The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 02-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #16
deadbeater
Sir Post-A-Lot

My mistake, I guess they are now fawning over the Huck. Although the Rep race is all but over, nobody told the voters, especially the conservative ones.

It would be an interesting race between The Huckabuck and The Obama. Enough of the stale names.

Last edited by deadbeater; 02-09-2008 at 06:16 PM.
deadbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #17
aimeecc
Super Intendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Bay is not a spokesman. She is a political analysis - the people who define and execute political strategy. To get poltical correct answers, campaigns employee spokesman to spin facts. An interview with Bay would be insightful because it defines what is really intended and targeted by the candidate without the propaganda spin. Irrelevant is her viciousness. Only important are the strategies and objectives (and whether she is really being honest).
Calling Huckabee McCains "vicious/ambitious little sidekick" is not much of a political analyst. And its ripe with spin.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #18
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Only important are the strategies and objectives (and whether she is really being honest).
I know you weren't referring to Patti Solis Doyle, but the same holds true and it cost her, her job.

After losing all of the weekend's caucuses and primaries, Hillary Rodham Clinton announces that a longtime trusted aide will take the place of Patti Solis Doyle in running her campaign.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #19
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

A long time trusted aide, heh.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #20
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

I thought Romney's concession speech one of the most statesmanlike I've heard in this election yet. The Republicans seem to have a lock on the classy behavior so far. The Democrats, not so well.

The current issue of American Spectator analyzes Hillary Clinton's cattle-futures trading coups way back when down to a gnat's-pubic-hair resolution, and connects the dots for probable cause for a corruption indictment. Thorough, and some impressive investigative journalism.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #21
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
I know you weren't referring to Patti Solis Doyle, but the same holds true and it cost her, her job.
From The Economist of 16 Feb 2008:
Quote:
The Billary Campaign is in turmoil. ... But it also reflects a troubled organization. Mrs Clinton's campaign has been riven by faction-fights between the "white boys" who are close to her husband and "the Hillary girls" who are close to her. It has also been hobbled by the reluctance of her advisers to bring the boss bad news. Mrs Solis Doyle's departure was reportedly precipitated by her failure to tell Mrs Clinton that her campaign was running out of money. Mrs Clinton, it seems, had to lend the campaign $5m of her own cash. ...
Mr Obama has run a steadier campaign. He has consistently out-organized and out planned his rival.
The reason I find readers of the Daily News (tabloids) with so little grasp of current events: they fail to read and grasp significance in details. No details, for example, are why so many believed Saddam had WMDs. Details are massively significant.
Quote:
On Saturday February 9th an overflowing crowd of Virginians got a chance to see the Democratic presidential candidates giving duelling speeches at the Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Richmond. More interesting than anything the candidates said, however, was the detritus afterwards. The crowds stripped the place clean of Obama signs, tearing every last one off the walls. Hillary signs were abandoned on chairs and trampled under foot.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #22
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
From The Economist of 16 Feb 2008: Mrs Solis Doyle's departure was reportedly precipitated by her failure to tell Mrs Clinton that her campaign was running out of money. Mrs Clinton, it seems, had to lend the campaign $5m of her own cash. ...
BS that Hillary didn't know she was running outta money. A total control freak like her knows where every friggin penny is/was/went. Thats just convenient spin. IMO

Quote:
The crowds stripped the place clean of Obama signs, tearing every last one off the walls. Hillary signs were abandoned on chairs and trampled under foot.
Thats VERY interesting - I wonder why? hmmmmm
Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Obama supporters are thieves and vandals?