The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 10-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #31
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
Get the first one, Mari. If his nose color has already filled in, he is either the first born or the strongest of the two pups. More developed internally, choose him.
Yeah, I would agree with you, Tonchi. However, I will get the pup that the breeder picks out for me - there are 4 others, too. Cardigan Welsh Corgi's are scarce as hen's teeth. I had to apply for the pup just like applying for a job and give references and everything. The breeder is highly reputable and her Corgi's consistently win at a agility and herding trials on the national level. I felt fortunate to be one of the 6 lucky Cardi pup applicants she accepted. Since I want a companion animal, not a show dog or one for breeding, I won't be given the pick of the litter which is fine by me. I researched Cardigan breeders pretty extensively and actually turned down two offers of other puppies because I am so impressed with this breeder's dogs and her philosophy. Any pup from that litter is going to make a fine walking companion and pal!

Here's a pic of a Cardi competing in an agility competition. I'm actually hoping for a blue merle like the one in the picture. Now is that guy gonna help you get fit or what?
Attached Images

Last edited by marichiko; 10-11-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #32
wolf
lobber of scimitars

'Splain something here ... two months ago you were checking out different boxes that you could live in down by the river because you were fearful of losing your housing, and now you're buying a pedigree puppy of high scarcity, already have a cat ... if you can barely feed yourself by your own admission, how can you take on the responsibility of pets?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #33
marichiko

Heheheheheheh!

I clicked on the Cellar and saw that you had replied to this thread, and thought to myself, "Surprise me, Wolf! Please, don't be so predictable!" Oh, well...

Pets can live in boxes, too, and I'm on a diet. :p
Old 10-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #34
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

She's using the cellar for writing practice. She's sketching out a character.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #35
marichiko

Psssst! Brianna! The character is heavily one dimensional! Maybe the character needs to go on a diet!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #36
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

A pet-quality dog from a better breeder is going to be $500-$1000.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #37
marichiko

And?

Lower in calories?

Guaranteed to speed up your metabolism?

A great appetite suppressant?

Better than a home gym?

Guaranteed to bite Speed Trap Cop in the ass?

Will chase off Urbane Guerilla?

Carries a Glock?

What? I give up!

(I can see that not ALL of you have been hanging on to my EVERY last word here lately! Oh well, I've been known to forget stuff, myself)

We need to get something going in one of the other threads!

Last edited by marichiko; 10-11-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:35 AM   #38
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

AND.. pedigreed dogs have more serious and frequent health problems, like displasia, tooth loss, eye problems, and weak lungs. They require watching and pampering to a much greater degree than mutts do. Vet expenses are astronomical and always come during weekends and holidays when you have to go to an emergency clinic at 3 times the usual cost. If you buy a show quality you pay up to $10,000; AKC Registered pet-quality dogs start at $650 in the states where I have known breeders. And letting the breeder choose the dog for you is begging to have it stuck to you, Mari. You pays your nickle and makes YOUR choice, or wait until a better opportunity. Goin' kinda fast, Mari, I'm inclined to agree with Wolf on this. I want you to be happier than just for the first few days after you get the little guy.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:51 AM   #39
marichiko

Tonchi!

Anyone else who wishes to start up a discussion of purebred vs. mutt; how to select a good pup, etc., I'd be pleased to exhange thoughts in a new thread. I don't want to hijack Brianna's weight loss thread, though.

So, Brianna! I just ate a carton of donuts! Now what?

Last edited by marichiko; 10-12-2005 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #40
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
The linked article doesn't say that.
Oh I know, I linked to the article because I thought it was interesting. You can do a google search on IGF-1 and cancer and draw your own conclusion from the tons of articles returned. That's why I put "causes cancer" in quotes.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
So, Brianna! I just are a carton of donuts! Now what?
Well, if you are a carton of donuts, you've bigger problems than I can help you with. Good luck with that.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 10-12-2005, 11:08 AM   #42
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

BWAHHAHAAhahahaha!

To be fair, that's a typo, not a spelling errot.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #43
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Nobody said anything was fair!!

—James Barrie

Old 10-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #44
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Well, if you are a carton of donuts, you've bigger problems than I can help you with. Good luck with that.
I went back and fixed my typo, but come to think of it, they say you ARE what you eat, so I guess donuts are me!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:33 PM   #45
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
A pet-quality dog from a better breeder is going to be $500-$1000.
Pet-quality? As opposed to what? Food-grade?