The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #136
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I don't have a problem with it, other than it will serve to further separate and ostracize the kid from his classmates. My problem is not whether concessions are made for him, it's whether they will ultimately lead to the best results for his well-being. You have to balance letting him establish his sexual identity with the very real fact that he is going to be bullied, no matter how hard the teachers try to keep it in check.
I wasn't questioning you, but quoted you because you answered my question for Bruce.

As for the bullied issue -it wouldn't happen here -our lesbian moms are too scary for kids to get out of line on sexuality issues srsly, though, he'd get bullied anyway -kids don't need to see special treatment to notice "different"
Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #137
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
From the link.Two in the building, or haven't you been paying attention before spouting off.
How many bathrooms do you think the kid needs?
Old 02-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #138
monster

(oh and they are probably disabled bathrooms rather than staff ones.....)
Old 02-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #139
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

One. The same one the other boys use.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #140
monster

Quote:
I'm betting all unisex bathrooms in schools are for teachers and staff, not students.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You really haven't been reading the thread very closely before spouting off, have you?

you generalised. you did not talk about this school in particular. The norm in other schools is discussed in this thread. So you can't have read it very thoroughly. Before Spouting Off.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #141
monster

Quote:
One. The same one the other boys use.
You do know you protest too much, don't you? You're too intelligent for this homophobic crap.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #142
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I was talking about the subject of this thread which you seemed to have lost the grasp of.
If all the little bastards use unisex bathrooms why would they have to make them available to one kid. Try and keep up.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #143
monster

Quote:
I was talking about the subject of this thread which you seemed to have lost the grasp of.

BS.

the subject was that the school was jumping through hoops to accomodate the boy who felt he should be a girl

many people have pointed out that no, they weren't jumping through hoops, but yet you cling to the "boys need to be boys and pee in the boys bathroom straw" and anything other than this is unacceptable jumping through hoops to bow to PC..
Old 02-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #144
monster

Quote:
If all the little bastards use unisex bathrooms why would they have to make them available to one kid. Try and keep up.

pathetic. you are above this. well my opinion of you is (was).

No, they are not available to all in this school. This school is clearly behind the times in that respect. that said, they do have unisex toilets which they have advised and allowed this child to use. I must have missed the bit where they said he had to use them? I was laboring under the impression that he could still "be a man" if he wanted to....?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #145
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, he can't be a man, he's a second grade boy, and he can damn well wear what the other second grade boys wear and pee where the other second grade boys pee. He is not special.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #146
monster

Quote:
No, he can't be a man, he's a second grade boy, and he can damn well wear what the other second grade boys wear and pee where the other second grade boys pee. He is not special.
Everyone is special in their own way. What do the other boys wear? Is is a law? Conformity is over-rated.

You're one of those people who never admits to changing their mind or concedes defeat, aren't you? Your current position in this debate is a dinosaur in the mud. In the future, little (transgender) boys will be using your bones to scare the girls (or strengthen their corsets).
Old 02-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #147
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
No they're not, they are what they are medically.
Maybe. And maybe they were born with indistinct genetalia, and were cosmetically altered, to assign them to a specific gender. What would that make them "medically"...? What God made them, or what man decided they should be? Again, I don't know if this is the case here, but, again, I've gotten zero response on this point. I think it goes to the heart of the matter: that gender isn't a neatly catagorized thing, yet we are only comfortable considering it as such.

In such a case, the uncomfortability would be squarely our problem, not that of an innocent kid who is living the experience.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #148
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You're one of those people who never admits to changing their mind or concedes defeat, aren't you?
You certainly haven't changed my mind with your attacks and rants.
If someone did manage to change my mind it wouldn't be a defeat.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #149
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Neither is a kid in a wheel chair that might need to use a different bathroom. Different, not "special".
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #150
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Being in a wheelchair would be a valid reason to make special arrangements.
In third grade, when this kid decides he wants to be a Koala Bear, will they add Eucalyptus leaves to the school lunch menu?