The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-31-2005, 06:14 PM   #46
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

they can't get married until her divorce is final (it's been languishing for 3 years now in an arizona court, and there is nothing she can do to move it along, because she signed papers while she was in croatia. she can file for a NC divorce once she becomes a resident, in november. hrvoje has to leave in dec unless they get him an extension.)

the good news is that she had the baby (named him after me!!) and he is the father on the birth certificate, so since he is the immediate parent of the child, he is going to apply for a working visa and then citizenship.

but my point was how freaking hard it was to get him here, and illegals pour across the border and get medical and welfare and school and all kinds of crap, whereas while he is here, *I* can't even get that stuff, and if I even apply, he gets deported.

still mad.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 PM   #47
warch
lurkin old school

He's here, he should apply for the temp residence/work visa ASAP, yesterday. If he has to leave it will be months to get back in legally, even if married.

I think you maybe romanticizing the amount of perks, the "all kinds of crap" garnered by illegal immigrants. I belive they also risk deportation as illegals, its just less of a hike, so it's less of a hassle I suppose. Also, there's the messy business of kids caught in it.

As for "get medical"...I dont think your fella would be turned away from the emergency room, either. And if he was 8, I bet he could get a seat in the local public school, at least for a while. if he had his shots.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:48 PM   #48
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
I'm in Iraq, fighting terrorism from what they tell me, getting paid squat, spending a year away from my family, and I am constantly reading articles about Illegal Immigrants invading my own country.
If it 's really that bad, I think troops could go to their CO & tell them they are queer, insane, etc..... and get a discharge. If you can't handle being a soldier, I suggest you get your ass out. There are too many "real" troops dying to take your place........ so there.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:51 PM   #49
Griff
still says videotape

It strikes me as odd that someone who is occupying a foreign country is complaining about illegal immigrants. Sorry, I'm weird that way.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #50
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICOTINEGUN
As far as I can tell, there aren't 50 qualified white guys in the entire city who even want the jobs we offer (insulation, gutter and fireplace installation).
Quote:
Ahh, I knew it wouldn't take long before some doomed fool brought up skin color. We're talking about skin color here, Dear Friend. We're talking about my tax dollars paying for people who weren't born here. Congratulations, by the way. You've earned the first, of many I'm sure, Race Card Alert Notice. You've taken the short cut to thinking by using race as the issue. Tell the good Rev. Sharpton I said hello, will you?
get a life and quit whining already.
and what the hell is a DOOMED fool........ can you share THAT with me?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:45 PM   #51
marichiko

[quote=mrnoodle] But just managing to walk across a fence and swim a river does not make you a citizen.[?QUOTE]

Never said it did, and I don't think anyone else here claimed that either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
But I'm curious....what would you say if you heard that the vast number of illegals coming across the border every year was being denied work and turned back at every doorstep they came to? I suspect that we would be considered evil and heartless, and the left would demand that "something be done," probably in the form of more tax money going to handouts.
Don't quit your day job just yet, Sherlock. As a card carrying member of the ACLU, here's how'd I respond: I'd demand that All US residents go down and have genetic testing to prove the amount of Native American blood flowing in their veins. Those with less than 50% I would demand be deported at once across the border into Mexico to make their way back to Europe or Africa or Juarez as best they could. I would then demand that Cherokee and Navajo be made the official languages of the country. Any white boy who protested against this would be required to learn the Ghost Dance and the Blessing Way and the Navajo Night Way, as well as memorize the complete text of Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. That should put the damned illegal immigrants in their place!

Quote:
Right. So what are you arguing about?
Hint: Well, you could go back and read through this thread. Just a stray thought from my frenzied liberal brain...

Quote:
The only way for this to occur is for American ranchers, etc., to hire them illegally. If they are here legally, they must be paid minimum wage. They could also unionize. The left is guilty of racism on this issue. Not the "hang all [race]" racism, but "you're [race], so you're obviously not equipped to follow the same rules as the rest of us. Because of your race, we'll give you a pass." Patronizing and wrong.
Damn, Noodle, you've got to stop getting all your information from folks like NICOTINE GUN and Zap Comix. Since when is it racist to suggest that perhaps American employers should be required to follow US law? Yeah, poor Americans. They're too stupid to ask a potential employee for a social security number of a green card. After all, they ARE products of the US school system and American talk radio. We can't ask the impossible of them.

Quote:
So where would you personally draw the line? We can't let "all" of them in, so which ones should we allow? Which should we turn back? What is the point of cracking down on employers if you're not going to stem the supply of cheap, illegal labor? Maybe Nancy Reagan could come and tell them to Just Say No?
Excellent idea!

American Employer: "Gotta green card?"
Illegal Immigrant/Wetback: **shrugs shoulders and presents would-be employer with an old ticket to a soccer game held last year in Chihuahua**
American Employer: NO job for YOU!

Quote:
Intimately. At any rate, I was agreeing with you. You shouldn't argue when people are agreeing with you. I was saying that there are 32 decent hardworking Mexicans per useless militia-member white nut.
Great! Then you know all about Forbes Trinchera, land grants made by the Spanish Crown and the stand off that occurred just over the Colorado border near Chama, New Mexico some years back. What were you agreeing with me about, by the way?

Quote:
But I fell into the race trap, at any rate. My bad -- this isn't about race, as much as the left wishes it were.
Tisk, tisk. That'll learn you. We on the left adore the race trap. Walk in beauty, white boy! (If you can still walk after getting out of the briar patch you just threw yourself into)

Quote:
Ooh. I have to call my Hispanic lawyer and make sure he got the whole $1700 for my DUI case. It almost broke me to pay him, but I'm sure his bambinos will appreciate the extra tortillas, particularly since he's in the Bahamas this week and can't support the family.
What? You hired some cut rate spic lawyer from the Bahamas who doesn't even have a green card? You must have been drunk!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:12 PM   #52
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

Talking Thanks, Radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
You'd lose that bet buddy. Not in your wettest dream do you have either a better education, or more education. In fact, you're pretty fucking stupid, and judging from your laughable posts, you're education is below 3rd grade level.
Ahhh, Radar. I remember when I used to rant and rave like that. It's funny you mentioned third grade because that is when I spoke like you do now. Ahh, youth truly is wasted on the young. Thank you, Radar. You make me remember why I want to be a better person. You run off now and hit the books, Little Trooper. Maybe we can work on penmanship tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:19 PM   #53
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by too many posters
I remember when I used to rant and rave like that.
Cut the useless insults, guys. It only proves we need more illegal immigrants and should start deporting American citizens.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:39 PM   #54
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
get a life and quit whining already.
and what the hell is a DOOMED fool........ can you share THAT with me?
Doomed Fool: person destined to live a life of agony and mental anguish due to ignorance and failure to take the long road to thinking.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:40 PM   #55
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
Cut the useless insults, guys. It only proves we need more illegal immigrants and should start deporting American citizens.
LOL
Old 08-31-2005, 11:46 PM   #56
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

To the Ooh Oohs

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
If it 's really that bad, I think troops could go to their CO & tell them they are queer, insane, etc..... and get a discharge. If you can't handle being a soldier, I suggest you get your ass out. There are too many "real" troops dying to take your place........ so there.
I realize you can't read fast, but I'm beginning to realize you can't think fast. Are you serious with your last little blurb. Did you read what I wrote? I never said I couldn't handle being a soldier. I've done things you only read about. My point was that it sucks being here doing what we do, meanwhile our own nation is being invaded. Take the spoon out of your mouth, spit out the garbage, feed yourself. You people are really starting to amaze me. It's like you pick one phrase from the paragraph and focus on it.
"Oooh, he said something with soldier in Iraq in it! He should just quit or say he is queer..ooooh, ooooh, let me write this down!"

"Oooh, Oooh, his signature is a quote from Hitler, he must be a Nazi, ooh, ooh."
Old 09-01-2005, 12:05 AM   #57
Saddam Hussein
The CIA faked my death

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICOTINEGUN
I've done things you only read about.
Greetings infidel invader,

Perhaps you can show what a tough guy you are by breaking a nice little old misunderstood tyrant out of US confinement.

Or where you talking about something else, like fucking a spider monkey in the ass?
Saddam Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:47 AM   #58
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

hey new guy: quit being a dick.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:54 AM   #59
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
hey new guy: quit being a dick.
Bukkake: Japanese tradition of ejaculating on the face of woman who has been unloyal to her husband. Each of the town's men were provided the opportunity to ejaculate on the face of the man's wife who cheated on him. Sicko!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:56 AM   #60
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

Talking

Or where you talking about something else, like fucking a spider monkey in the ass?[/quote]

No, Saddam. I never touched your mother.