Old 03-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #5851
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I think my period must be due.
Thanks for the warning.

See ya in a week.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #5852
glatt

I'm irritated that I got it in my mind that I want an oscilloscope, but those fuckers are expensive. And the affordable ones on Ebay look like they are all broken and cost a ton to ship. And I can't justify buying one for the one or two measurements I want to make. I don't even need to make them, but how cool would that be?

Somebody give me a working oscilloscope please. Kthanksbye.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #5853
monster
I hear them call the tide

(small) Thrift Stores can be good places for such things. Also, have you tried Craigslist?
Old 04-11-2015, 06:15 AM   #5854
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I just had to call my phone/net provider - went through the automated system, pressing the right menu option, saying the nature of the problem loudly and clearly when asked etc and then on hold waiting for an advisor, listening to the usual on hold music.

I'd been holding for about 4 minutes when someone knocked at the front door - I hung up the call and went to answer my door - postman: can I take a parcel for next door. No problem.

I now have a bouncy barking, over excited bearded collie jumping about besides me wanting to know what the big papery parcel is and whether it's rippable.

Back to my desk and redial - go through the menu options (saying the nature of the problem loudly and clearly when asked, but having to do it three fucking times because Carrot times his barks to drown out my words) listen to the on-hold music for 5 mins and then: another fucking knock at the door. Neighbour back already, wanting his parcel.

#firstworldproblems
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #5855
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I just had to call my phone/net provider - went through the automated system, pressing the right menu option, saying the nature of the problem loudly and clearly when asked etc and then on hold waiting for an advisor, listening to the usual on hold music.

I'd been holding for about 4 minutes when someone knocked at the front door - I hung up the call and went to answer my door - postman: can I take a parcel for next door. No problem.

I now have a bouncy barking, over excited bearded collie jumping about besides me wanting to know what the big papery parcel is and whether it's rippable.

Back to my desk and redial - go through the menu options (saying the nature of the problem loudly and clearly when asked, but having to do it three fucking times because Carrot times his barks to drown out my words) listen to the on-hold music for 5 mins and then: another fucking knock at the door. Neighbour back already, wanting his parcel.

#firstworldproblems

Is it Talkmobile, by any chance?

I had problems getting into my account this morning and ended up having to reset my password.
It's working OK now, but they have been messing around with the website and didn't post a warning to the effect that problems might ensue.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #5856
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

TalkTalk
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #5857
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I'm irritated that I got it in my mind that I want an oscilloscope, but those fuckers are expensive. And the affordable ones on Ebay look like they are all broken and cost a ton to ship. And I can't justify buying one for the one or two measurements I want to make. I don't even need to make them, but how cool would that be?

Somebody give me a working oscilloscope please. Kthanksbye.
I used to want one back when I was into scanners, shortwave, and ham radios.

I just wanted to watch the line jump up and down when the voices came through.

I'm a simple man with simple pleasures.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #5858
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Day before yesterday I learned a new (to me) term for the substance known as santorum. It ended with --butter.

For the life of me, I cannot come up with the first part of the word.

Help, please.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:28 AM   #5859
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The Legacy Continues..

somewhere between mildly irritating and annoying the living shit out of me:

I am now back on my bike (see hyped and amped, etc) and I can almost fit into my cycling shorts without my nuts getting pushed up into my never mind, maybe I should say nether mind...

So as some of you know the previous admin had a habit of being crazier than a shithouse mouse and would pack aways spring summer fall winter clothes into various boxes. That's all good in theory. In practice it didn't matter if mittens were put with boots and it didn't matter if both mittens or boots were in the same box or if there were a couple of summer items in the winter box "just to fill it up."

Maybe you can see where this is going.

Now I have one bike cleat. If I buy new cleats I need to buy clipless pedals to replace my vintage Campy super record pedals. Something that I don't really want to do.

So for now I'm riding in canvas deckshoes.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:22 AM   #5860
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I went for a haircut this morning, and when settling up at the till I handed over the sum on the cash register and a reasonable tip.
It was only when I got outside that I realised I had been charged the 65+ rate.
I am not sixty-five plus. I am not even sixty-five.
I admit to being settled in er... middle age, but I was absolutely mortified.
I am tall, of slender build, do not move at snail's pace and still have a reasonably resplendent head of hair in a pleasing shade of steel grey, since you ask.
If I were a horse being examined for purchase, I have little doubt that the vet would certify me as being sound in wind and limb.
I was mortified. Mortified and insulted, as it happens.
I am considering both legal action and moving this post to the 'What's upsetting you today'? thread.

On the other hand I did save £4.50 ($6.70)
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #5861
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
I was mortified. Mortified and insulted, as it happens...On the other hand I did save £4.50 ($6.70)

Old 04-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #5862
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I am so tired of migraines/headaches/pain. This might be better in a 'what's wearing you down?' thread, but I haven't the energy.

Migraines/headaches daily, nightly, in-between. Right now. I stopped all alcohol, went on a low-histamine diet, tried several other diets, various suppements - no improvement. Just the ongoing pain, like there's a slow fire inside my skull that flares up unpredictably and wakes me late at night, bolts me bolt upright in bed clutching my head. Keeps me up most nights, makes me grit my teeth and struggle through most days. I manage at work with the help of Imitrex. But it's not perfect, it makes me dozy and irritable.

This may be the spring weather change, but it's more severe than most years. It could be sinister or it could just be that I really, really hate my job and the stress of dealing with angry patients and angry staff is showing. But everyone hates their job. I know, hand me a straw.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #5863
glatt

Just mildly irritating?

That sounds majorly irritating. Migraines suck. (I don't get them but my wife and son do.)
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #5864
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dear Opera help-bot,

I want to update my browser, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opera help website
Search results

Popular topics:
No results matches on search for “update”. Please try refining your keywords.

Did you mean: update
Old 04-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #5865
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Rudeness.

So I went to breakfast and there were only spots at the 'bar' (not a real bar because they don't even serve alcohol but there is a bar there...think it used to be a bar place) and there was an empty chair next to me and some big-headed freak came and just took it. No, I didn't need it I'm so painfully alone but don't you fucking ASK? "Ma'am, do you mind if I take this chair? Are you waiting for someone?" Something!

Now, at the county library (I hate this place, really. So 'modern' in the 70s and it's so crap now...and has no outlets anywhere because nobody modern in the 70s ever anticipated the need for outlets...and my town's library ain't open on Sunday) so I took a tiny little round table. THere are two big tables, one with another big-headed freak sitting at it...but this creepy lady had to sit at my table. Not a big deal, but no "can I sit here and use the other outlet?" I mean, even with a nose in the air kind of attitude (and that shit pisses me right the fuck off) and now she keeps TALKING TO HERSELF AND SIGHING.

Dear Freaks of Fucking Nature,

Please to stop darkening my doorstep. kthxbai.

Miss Intolerant of Freaks of FUcking Nature.

Jesus GAWD I might hit her. Not really. However, I'm beating the fuck out of her with my mind.

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar