The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #826
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ View Post
you might as well make a necklace out of them. .....

Yes, LJ, but they are doodads.

Conversation pieces. A very small something for someone to have that is interested in my trip here to the Phils.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:26 AM   #827
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I'd like to see a map of Texas made out of that gum.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #828
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

What scale would you like? Approx what size overal dimensions? A political or topigraphical map of Texas?

Would this be a conversation piece or some type of learning aid? Will the end product come in direct contact with peoples' hands? Should this be a diabetic safe map?

Might the coastline be shown blending into the Gulf of Mexico on the map? Should there be some type of liquid representing the sea?

Is there a target weight for the map? Ok, besides zero, is there a target weight? A maximum weight? Minimum?

Will the map be hung from a wall or displayed flat? Can you estimate the temperature fluctuation in it's display environment? The humidity? The CO2 content?

Direct sunlight exposure, LED, fluorescent or Edison type lighting in the display environment?

Will the map need a airline safe travel case? Must that case be fireproof or fire resistant? Should the case have a RFID anti-theft protection?

Would you like Crawford Texas accented on the Texas map? Waco?Sugarland?

Should the map have a certified document of authenticity? What agency would you prefer that it be registered with for this document?

Will you require insurance on the Texas gum map? What deductible?
Fire and theft only?

Would you expect to leave this in your estate upon your passing?

Will this map be shipping to Australia or Japan? Paypal, Money order or gold coins?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #829
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

It's early Monday morning here now and it's just now started to rain. We missed the big storm and most of the rains too.

The temp here is getting cooler too. Bike rides are much less of a struggle without the blistering heat. It's still hot but not hot like you are in some kind of fryer hot.

Now we only have the AC on for 6 hours a day instead of 12.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:37 AM   #830
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

There were two tremors that hit this morning. Nothing really noticable.

My wife says she saw some things move in the apt but thought she was imagining it.

I was on the computer and didnt notice a thing.

Nothing to see here. No damage, no devastation.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #831
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

There is another coup attempt (?) in progress here.

Several officers already on trial for a previous coup have escaped and are hold up in a hotel in Manila. The news is reporting that they have assault rifles and pistols and there have been shots fired in the hotel.

The local channels are giving the event full coverage even though nothing seems to be happening at the moment.

Here's the link.

I told my wife that this would be an outstanding opportunity to go get some photos and she just gave me "that look" of pity.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #832
SparkStalker
Vivacious Vivisectionist

Well, it looks like that came and went without much incident. But at least politics there are a lot more exciting than they are here...
SparkStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #833
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Yes, it was exciting to see a marine armored troop carrier break into the Penninsula hotel. Through the front gates and into the lobby. What were they thinking about getting the carrier upstairs, where the trouble makers were shooting?

Yes, the coverage here on local news was exciting but not until after all of the action was over.

All the reporters were held at the hotel grounds. They were taping what was going on but couldnt get the info out while it was happening.

The manager of the hotel was not the least bit impressed with the tactical use of the APC, nor the destruction of getting it through the doors.

"We just renovated last year"

I'm still not sure of all the details of the event but have a new secret project that consumes the majority of my time now.

When I have time in between tasks for the sp, I'll post pics and such here. I'm guessing that there wont be a lot of time for that for a while though.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #834
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

The weather here over the last few days has been very cool. Sometimes not even the electric fan is not required.

I've only been coming here for 3 years now but this is the coolest that it's been while I've been here.

Check the local weather.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #835
SparkStalker
Vivacious Vivisectionist

Just 83F? Wow...that is chilly for there...
SparkStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #836
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Even cooler in the morning.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #837
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

post #787

Is a M113 APC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11803583@N08/1761323681/
Old 12-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #838
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I believe that you are correct, yes.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #839
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Most of my time nowdays is spent researching and evaluating for profit schemes for me and mine here in this lovely tropical paradise.

I picked up the camera today, the first time in several weeks.

To the point though, here are some shots of the newest rat chaser. There were two of them, the other died within days of birth.

The Philippine cats are not accustomed to being petted and scratched such as the cats in the west. These cats are working cats, they keep the critters out of the house and surrounding areas.

This little kitten's mother is just now getting used to having me pick her up and pet her. She still squirms a bit when I pick her up while standing but will jump into my lap while I'm sitting on the couch.

Measurable improvement.

When the kittens were born I knew they had to be handled too. The first few weeks the mama cat would try to move the kitten into the house. Each one of us was on the lookout as this is not acceptable, to have the kitten inside.

"You made it, it's yours to clean up after and watch out for"

So today we looked around for the kitten. Mama kitty had hidden it because I picked him up the other day and pet him.

We found the little guy and plucked him out of the hiding space. Both mama and grand mama kitty were meowing with objection the whole time I held the kitten. Two adult meowing voices and one very weak and tiny meowing voice.

Anyway, I took a bunch of pics and these are some of the better shots from the bunch.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #840
glatt

What a scrappy little guy. Cute!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote