Deplorable

Very wise, UT.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:35 PM   #62
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
It's important to remember, then, that the President of the United States is not the head of very much at all.
The entire economy of India is worth $2 trillion. A president with little intelligence and who almost lost his reelection not only did massive damage to the American economy. He even spent almost $3 trillion on a war that had no purpose - to kill hundreds of thousands (and their leader) who were not a threat. And massacred 5000 American servicemen in the process. He had little power to do anything productive. But he clearly did massive damage to America, to its credibility, so so many world wide treaties, to America's respect all over the world, and made it clear to Putin that it is best to not trust America.

America can be so stupid as to elect another George Jr with names such as Cruz or Trump.

For someone without that much power, he still managed to destroy maintenance of most everything in America, construction of new schools, infrastructure, innovations, new markets, and so many other things that made America great. While turning a potential surplus into a massive national debt. Fortunately he had so little power that he did not put Social Security into the stock market. So there were limits to his destruction.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:54 PM   #63
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That all required, and got, congressional approval.

Quote:
Fortunately he had so little power that he did not put Social Security into the stock market.
Which President were you talking about?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #64
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

If Trump becomes president and them becomes the idea of what America stands for, I'm pretty sure you're all standing in shit up to your armpits.

Australia has had some pretty crappy options leader wise over the last few years, but I take some small comfort in the fact that we can't destroy the world through our mistakes.

He is creating such divisiveness within your community that it's frightening to watch. How it can even be legal for him to tell people to punch other people for whatever he thinks is right just boggles my mind.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:57 AM   #65
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

He's going to make Sarah Palin the Ambassador to Australia.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:46 AM   #66
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
If Trump becomes president and them becomes the idea of what America stands for, I'm pretty sure you're all standing in shit up to your armpits.

Australia has had some pretty crappy options leader wise over the last few years, but I take some small comfort in the fact that we can't destroy the world through our mistakes.

He is creating such divisiveness within your community that it's frightening to watch. How it can even be legal for him to tell people to punch other people for whatever he thinks is right just boggles my mind.
This!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:09 AM   #67
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Ha!

Wait, is this joke on them or us?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:39 AM   #68
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
He is creating such divisiveness within your community that it's frightening to watch.
Make no mistake. That divisiveness has been breeding for three decades.

This is the steam valve letting off pressure. You aren't seeing the explosion from it. It's still building up... faster than ever.

"I can't hate Donald Trump" oh but it's required now; it's the whole point; we are watching the people in a glorious celebration of hate, and they LOVE it. Season of hate, people are really having a ball wallowing in it. Orgasm of hate.

It's fucking disgusting.

POLITICS IS NOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT HATE.

THIS IS WHY I'M OUT OF IT. IT'S KILLING US.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:47 AM   #69
glatt

Name:  20160314124614271.png
Views: 176
Size:  34.5 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #70
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Many who know violence justifies a belief have not increased. But this is what the Republican insiders did not understand. Limbaugh, Hannity, Paul, (even Sarah Palin), etc were recruiting these people with their rhetoric. Suddenly a concentration of easily manipulated mindsets are tapped by politicians who preach childish rhetoric to a group inspired only by emotions. Republican insiders declared an 'all hands on deck' reaction to derail this threat. Too little too late. A large body of Republicans know punching someone in the face is justified. They are now collected in the Party that wants to stifle stem cell research, health and environment regulations, improved international relations, solutions to the Middle East, any spending even on infrastructure and other need national development, international treaties, and even the closing of Guantanamo. They love extraordinary rendition, big guns, more Middle East wars, gestapo torture tactics, hate of minorities and immigrants, and both Trump and Cruz.

A 70 year old man punched a demonstrator who was being removed from a Trump rally by the police. The police charged that demonstrator with violence. News video so exposed this attitude that police had to go out three days later to arrest that attacker. Emotion justified their response. New video force them to act as logical adults.

A U of Virginia professor describes what attracts these type. "Jesse Helms understood before anyone else that the proverbial angry white male feels the most aggrieved, and is therefore the most likely to vote." A Senator that promoted racism, hate, and obtainsd power by defining 'good vs evil' was always popular among these types. People who fear. People who can be told what to fear; therefore know it must be true - facts be damned. The Republican party has now become a magnet for these types.

Delaware Republicans even disposed of their long time and popular Senator to vote for a 'witch'. The emotional are that easily manipulated.

Same people know violence and insults proves one is right. Their numbers have not increased. But they were collected by a Republican party that did not realize (or care) who they were recruiting. In the tradition of Jesse Helms, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, and the Council of Conservative Citizens, they are flocking to rhetoric that even admired a Georgia state flag that promoted hate.

These adults, who are still children, have always existed in same numbers. But having been concentrated in an organization that can mobilize them, suddenly a divisiveness that has always existed has become apparent.

Republican party insiders did not realize what they had created. Are shocked that fear and hate inspires these people. Divisiveness has not increased. It has only become concentrated where it can be tapped for political gain. It always existed.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #71
Aliantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
That would be awesome. Australians would have a field day with her. Maybe she can look off the east coast and see NZ. Then we can all give her shit for saying so.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:16 PM   #72
Aliantha

Quote:
Make no mistake. That divisiveness has been breeding for three decades.

This is the steam valve letting off pressure. You aren't seeing the explosion from it. It's still building up... faster than ever.

THIS IS WHY I'M OUT OF IT. IT'S KILLING US.
OK, maybe I mis-spoke. Trump has given license to all the red neck, KKK, violence loving freaks to act on their previously somewhat censured ideas of what's acceptable in good company. If I were a black person, or any minority group I'd be running out to buy a gun right now because sure as shit there'll be an increase in hate crimes once Trump is elected.

I know it was said about Bush, but this time it really is true. I see a future where minority groups are rounded up and placed in 'camps' and anyone who disagrees with this process will be shot either legally or not.

You lot are in so much trouble. You're just inviting Russia and China to save the world from you.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #73
Aliantha

Oh, and while the rest of the world has it attention diverted, who knows what the hell Islamic extremists and North Korea will get up to.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #74
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

He's going to make Chuck Norris an Ambassador-at-Large.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:51 AM   #75
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:

It's fucking disgusting.
It is. People need to check themselves. I'd say folks love Trump because he scares the hell out of people and the left loves hating him and his supporters cuz its nice and self righteous. The demographic reality that whites will soon be the largest plurality of people but not the majority is making people crazy. I'd rather we accept reality and find our way through but it looks like it'll be nothing but ugliness for a while.