The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-21-2003, 04:50 PM   #31
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

originally posted by april
Stay away from FNF! Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF! All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy All WOrk and No PLay MAke JAck A DUll BOy

Anyone ever see The Shining?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:07 PM   #32
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

You still are choosing to ignore that the site goes on about respecting privacy, which means in turn that the members ought to as well. What you did is worse than anything she has done.

And even if she is 17 and has a kid, she is still a child herself. You should be embarrassed that you are letting a child get to you so much that you feel the need to post her information in a public forum.
HaywardNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #33
juju
no one of consequence

The privacy policy doesn't cover people's posts. Those are public. Hence the term <i>public</i> message board. Users are free to do whatever they want with that information.

Also, only Undertoad is obliged to abide by the privacy policy, as he is the owner of the website.

Last edited by juju; 11-21-2003 at 05:21 PM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #34
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

So, you'd be okay with someone posting personal information about you that you didn't give them (didn't DIRECTLY give them, since she gave enough for P.I. FileNotFound to sleuth it out)?
Old 11-21-2003, 05:22 PM   #35
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

1. The information posted was public information, obtained legally, through legal means.

2. The only personal information that might have been posted about the person in question is what school she goes to...no one for certain knows her real name (unless they've been told by her in a private message) or if this is even the right school (see #4). Worst case scenario: A good estimate/guess was made, based on information posted to a public forum.

3. This site contains material that is not suitable for minors. A school would most likely want to block sites that contain such material.

4. A disclaimer was included with the original information.

'Nuff said.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 11-21-2003 at 05:34 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:27 PM   #36
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

Okay, so if someone legally obtains your information, they should feel free to post it here.

If anyone was really concerned about the content that is inappropriate for minors, he would simply have contacted the school and told them that children were posting on an adult-oriented website from the school. Posting the information is clearly intended to intimidate the girl.

Also, now that you know where she is located and when she is posting, it wouldn't be difficult to find out who she is. None of what you did may be illegal, but it's wrong.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:28 PM   #37
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by HaywardNelson
So, you'd be okay with someone posting personal information about you that you didn't give them (didn't DIRECTLY give them, since she gave enough for P.I. FileNotFound to sleuth it out)?
It doesn't matter if I'm okay with it. Anyone has the power to glean facts from public information. There's nothing I can do about it. Except pitch a fit, I guess. But that wouldn't do a whole lot of good.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:30 PM   #38
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Also, now that you know where she is located and when she is posting, it wouldn't be difficult to find out who she is. None of what you did may be illegal, but it's wrong.
Interesting. Perhaps that might be a good topic of discussion for the Philosophy forum?
Old 11-21-2003, 07:54 PM   #39
Nothing But Net
Professor

What a fucking train wreck!

Go see my post <a href="http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4426#post64395">here</a>.

Then let me know what you think. I don't think the Cellar is necessarily for schoolkids either.
Nothing But Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #40
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Dude, she's a child. Grow-up, FileNotFound.
She's given birth. She's about as adult as one can get.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:03 PM   #41
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
You still are choosing to ignore that the site goes on about respecting privacy, which means in turn that the members ought to as well. What you did is worse than anything she has done.

And even if she is 17 and has a kid, she is still a child herself. You should be embarrassed that you are letting a child get to you so much that you feel the need to post her information in a public forum.
Perhaps the "child" should not be here based on her age. I realize that this is probably a board for all ages...I'm assuming that, since there isn't anything that says "18 and under needs parental permission" or something of that ilk.

Plus, wouldn't she get MORE out of being on a board with people closer to her age range and in her situation (single motherhood). By her hanging out here with "grown folk" makes it look like she's trying to be older than she really is or that she can "hang" with older people.

I dunno...I'm still shaking my head at the whole mess.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:08 PM   #42
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
This place operates by rough consensus,
As opposed to "roughing it" consensus (cf. dave).
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:54 PM   #43
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas

As opposed to "roughing it" consensus (cf. dave).
Quote:
dave
Keiner Macht für dich mehr

quote:Originally posted by r9703410 (APRIL)
WHATS ROUGHING IT?

The term "roughing it" refers to vigorous anal sex. If you've ever had it, you'll understand why.

This roughing it?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:03 PM   #44
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hayward, we encourage people to post their opinion here. However, we're not very fond of people that post opinion as fact. You did it three times in one of your earlier posts.

Quote:
Posting the information is clearly intended to intimidate the girl.
Quote:
Also, now that you know where she is located
Quote:
None of what you did may be illegal, but it's wrong.
Now #2 could go either way at the moment. We know she lives in Houston--she told us that in her original profile (when she debuted on the Cellar as r9703410). She might go to the school mentioned...she has never said where she attends school, so unless she tells us, we don't really know.

Now, if you want to try and back up items 1 and 3 with fact, go for it. I know that you simply cannot do so, but you're more than welcome to try.

Otherwise, you might want to qualify yourself in the future.

I think you were trying to intimidate the girl.

And if this is where she's located

I think what you did is wrong.

Quote:
Okay, so if someone legally obtains your information, they should feel free to post it here.
I'd say it depends on the situation. For example, let's say somebody is trying to find me.

Hello...I'm looking for Rahsaan Saleem. We went to high school together and I haven't spoken to him in 20 years. The last known address I was able to find for him is:

1555 Iron Butterfly Road
Philadelphia, PA 19132

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

And then, someone might know where I live, and then said person could find me. So in this situation, it could be incredibly beneficial to post my information here.

Hope all this helps...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 12:42 AM   #45
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Riddil
LOL, this thread has taken an amusing twist.

Anyhow, if the mods wanted her gone, they would have already banned her.
Actually, he did.

She came back.

Promised to be "good."

And then promptly wasn't.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote