The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-01-2007, 02:44 AM   #31
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

And you wonder why she turns the ringer off. Glad to hear things are "on" again.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #32
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I once pranked my boss on april fools day by going sedately but with a smile into his office and telling him I was leaving and that the reason was because I'd won the lotto and didn't need to work anymore.

He was very sad.

Later, he was happier when I admitted I hadn't won lotto and unfortunately for me I'd be staying a while longer.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #33
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I woke up today to find that my hallmates and my door's have been covered with lotion and one of them was blocked with tape.

When we found out who did it and that he was asleep, we duct taped him to his bed.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #34
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

What makes me happy today ?
Well getting up , the temp is cool and nice all spring like and all ,
a big cup of coffie with Baileys ,
back to bed for wellllll,,,,,,,
shower togather ,
breakfast ,
then rewired the shed ( I had ALL the wire and parts )
Afew other honey do's
Start the grill and open a coupl a beers
cook some stuffed pork chops

and well it just keeps going good

All and all , I would say just being alive and experenceing the day with some body I love and haveing good friends here to talk with , good food , good drink , shit what else could a guy ask for !!!???
Old 04-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #35
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

A girlfriend who your wife thinks is hot?

My yard is making me terribly happy today. We've spent the past two weeks, or most of them, cleaning out flower beds and planting lots of new stuff. So far, we've planted four new apple trees, two willows, two lilacs, four rose bushes, a bleeding heart, an azalea, two snowballs, four elephant ears, and several planters of varying annual types, herbs and strawberries. I also have two trays of veggies, herbs and flowers sprouting downstairs, about ready to take outside, several packs of Morning Glory seeds, and a can containing about 10,000 wildflower seeds.

Also awaiting planting are two peach trees, two apricots and two white grape plants.

The only sad thing is that the wind has been absolutely *brutal* here for the last couple of days, with the result that I fear we've lost one whole planter of strawberries, a shamrock and some catnip (all in pots) to dessication from the wind.

I'll try to shoot some pics once I get everything in the ground. I have to pull up a section of unused grapevine wire/posts to make room for the expanding orchard, so that's a few days off. Its also been raining a monsoon here for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to till the garden plot yet.

Its real weird, but right now, just about all I think about is getting my yard into shape and growing stuff.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #36
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Today I took a bag of clothing from a patient's family that smelled april fresh rather than of cat piss.

edit to add: No, seriously. I took the bag around to three of my coworkers to have them smell it too. This never happens.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis

Last edited by wolf; 04-01-2007 at 10:30 PM.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #37
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
My new sunglasses
Are they Peril Sensitive?

What's making me happy today?

Scotch.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #38
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
A girlfriend who your wife thinks is hot?

My yard is making me terribly happy today. We've spent the past two weeks, or most of them, cleaning out flower beds and planting lots of new stuff. So far, we've planted four new apple trees, two willows, two lilacs, four rose bushes, a bleeding heart, an azalea, two snowballs, four elephant ears, and several planters of varying annual types, herbs and strawberries. I also have two trays of veggies, herbs and flowers sprouting downstairs, about ready to take outside, several packs of Morning Glory seeds, and a can containing about 10,000 wildflower seeds.

Also awaiting planting are two peach trees, two apricots and two white grape plants.

The only sad thing is that the wind has been absolutely *brutal* here for the last couple of days, with the result that I fear we've lost one whole planter of strawberries, a shamrock and some catnip (all in pots) to dessication from the wind.

I'll try to shoot some pics once I get everything in the ground. I have to pull up a section of unused grapevine wire/posts to make room for the expanding orchard, so that's a few days off. Its also been raining a monsoon here for a couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to till the garden plot yet.

Its real weird, but right now, just about all I think about is getting my yard into shape and growing stuff.
I've just been spending the best part of today organizing to do a bit of landscaping in my garden over the easter break. We're going to mulch most of the front yard and put in some native grasses (which are downstairs waiting to be planted) and shrubs. Possibly a couple of citrus trees although I'm still debating between citrus and banana trees. I think I'll end up going with bananas.

Anyway, this is making me happy today...and also a bit sweaty.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:06 AM   #39
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I realised in time that I'm minuting a meeting from 11.30-13.00 so rushed out and got a bacon & egg sub from Subway as they're the closest place. I am now sitting here with full belly rather than getting the shakes in the meeting.

And the weather is glorious - sunshine and blue sky but with enough chill that I could see my breath when I left the flat this morning. Perfect short sleeve weather!

Edited to add: Just been for lunch and Starbucks were sampling again. I do love me a free sample! I swiped one as I walked to the market and one as I walked from it - most people avoid samples on principle because they think the person is going to grab their wrist and make them something afterwards - so the girl gave me a big smile when I came back.

I'd never order what I sampled (cinnamon dolche con leche latte mocha blah) because I agree with the idea that the more words it takes to order your coffee, the more neurotic you are. Mine takes 3 words - black coffee please. But hey, something free and frothy in a little cup always makes my day.

Last edited by Sundae; 04-02-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #40
Cloud

The Dresden Files + Blood Ties on Sunday nights; and my new digital cable. Robin Hood on demand!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #41
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
Are they Peril Sensitive?

What's making me happy today?

Scotch.
You know it.
Pour me a glass will you?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #42
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hot tea. I'm sick.

I'm enjoying (well, enjoying is not exactly right, I'm being soothed and comforted by) Earl Grey, hot. And some delicious Lemon Ginger from Stash.

And lots of tissues (my nose is sore). And lots of hand washing.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #43
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I just got laid.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #44
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I just got laid.
I'm jealous
Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #45
Sundae