The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2004, 07:23 PM   #11
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Riddil

O. MY. GOD. I don't think I've ever read a more self-centered comment in my entire life. Someone ELSE's life is garbage. Some poor CHILD is born into a tumultuous homestead. And all you can say is, "your maladjusted child might annoy me".

Nice.
Erm...no. Those are YOUR words/interpretation/assumption. What I DID say was this:

Quote:
" I do worry about people bringing children into unhealthy households, because more than likely, that child will leave home and unleash themselves on society as dysfunctional adults (I quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of dealing with such folk).
"
Gyah, I HATE being misquoted...sigh.

Oh, and um..by the way, I didn't say anything that many others either have already said, or what they are thinking (and perhaps not brave enough to say).

Bruce said:
Quote:
"Tumultuous homestead? Try dysfunctional group that wouldn't even qualify as a family.
Maladjusted child? More like hoards, armies of screwed up monsters that will, without a second thought, take your property, security, peace of mind, liberty and even your life."
Precisely. The last thing I want to do is to be looking down the business end of a gun at the local store, and behind the trigger is some kid who's Mom is a crack whore and Dad has disappeared (or if he's around, he's not much of nothing), and was probably abused for most of his/her life. I know people who have had this type of life (or something similar to it). My best friend from high school was abused as a child by an uncle, and the family was in denial about it for years. It affected her future relationships with men...she would end up with losers galore! (I mentioned one of them in another thread). As her friend, I had to put MY life on the line for her ass so that she wouldn't get killed by one of these fools. BUT, the thing is...she was with him for TWO YEARS! Plenty of time to leave that situation, and try to improve her own, but noooooo! And she's been that way for years and years. *shakes head*

Ep said:
Quote:
"Fucked up households churn out fucked up people, who in turn churn out more fucked up people. What's wrong with LS saying that, and what is wrong with saying that fucked up people are annoying? They are, and all the goddamn sympathy in the world isn't gonna change that. It isn't self-centered to point out obvious fact, and state how one feels about it."
Once again, you rule!

Quote:
No one can fix a damn thing about anyone until the person with the problem takes responsibility for it and works on it. No one ever got fixed by saying "I was an abused child, it isn't my fault." I'm sure that Rho has contributed to United Way somewhere along the line, or dropped a buck into a Salvation Army kettle to help fund drug-treatment and psych programs. What else do you expect her to do? Open her home and comfort the very people who would, as Bruce notes, fuck her over at the first possible opportunity.
{sistahgurl}Oh haaail naw!!!!{/sistahgurl}

But seriously, I have been fucked over by some of those folk. I have done various things to "help out" with their individual situations, only to find out that they just recycle old bad habits and get into more messes. After years of dealing with that, it was time to let those people go. I was putting too much effort into them, and not enough into "fixing" me.

So, people can call it whatever the hell they want. I no longer want to deal with the bullshit, and that's.my.choice AND my RIGHT.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote