The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Wanna See My New Chainsaw and Hockeymask?

So have we all heard about the guy trying to bring his bloody chainsaw, home-made sword, machete, and brass knuckles across the Canada-US border? They held him for 2 hours, then said, "Sorry, we'll have to keep your chainsaw, but come on in! Enjoy your stay!"

And I'm definitely not an Al Queda sympathizer, but basically if you read the Koran or praise Allah, you're a suspected terrorist until proven innocent?

My faith in our government's little Homeland Security procedures is getting very wobbly...............

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050608/...JmBHNlYwN1cw--
Old 06-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Sorry if I saw that guy coming into my airport, I'd detain him on principle alone.......

Old 06-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche
My faith in our government's little Homeland Security procedures is getting very wobbly...............
I'm surprised you had any faith in the Feds at all.

911 was a big wake up call to me that our government is run by a bunch of incompetent morons. The whole duct tape hording, code orange alerting, knitting needle confiscating mentality since then proves (to me anyway) that it's the citizens who will save us from terrorism the next time, in spite of the government.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche
Sorry if I saw that guy coming into my airport, I'd detain him on principle alone.......
I'd shoot him on priciple alone.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

And I am a self-professed democrat-to-repub-convert-after-college, but man! do our "leaders" look STOOPID right now! (Okay, I know - it's not the first time.) I am so ready to convert to Anarchy.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

heh.. anarchy won't work.. although it's a nice concept. in a perfect world it'd be great, the downside of course being human nature.

and yeah.. uh bloody chainsaw? not in my country, I mean texas chainsaw massacre was bad enough, no copy-cats!

and I agree with Glatt, our country is run by people who can't manage their own lives muchless the fate of millions. if something else happens it's going to be the populace that bails us out. the knee-jerk reaction of the government is as always a day late and a dollar short.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #8
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Anybody else hoping that this fine Canadian is just having some fun with the border guards? Performance art mebbe, kind of like the nest guy?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 06-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #9
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Nice one Wolf. And Cow, I know anarchy is impossible, just like "perfect" communism, which is ideal, except darned human-nature (i.e.greed) always gets in the way.......

Old 06-08-2005, 01:23 PM   #10
glatt

So back to the chainsaw freak.

Why is this showing up in the news now? Everything in the news story happened in April.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I heard about him on Glenn Beck this morning.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #12
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Anybody else think he looks more CGI than human?

Old 06-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #13
headsplice
Relaxed

I'm diggin on the the weird reverse rattail he's got going on. That and the intense stare make for some true beefcake.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:22 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I for one am glad they let him in. He is a naturalized American citizen. They were only speculating it was blood on the saw. He was not wanted by any law enforcement agency. They detained him for 2 hours checking.
Thank the border people for remembering this country is supposed to be a country of law. Looking wierd is not against the law.

He has been arrested in his hometown in MA for the suspected murder of a couple of people in Canada. Letting him go was the right thing to do. Confirming who he was and where he lived was the right thing to do also.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #15
lookout123
changed his status to single

i have to say i agree with bruce. if he had been turned back or detained further, some civil rights attorneys would be screaming about our police state.