The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 03-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
finding_nirvana
Sibling of the Commonweal

The World as it is, What we are, and What We are looking for.

Display your views, I am about as interested as what you have to say, as you are in saying it. What are we, where are we going, what are we, or you looking for. Only you can answer you questions, based on your knowledge, tell me your ideas... fate may be closer than you thought, destiny... can be right at your door
finding_nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
mrnoodle
bent

I'm always far too willing to share my view on anything. But can you be more specific? And I'm locking my door. Destiny keeps peeking in the window and running off. I'm starting to get creeped out
Old 03-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm looking for a really good cheesesteak and winning lottery numbers, which, incidentally, I think is the solution to all the world's problems.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
And I'm locking my door. Destiny keeps peeking in the window and running off. I'm starting to get creeped out
Thanks--made me laugh.

Life is Hard. It is, according to some, supposed to be hard. I've tried mightily to stay on the Road to Respectability but keep falling off. Why? I only wish I knew. Maybe I'm supposed to rely on the Spirit more than I have been. Maybe there is light somewhere. I'm programmed to hope. Whatever works. A really awesome cheesesteak can be a sign. I look for those moments.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #6
finding_nirvana

I myself feel trapped, though a cheesesteak would be good at this time, materialistic things don't matter to me, I pay more attention to the grasping of an inner peace (hence the name). Like many, I mask myself to look as what other people want to see, and I have denied other ways to be. People don't want the truth, because people can't bear the truth, most people expect the truth but in turn they give not truth, people expect love but give not love in return. My view of this life, is we are just a rock floating in an infinite black void, alone, and yet surrounded by others in this chasm. I suppose I am a robot now, nothing more than just mechanical, or meybe just better than human, for I have abandoned religion, myth, legend, and I have turned to science to solve my life. I have abondoned god and the theory of this testing ground. Die alone, siece to funtion. Only human, not more than mortal. And so, here I am, cast out of scociety as a mind, but accepted as a body. We are not alone in this void on this rock, humans emitt more than just pollution, we emitt a field of energy, an energy of thought, emotion, and instinct. Not more than animals, but and no less than god, we hold the magnifiying glass... shall we use it. And so if you have read this far, you may have a better idea as to what I wish to see among the posts. Express youself, I'm watching.

~[i]"You are a very odd boy, but I suppose... after all, as our mothers always told us, at least mine has 'always try new things'." -Hannibal Lector
Old 03-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

I think its important to try to be consolidated as a human being. We're all like these amazingly complex jig-saw puzzles that we have an unknown amount of time to complete. We're humans sometimes we have to feel deeply sometimes not, explore the unknown, create something, improve the lives of those around us, seek spiritual fulfillment, make music, find food, clothing, shelter, despair and exalt all in little pieces the size of which we all choose hoping to fill all the holes to be a complete person. And if that doesn't work there is always booze and chicks to fall back on.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think we emit a field of energy that is directly related to the Spiritual. We are spiritual beings having a human experience, to crib from the alcoholics! The more I rely on materials and things to fulfill me, the lonelier I become. However, being, at core, a near-pathologically shy person, I am handicapped and seek relief thru all-to-human means. There will never be an end to this tension/struggle. Well, maybe in death.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

In death you may move to a tougher struggle. Better to stay with one you know.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #10
Brown Thrasher
self=proclaimed ass looking for truth whatever that means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Thanks--made me laugh.

Life is Hard. It is, according to some, supposed to be hard. I've tried mightily to stay on the Road to Respectability but keep falling off. Why? I only wish I knew. Maybe I'm supposed to rely on the Spirit more than I have been. Maybe there is light somewhere. I'm programmed to hope. Whatever works. A really awesome cheesesteak can be a sign. I look for those moments.
I view you as working hard down your road to destiny. Maybe the light is in you. I think you should keep searching for those moments. In my opinion we all know more than we are willing to accept. Laughter was invented for those needing it the most. Sometimes, I make myself laugh, to keep from.......
Old 03-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #11
Brown Thrasher
self=proclaimed ass looking for truth whatever that means

The world as it is sucks and can be beautiful at the same time. I don't know what you or others are. However, I know what I'm looking for, to be able to look in the mirror and like what I see. Not in a physical sence, but to actually see all the shit-energy circling me make itself into one big ball and leave forever....Maybe , then I could open my eyes and find clarity.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #12
monicakat
Homicidal Terrahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
The more I rely on materials and things to fulfill me, the lonelier I become.
I completely agree. Maybe I don't need to understand why I'm here, or what I'm supposed to accomplish, but instead manage to have a good feeling about the things I do and the way I effect others. I'm probably at the happiest I've ever been right now, and I'm at a point in life where I don't have much to call my own. Starting a new career and taking a *drastic* pay cut has me pretty much where I was when I graduated high school. But I'm doing things that I feel great about.
The things I dread the most are the things I feel best about once they're finished. Volunteering early in the morning, I hate it. But I know once it's over the rest of the day will be wonderful.
My opinions are nothing I haven't heard bunches of people say over the years- but as a person who just 4 years ago thought I'd never be able to get out of bed or god forbid be happy, these are revelations. And I cherish them. I just try to stay in the sun.
monicakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #13
finding_nirvana

This is interesting, I like your responses. It seems that many of you have the same theories, or views, yet I remain the same, I enjoy seeing different views rather than conformety. I told someone close to me what I was, it did not make either of us happy, but I had given the truth, none of my view, but the truth, it has not made me happier, but it has indeed brought me closer to what I am looking for. The truth is there, why lie? Someone will find out sooner or later, nobody knows that I am sexually corrupt, someday, someone will find out, most likely the stalker, meybe even success. Someone will know. And here is my question to you, what makes some of us so corrupt, I lead a good life, my parents are good, but I still reject that fact, but they are, so why am I what I am, any ideas?

"You are a strange little boy, but I suppose... after all, as our mothers always told us, or at least mine did, 'try anything once'." ~Hannibal Lector
Old 03-09-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
mrnoodle
bent

I was looking for a submission for the pic association thread, and came across something that I think fits here. Well, here more than elsewhere.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #15
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Not to change this into another pic association thread...

|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote