. Special order will be a lot more expensive. I'll look for more stuff and pm you. I'll just send cash and pay for the shipping. Maybe a bonus for the favor. You can go regular USPS, as I don't mind. Fedex has been charging too much lately.

Last edited by Cicero; 10-17-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #889
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

Two black guys fighting outside my hotel room. I think the issue is citizenry... one guy was born here, the other guy immigrated (legally) from West Africa. -groan-
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #890
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

I have to take my 2005 car in again because the Check Engine light comes on and it feels like it's suffocating. Then it spontaneously heals, but it's staying sicker longer. I hope it's a warranty repair.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #891
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bloody slow bloody eBay bloody sellers
Oh you've got to pay them within 3 days or get a neagtive, oh yes
But they don't have to post out until they feel like it, oh no

So - no practising my Halloween makeup tonight
No watching House of 1000 corpses
No flitting about with my Halloween wig on

Sigh
I understand about getting payment quickly, and I don't resent that
But when we sold items in the shop, we always posted on the same day payment cleared
Okay, we were a business, but you can easily set the time you want your auction to expire - if you know you only get to the Post Office on Mondays and Wednesdays, why not have your auctions finish on Sundays and Tuesday?

Or better yet, write on the description what days you post and what your usual turn around time is. Otherwise people like me get excited for days on end every time the post comes, and then horribly depressed afterwards. I swear, it's like being a kid again.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #892
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Ok. I am annoyed.

This person I don't know that recogizes me from the coffee shop that I used to regular, but now work at 2 days a week, has annoyed me.

I am working (busy) and he wants to talk about why I would work there now. When he saw me he took me for a "secretary or something" and "why I am not doing that". I say, well this job is actually quite fun and I do like it. I say, I was actually doing administration work, and not a secretary. (though I have been before)

He says, oh, same thing...

Why so shitty? I don't even recognize this asshole but he needs an explanation as to why I would work in a coffee shop. And if I was a secratary as were his projections, what would be the big deal if I chose to work in a coffee shop?

I am having fun with my new 2 day a week job. I am surprised that I was so hesitant. But now John Q. Ass gets to question my work history. That bothers me.

He pressed me again after the first little conversation with even more random questioning about what would make me decide to work there, and my new boss answered for me since he was on, "ignore".

Why do people that I do not know watch what I do and how I seem, and demand explanations when it does not fit with their expectations or presumptions? Why get freaked out about someone you don't know working in a coffee shop? And why be shitty about it? Do I need to give strangers my work history now, and for what? To serve a damned cup of coffee?!?

Oh I don't want you to make me any coffee, I thought you were supposed to be checking the voicemail messages or typing..or something. Forget it.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #893
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Sorry Cic What an ass. Makes me look "ok" by comparison.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #894
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh, I know what you mean Cic.

Tell 'em you had a damn lobotomy and are prone to extreme violence. In what has been deemed a medical miracle, doctors found you were much more calm when constantly surrounded by the sweet yet acrid smell of coffee. You are mandated to work there by the state, though you have to be closely monitored as you have been known to suddenly start swinging a knife and throwing hot coffee, usually provoked by some dumbass asking personal questions.

"Bite me" is always a good response too, in my experience.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #895
glatt

Dude is probably starved for human contact and just goes to the coffee shop for an excuse to talk to people who have to interact with him because it's their job.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #896
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I stuck some leftovers in the oven to reheat, and then got so distracted by other crap that just minutes later I made and ate an entirely different lunch for myself. Just as I was rinsing my plate, the oven timer started beeping to let me know what an idiot I am.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #897
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I dont know how many times I have put a cup of coffee in the mircowave to re-heat and totally forgotten about it.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #898
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My microwave actually has a neat feature to prevent that--once it's cooked something, it will beep periodically until the door is opened. You can't leave something in there unless you open the door and then shut the food back inside again without turning it on for more cooking time.

...Which, sadly, I have done.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #899
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Why do people that I do not know watch what I do and how I seem, and demand explanations when it does not fit with their expectations or presumptions?
Because your hot. I'm just saying.....
Old 10-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #900
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
My microwave actually has a neat feature to prevent that--once it's cooked something, it will beep periodically until the door is opened.

and you haven't learned to completely shut that beep out of your concsiousness? wow. That's the best/worst skill i've acquired since becoming a mom. I can shut any sound out without effort -and sadly - often without being aware I am ignoring anything. kids screaming? no longer hear it. Which is usually good, but what if, one day, they really are hurt?

Tags
mild cheddar