Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #16
glatt

Excellent!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #17
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Bri,
So what exactly did you do, and how did you wean yourself back onto solid foods? Glad you're better BTW.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:35 AM   #18
wolf
lobber of scimitars

That next rack of ribs, or even a seemingly innocuous bologna and cheese sandwich will put you back right where you began.

Suck it up and go see a doctor.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:48 AM   #19
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
~snip I feel much MUCH better.

....and that's what that ghost girl from the sixth sense kept saying...

....if she'd only gone to a doctor.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #20
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
That next rack of ribs, or even a seemingly innocuous bologna and cheese sandwich will put you back right where you began.

Suck it up and go see a doctor.
Ah, too true, too true. I am watching it (sometimes I watch it better than others) and I plan on seeing a Dr. next week. The thought of surgery...well, I don't want it, but, if I have to, I have to. Lithotripsy is out.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #21
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
Bri,
So what exactly did you do, and how did you wean yourself back onto solid foods? Glad you're better BTW.
I did two days of juice only (no orange, too acidy) then soft foods for a day. I was feeling so much better after that that I just started eating regularly again. BTW-the juice fast made me feel energized.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 07-29-2006, 09:27 AM   #22
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Lithotripsy is out.
They don't do that for gallstones anymore. It didn't work, apparently.

Quote:
BTW-the juice fast made me feel energized.
The fancy medical term for that, as you know, is "sugar rush."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #23
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
They don't do that for gallstones anymore. It didn't work, apparently.

The fancy medical term for that, as you know, is "sugar rush."
I tried mightily to avoid pure sugar rushes--I drank V8, carrot and (ok, I'll give you this one) apple juice. I think I just felt better 'coz I felt skinny!

—James Barrie

Old 08-02-2006, 02:22 AM   #24
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

What you have to effectively do is eliminate ALL fat from your diet. More than 5 grams per day will put you into a state which morphine will barely touch. I lasted nearly eight months between diagnosis (Thanksgiving weekend, not surprisingly a time when many gall bladders flare up) and the actual operation, while trying to get together funds to pay for it all because I had no health insurance. When they began the laproscopy, it was discovered that my gall bladder had completely disintegrated and they had to rush in a different surgeon to make a large incision and flush out my body cavity with saline. The doctor had 15 years experience in this kind of operation and she said she had never seen anything like it, she said it should have been impossible for me to stand the pain. Up to the time I lay down on the table I had been functioning on Tylenol and a no-fat diet, though, simply because I had no choice.

Oh yeah, and I lost 12 pounds too.

Do not rationalize or look for temporary fixes. Quit trying to fool yourself. Once the gallstones start they do not go completely away later, you will have to have the operation now or someday, but you will have it. Better now than at the autopsy, huh? Unless you are especially fond of the idea of massive pain and possible death, get it now.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:21 AM   #25
mercy
Fellow-Commoner

learnt a lot about Gall Bladder and its opearation in human body. thx mate.
mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #26
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Hey Brianna,

If you have gallstones I recommend having surgery to have your gallbladder removed. I was sick (in pain, throwing up, etc) like you were, and dealt with it for a year (because I had no insurance)...and ended up with an ulcer from it, from throwing up so much. I was sick 4 or 5 times a week though, and mostly during the middle of the night. I know how painful it is, and it's been my experience that you really don't need your gallbladder all that much to function, and function properly. I've been without mine for 4 years and haven't noticed much of a difference at all. To find out if you have them is pretty painless and if you have insurance, just a co-pay. The surgery is practically painless (afterwards) out-patient type, and I was up and at it the next day. I have three little scars on my stomach.