The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Traditional Metal Music(no hair bands)

Any fans of Traditional Heavy Metal music out here? Or traditional death,thrash or black metal?

For heavy metal many people include "hair glam rock" bands such as Motley Crue,Poison,Ratt,Bon jovi,Wasp,Dokken,ect...

But bans like these are not "heavy metal" they are either rock like Def Leppard and the Scorpions or rock/glam like Wasp and Motley Crue or glam rock which is fine if you like that kind of music but its not what I was getting at here just to clear this up.

I was wondering if there are any "true" heavy metal fans that are into Black Sabbath,Judas Priest,Saxon,Iron Maiden,Ozzy,Dio,Exciter,Running Wild,King Diamond,Agent Steel,Iced Earth

Or traditional death metal like (old)Slayer,Onslaught,Protector,Hobb's Angel Of Death(old)Morbid Angel,(old)Deicide

Black metal bands like Venom,Mercyful Fate,Hellhammer,Celtic Frost,Bathory,Possessed,Sarcafago,Mortuary Drape ect...
J.D.DIAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Any fans of Traditional Heavy Metal music out here? Or traditional death,thrash or black metal?

For heavy metal many people include "hair glam rock" bands such as Motley Crue,Poison,Ratt,Bon jovi,Wasp,Dokken,ect...

But bans like these are not "heavy metal" they are either rock like Def Leppard and the Scorpions or rock/glam like Wasp and Motley Crue or glam rock which is fine if you like that kind of music but its not what I was getting at here just to clear this up.

I was wondering if there are any "true" heavy metal fans that are into Black Sabbath,Judas Priest,Saxon,Iron Maiden,Ozzy,Dio,Exciter,Running Wild,King Diamond,Agent Steel,Iced Earth

Or traditional death metal like (old)Slayer,Onslaught,Protector,Hobb's Angel Of Death(old)Morbid Angel,(old)Deicide

Black metal bands like Venom,Mercyful Fate,Hellhammer,Celtic Frost,Bathory,Possessed,Sarcafago,Mortuary Drape ect...
I guess not.(LOL!) Oh well,at least somebody here listens to something cool.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

If by "fan" you mean it "makes you want to claw your eyes out and slit your wrists while vomiting" then yes, yes I am a fan.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
If by "fan" you mean it "makes you want to claw your eyes out and slit your wrists while vomiting" then yes, yes I am a fan.
? OOoooooooooK whatever floats yer boat.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Shawnee123

I saw Def Leppard and Ozzy, when I was in HS.

Luckily, I've grown up. Though, Def and Ozzy are fine, as is some other "metal". But a lot of it just needs shot. All the same raucous crap, like most country and rap.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I saw Def Leppard and Ozzy, when I was in HS.

Luckily, I've grown up. Though, Def and Ozzy are fine, as is some other "metal". But a lot of it just needs shot. All the same raucous crap, like most country and rap.
Oh ....you've "grown up" ....how sophisticated of you! (Laughing my ass off!!! HAHA!) "Def" isn't anywhere near "metal" as they were a rock band before they went "country" so I can't fathom how you include Def in the picture?

90% of the extreme metal is "shit" and thats why I'm talking about "traditional" metal. If 80's Venom,Mercyful Fate,Celtic Frost,Hellhammer,Possessed is not your cup of tea so be it,but its not the "same ole' raucous crap" as its original and its traditional. Nice to see that you've "grown up" HA!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Shawnee123

*shrug*

Hardly worth an argument. You can continue to bang your head, and I'll continue to think it's mostly crap.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
be-bop
Operations Operative

I love this lot High on Fire..... enjoy
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

alright then. try this. the drummer here is a great friend and co-worker. the bassist here is no longer with the band. my other coworker is now the bassist.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 AM   #10
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
alright then. try this. the drummer here is a great friend and co-worker. the bassist here is no longer with the band. my other coworker is now the bassist.

plthijinx that is pretty cool. How do you post youtube videos in here? Other sites have you copy the embeded code and simply paste it at "source" but this site is obviously different....?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
kerosene
Touring the facilities

That is really good, plt. The singer's voice reminds me of someone....maybe that guy who sang in Dream Theater? But the style of the music sounds different.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene View Post
That is really good, plt. The singer's voice reminds me of someone....maybe that guy who sang in Dream Theater? But the style of the music sounds different.
exactly. when i'm pimping their band to people i ask them if they like dream theater and if so they'll love SMC.

JD its easy. like S123 said in the youtube thread just click on share in youtube and grab everything after the "=" then click the youtube button at the upper right here and paste.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

more SMC. this was a promo for their first album. they should be releasing the new one sometime this spring.....

Old 01-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Oh,ok thanks plthijinx,I was wondering how to do this. Here is Motorcycle Man from Saxon live 2001 a track from 1980's Wheels Of Steel,this track is british Heavy metal,Saxon plays a mixture of traditional british rock and british styled heavy metal said by the frontman Biff Byford.

This is "raucous crap" making you want to claw your eyes out while vomiting according to Shawnee123 but to me this is far from noise,this shit is underrated heavy metal at its best.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 01-11-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

there ya go J.D.!!