The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #31
glatt

He's a cute kid, alright.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #32
Kitsune
still eats dirt

I've got absolutely nothing against minifob (or most other infants for that matter), but I await my sound beating in my declaration: until they reach a certain age, babies are most certainly not cute. Newborns, especially, are only considered cute by the parents that produce them -- the creatures are alien looking in their wrinkly, smooshed-up faces, deformed skulls, and blank stare. Until their age defines them as "children", the actions of babies alone often negate any cute properties they might have gentically aquired: the chubby little face, fatty arms/legs, and oversized eyes cannot compete with the basic function of turning food into drool, poo, vomit, and screaming.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #33
glatt

That's the beauty of still photography for recording moments in time like this.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #34
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:28 PM   #35
glatt

He're a cute pic of my daughter. A fairly typical pose at that age. Notice the adorable drool on her chin. So much, she wore a bib between meals. And the lovely cry. You can't hear it, but trust me, it was lovely. And you can't smell her sweet aroma, but I think I know why she was crying.
Attached Images

Last edited by glatt; 07-26-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #36
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
A fairly typical pose at that age.

That pose is usually followed with by the phrase, "here, you take her", and the diaper crinkle sound as the infant is forced into the arms of unsuspecting victim. The problem is that it is impossible to deny the offer to hold a baby.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:52 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Actually it is possible. I have become quite practiced at feigning ineptitude when presented with someone else's offspring.

"No, I'm not allowed to hold one of those."

"I have been exposed to several very frightening infectious diseases this week at work, and my test results aren't back yet."

Holding the wriggly creature at arm's length, under the armpits, making sure that it's arms are pointing roughly upward, but a different angles, also guarantees parental rescuing.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #38
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

It seems to work in reverse for me. Perfect strangers or people I barely know come up to me and, if they're polite, ask to pick up or hold the baby, and if not, they simply try to take them. They put their fingers all over my baby's hands (which go in their mouths), tickle them, tousle their carefully arranged hair, and often either try to stuff their pacifier/bottle IN their mouth or yank it OUT (depending on the pacifier's location). I've had to work on a response to retrieve my baby back from them and still maintain my civility.

Stormie
Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #39
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
Newborns, especially, are only considered cute by the parents that produce them -- the creatures are alien looking in their wrinkly, smooshed-up faces, deformed skulls, and blank stare.
I must say that I thought my newborn daughter was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I was so in love with every mm of her. Her nose, lips, even eyebrows were perfect. Her skin, red hair, finger and toenails, magnificent. Then, a few years later, when I was going thru pictures putting them in some semblance of order in an album, I realized that she was just as ugly as every other newborn out there. Those hormones are powerful things!!

Of course, now she really is the most beautiful child ever.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #40
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

A dingo ate your baby.

Couldn't resist!
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #41
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Old 07-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #42
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Just something from a Seinfeld ep. It's an illness of mine!

Nothing against you! Best wishes to you and your beautiful baby.