The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yey. Soccer <s>Footbal</s> season is here again!

Well. Here we go again. The Premiership kicks off this weekend. Fans all over the country are gearing up to get really annoyed weith their team on a week to week basis. Plans will be made, matches attended, goals scored and hearts broken in almost equal measure.

Me? I'm not a major fan. I nominally support two teams: Man Utd, and FC Utd. But I don't attend matches or anything. Most of my mates are into football to a lesser or greater degree, and we often end up in pubs, watching the big screen, so I always end up getting drawn into the tales and gossip and transfer rumours etc. Every season, by the time we get close to the finals, I have developed an interest and then bang the season's over...and I always think, next season I'm following it from the start.

This time I have remembered yey.

Already Newcastle have had an injury scare (Goalie is out for first two matches), so that's at least one very nervous friend I have:P Since the Toons are playing my old hometown (Bolton) on Saturday, I shall be taking close note *grins*.

Anyone in here folllowing the season? Who's your team? Which team do you consider your most serious (bitter) rival, and why?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote