The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-01-2018, 11:15 PM   #61
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Nope, not enough so you gotta hold my beer and watch this.
You're like a Boy Scout - always prepared.

As for me? I've got two 19-year-old vehicles. I have some pretty deep-seated issues with the GDMF cup holder situation. Oh yes I do, sir.

The cup holders (such as they are) of my Volvo V70 station wagon are attached to the lid of the small console compartment. In order to open the console, there can be no cups in the cup holders. Brilliant.

Now let's talk about the ash tray situation. The floor-mounted shifter must be in Drive in order to remove and empty the butt-bin. Who empties their ash tray while they're driving?

Hello?
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:17 PM   #62
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Confessions? I like chocolate ice cream.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #63
Glinda

Rocky Road for me, please!

And for those who enjoy vanilla bean ice cream, try this for a topper . . .

Quote:
I have now tried this flavorful vodka straight up, on the rocks, in coffee (YUM) and poured over vanilla ice cream (YUM YUM) and am even thinking about using it on pancakes instead of maple syrup. I do believe its uses are only limited by your imagination; it’s just that yummy. This vodka has definitely found a home in my bar.
Link
Old 01-01-2018, 11:42 PM   #64
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post

The cup holders (such as they are) of my Volvo V70 station wagon are attached to the lid of the small console compartment. In order to open the console, there can be no cups in the cup holders. Brilliant.
Two cup holders slide out of the dash. The right one is directly in front of a dash vent so you better hope it's blowing hot or cold to match your drink. The other one makes it difficult to do things like turn the key.
There are two more on either side of the wide console. The one on the left is exactly where 99.9% of the drivers knee would be, but it's removable from it's VERTICAL slide mount. The other side is removable also, from it's HORIZONTAL slide mount, but at least useful.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:50 AM   #65
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Confession Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolcustomersupport View Post
Hello Readers,

If anyone is looking for email support services so you can easily read (linkie deleted by mod) from where you will get the solution for your query.

What can your service do for someone who can't read, can only write?

Last edited by limey; 01-02-2018 at 01:40 AM.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #66
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
You're like a Boy Scout - always prepared.

As for me? I've got two 19-year-old vehicles. I have some pretty deep-seated issues with the GDMF cup holder situation. Oh yes I do, sir.

Now let's talk about the ash tray situation. The floor-mounted shifter must be in Drive in order to remove and empty the butt-bin. Who empties their ash tray while they're driving?

Hello?
I do I do!
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #67
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
I do I do!
Ever the contrarian!
Old 01-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #68
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Two cup holders slide out of the dash. The right one is directly in front of a dash vent so you better hope it's blowing hot or cold to match your drink. The other one makes it difficult to do things like turn the key.
There are two more on either side of the wide console. The one on the left is exactly where 99.9% of the drivers knee would be, but it's removable from it's VERTICAL slide mount. The other side is removable also, from it's HORIZONTAL slide mount, but at least useful.
See? Who designs this shit?

BTW, what sort of vehicle are we talking about here?
Old 01-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #69
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

'06 SSR.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #70
Glinda

Oooh! Fun!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:58 PM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Daily driver, this is fun...
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #72
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

xoB--smoke'em if you got'em.

And I agree with you glatt and Griff. You needn't justify your reactions to sexobon's post. I had the same reaction, creepy stalker, his protestations to the contrary notwithstanding. It fits well with his demonstrated behavior of several times in the past. It's also not a contradiction to explain it as an expression of his "good memory". I believe sexobon when he says he has a good memory, he's demonstrated that several times. It's just that the things he recalls and reposts usually seem to be examples that reinforce some negative point he's trying to make. It's often at the expense of the "remembered" poster. I struggle to recall any such blast from the past he's revived that has been celebratory or encouraging from another dwellar's past.

We all, well, some of us here, many of the frequent posters, do have long histories of posts here, a target-rich environment some might say. As for driving others off.... we're all responsible for our own reactions, and for our own boundaries. Different straws for different backs.

I don't think that's a lesson intentionally given, "watch what we post". You edit your own self, we all do. I do think it *is* a contemporary lesson of the truism that once you put something on the internet, it's never gone (unless it's my kid's homework...).

Caveat poster.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:46 PM   #73
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I think that
aolcustomersupport is a robot.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #74
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

V,

That wasn't a bad job of bringing up something from my past to reinforce some negative point you're trying to make.

But it wasn't great. Your memory needs work so you can recall more specifics. Maybe some Ginkgo Biloba. Check with your doctor first.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:16 PM   #75
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mostly creepy, but not all creepy. [/billy crystal]

There's a difference, a yuge difference, between dragging something up from the archives someone posted earlier, and bringing in information from off site about a poster, even if it was them posting it at another site.
I don't care if he has a great memory, keeps a dossier on each poster, or works for the NSA, if the information is already here, it's fair game.[/2 cents]

As a matter of fact, seeing it's election time, I considered digging up a post glatt made before being elected the first time, how he would,'t be able to log in from work so he'd only be able to be here part time on weekends.
Yeah, I know technology changed, but it's still funny to me.