The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #31
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Well, just for the sake of argument, I think SmartAZ is correct. He has given all the reasons why we are in such disarray in America today - namely that women have adapted to the new social environment and are pushing ahead after taking over more than 50% of the workforce since the 1960's while men/boys are still in shock that it could happen/be allowed to happen, have NEVER recovered from the shock of seeing a female presence standing beside them instead of behind, and have been severely crippled in their job and familiar relations but prefer to whine and be hostile and resentful instead of growing and adapting for themselves
Old 09-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #32
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAZ
Throwing the girls and boys together leads to boys never learning how to act like men and girls thinking they can and should somehow be equal to boys.
Yes, to follow up on Tonchi's line of thought:

It is a great tragedy of the 21st century that women have been placed in a position where they must stoop to consider themselves equal to the weaker sex - the male one.

Men are poor creatures handicapped from birth with XY chromosome configuration. As any biologist will tell you, the majority of the Y chromosome is null and void. The X chromosome is rich in genetic information. Men are poor creatures, half what a woman with her XX chromosome is.

An embryo with an YY chromosome make-up is not viable, for example.

Another example of this can be seen in sex linked recessive genetic conditions such as hemophilia. Hemophiliacs are almost exclusively male, thanks to the configuration of their XY chromosomes. The blood-clotting factor is carried on the X chromosome. Having two X chromosomes is a good insurance against being born with a sex linked recessive condition.

Populations of salamanders can and do dispense with the male sex completely during times of low food supplies, over-crowding or other ecological stresses. Offspring are produced through the process of parthenogenesis. When times become better, the luxury of the inferior male salamander is something that the group can afford and males will once again begin to appear in the population.

Therefore, why should men be given the right to vote? Here today and gone tomorrow. This does not make for responsible decisions at the polls.

I rest my case. :p

Last edited by marichiko; 09-26-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #33
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I liked my song. It's from MY FAIR LADY. Wasn't it appropriate?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:32 AM   #34
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Actually, I LIKE men, they are sweet, and really fun, and I hope they will always have the nobility to let us bitches follow them around

I really like salamanders too.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:27 AM   #35
SmartAZ
Confounded Conjuror

When a lady needs a friend, there's nothing better than men!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:29 AM   #36
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAZ
When a lady needs a friend, there's nothing better than men!
And diamonds. Don't forget diamonds.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #37
marichiko

The gift of friendship is not limited to either of the sexes. I just discovered that I may come into a Swiss inheritance! And salamanders have always been a personal fav!
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2005, 12:11 AM   #38
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I take it that you got an email from a long lost relative whose recently deceased father was highly placed in the Swiss Government, and all you need to do is to provide access information for your bank account so the money can be transferred to you ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #39
marichiko

Well, see, everyone here needs to send me a check because I have to pay $10,000 in processing fess for my 5 million francs to be transfered. Please feel free to PM me and I guarantee that I will return double whatever amount you send!

Actually, its a longshot, but it MIGHT just happen. My Mom is Swiss and has two sisters back in Switzerland. Neither of them have children. My Mom's twin sister took over the family home they all grew up in, a huge 3 story house built in the 1500's - it has a nice piece of land that goes with it. By Swiss laws of inheritance, as the only living direct decendent, I should be entitled to all or part of the value of that house (5 million Swiss francs). I have written my Aunt in Switzerland back last March and never got a a reply. I have no idea what happened to her. She may be ill or she may have passed on.

My last name is an extremely common one, so if my aunt HAS passed on and didn't have my most recent address in her paperwork (which she didn't), I would be extremely difficult to locate. I have written the government offices of the Kanton (a Kanton is like one of our states) of the town where my aunt resides inquiring what has happened to her. If she HAS passed on, I am the sole remaining person who is a direct relative. Its certainly fun to daydream about (NOT my aunt's death, of course), and you never know...

Last edited by marichiko; 09-30-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:45 AM   #40
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

OK, now, I know we are twins separated at birth but this is too much of a coincidence MY momster's relatives in Switzerland live in a huge 3-story house built in the 1500's. If you tell me that your momster is related to the Auers (known for chocolate and wines) that is just TOOOOO much!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:45 AM   #41
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
I just discovered that I may come into a Swiss inheritance!
That would be great! Then you could help all those people, the government is screwing, directly.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:38 AM   #42
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

"Yeah, well, I've gotta wash my socks. I'm not sure yet how long I'll hang around here. I was hoping for better discussions. I mean without the insults"

Without the insults you say? Well.....your post was insulting. I was insulted. What you said was insulting to me as a woman. Go figure. You can post something so blatantly insulting to me and my sex and then get pissy because you get insulted back?

Grow up
...................ok that's perhaps a tad harsh but fuck it I'm in a bad mood :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #43
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
That would be great! Then you could help all those people, the government is screwing, directly.
I would, too, Bruce! Like I said, its a long shot and I have no idea what is happening over in Switerland, but were I ever to actually come into that sort of money, I would indeed turn philanthrophist (is that how you spell that, Wolf?)

Tonchi, what Kanton does your family reside in?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #44
Fleur
drama queen

Please, women are only equitable in the market place until they have kids. Then things have a way of getting re-prioritized in a way that has women's hands tied behind the apron strings...kiddy kennels are not the answer.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #45
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
(is that how you spell that, Wolf?)
No, it isn't.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote