The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
bigw00dy
I'm here once in a while

Unhappy 10 year old gives birth

WOW!!!

Quote:
10-year-old gives birth in Idaho; Suspected illegal immigrant, age 37, charged with rape
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...r-old-giv.html
Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
At 47K per kidney, figure another 150k for his various other donatable organs, that would total a nice nest egg to start his child's trust fund. Not an extreme sacrifice for the father to make.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Interesting.

The poor child (children!) was my focus when clicking on the link, but the comments below are all about illegal immigration - ick.

I spose it would be the same in this country if it was an African asylum seeker, so I'm not being holier than thou. It just seems a shame.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Me too, Sundae. How heartbreaking.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
"I wouldn't have believed a 10-year-old could conceive in the first place," Fremont County Sheriff Ralph Davis tells the Associated Press.
Well that's because you're stupid, Mr. County Sheriff. Girls quite regularly start ovulating at age 9, and can sometimes start as young as 5.

Quote:
"St. Anthony Police said they were notified of the young girl's pregnancy by medical personnel after she went in for treatment at a doctor's office," KIFI-TV reports on its website.

One day later, the ABC affiliate says the young mother delivered a 6-pound girl
At 6 pounds, the baby probably wasn't full-term. But she and her family still went at least 7-8 months through the pregnancy without ever calling the police or seeing a doctor. I suspect that 1.) the rapist was known to the girl and/or her family, and 2.) she is likely illegal herself.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

When I was young and impressionable, I remember a (local?) story about a 9 year old girl who had a child by a 14 year old neighbor boy. Although I forget the details, I do remember it freaked me right the hell out about sex, I'll tell you that!!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
kerosene
Touring the facilities

That's strange, Lab, I heard the same story about a girl in another country. I was just about to turn 9, so it was scary for me, also. Interesting that we both remember hearing that story so long ago. (Or maybe it was not the same 9 year old?)
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Maybe that's what it was. . .I was hoping someone could corroborate my 'memory'.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
Dingleschmutz
is not a palindrome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
When I was young and impressionable, I remember a (local?) story about a 9 year old girl who had a child by a 14 year old neighbor boy. Although I forget the details, I do remember it freaked me right the hell out about sex, I'll tell you that!!
Local? Meh, that's Iowa for ya. They were probably married already.
Dingleschmutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #10
monster
I hear them call the tide

My next door neighbor in the UK was a senior resident in the ER with pediatric speciality, and would have at least one underage birth a week -some referred from their GP. They just had no idea they were pregnant and neither did their families, and simply reported with severe abdominal pains. He said it was so common it was heartbreaking. They were usually in the 13-15 age range, but it was not uncommon for them to be younger.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:30 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

My mother said the same thing about the hospital where she worked, after the client base became predominately spanish speaking.
We wondered if it was the "hot blooded latins", or just coinsided with the times?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #12
dixy
passionate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I suspect that 1.) the rapist was known to the girl and/or her family, and 2.) she is likely illegal herself.
Those seem like two highly likely suspicions to me. Still, poor girl. Just imagine how psychologically damaging that must have been for her!