Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I use the calendar on yahoo.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Im' working my way through "Getting Things Done" by David Allen.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I have a planner called a BusyBodyBook. It's a grid organizer, and includes perforated tear-off lists you can take with you. I LOVE it.

It's in a weekly format, with 5 columns on the right side. I use one for general notes, one for each family member, and the left side is for doodles and has a long to-do list. I staple or clip appointment cards there, along with jotted phone numbers, etc. There is an address section and an area for restaurants/take out food numbers, as well as pockets in each cover. I keep my stamps and address lables in the pockets, so I can grab the planner and bills and pay them...where ever, when ever (often over coffee, at Perkins).

I've told the kids, unless it's written in the planner, it isn't happening.

I make notes on 3x5 cards at work and take them home, and stick them in the planner. We keep a current grocery list clipped to it...as things are used up, we write them down. THen I just grab the list when I go grocery shopping. I use Google desktop on all my computers (work, laptop, home desk) and include the to do list. I put things on there from the planner that are VERY URGENT.

Oh yeah, I'm a list person. Everything I do has a couple of lists involved, lol.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #19
Cloud

I have a list at work which I update frequently and cross off as things are done.

I keep trying to make them for my boss, but he generally ignores them. It drives me crazy he doesn't keep one!

I keep to do lists in my notebooks at home, but don't have an organized system there. I have temp shopping lists on paper and on my iphone.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #20
monster
I hear them call the tide

I do it the way you do, Juni. Plus notes on the back of my hand. Always. i'm known for that. People like to check how far up my arm my notes go to see how busy my day has been! Notes and lists everywhere. Not all of it gets done. In fact most of it doesn't on any given day, and i rarely actually need to refer to my lists -I tend to check them near the end of the day to make sure i didn't miss anything that had to be done that day....but for me, once it's written down, I can stop stressing about forgetting it and devote my brain to other purposes. It's a stress-reliever.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #21
Tulip
Professor

I'm like Juni, except I have a planner. Someone gave my sister a planner for her birthday, but she doesn't use such stuff so I took it. I normally list everything I need to do but usually only cross a few off each day. :p So glad to know there are quite a few people like me out there.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:03 AM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post

Benadryl usually works, so does Tylenol PM, but then I feel zonked the whole next day.
Tylenol PM is Benadryl with the unfortunate addition of Tylenol. Cut out the liver-damaging middleman and stick with straight diphenhydramine, if you must use something.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There are calendars and task managers on the Crackberry, but I don't find them as easy or as convenient to use as those on the Palm T|X that I forsook in favor of the Crackberry. The Google calendar automatic update thingy doesn't seem to be reliable enough. It downloads okay, but doesn't seem to upload from the Crackberry properly, and it doesn't resolve duplicates well. Yes, I do want everything, thanks for asking.

I am considering going back to a paper calendar next year, just to see how it goes.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #24
casimendocina
Professor

I put everything on the notes, calendar or tasks functions on my phone as I lose bits of paper. For the most part it works. The only thing that stops it working is slackness on my part.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote