Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 02-25-2003, 11:17 AM   #1
Chris MC
IT'S IN THE TREES! ... IT'S COMING! ...

Location: I moved down to Southampton on the central South Coast in 1967
Strange goings on in my Mothers livingroom

My mother took this digital picture of my Nephew 5, (you can just see his hand at the bottom) hiding behind a curtain ... it would have been quite a boring picture had not the orbs appeared ... quite pretty but Christmas had come and gone
Attached Images

"It doesn't involve going to the theater."
"In my experience, Mr. Grissom, some men go to the theater ... some men are the theater."
-- Lady Heather and Gil Grissom (Slaves of Las Vegas)

Last edited by Chris MC; 02-25-2003 at 02:18 PM.
Chris MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Cute pic. Unfortunate draperies.

Incidentally, you could have edited your original posting, rather than posting the image twice. For folks who are using dialup connections that's a LOT of image to download.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Chris, I can't tell you how relieved I am that the subject matter of this photo was a departure from what you usually post. Before I clicked on the link to open it I was somewhat afraid of what would be here!
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:22 PM   #4
Chris MC

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas
Chris, I can't tell you how relieved I am that the subject matter of this photo was a departure from what you usually post. Before I clicked on the link to open it I was somewhat afraid of what would be here!

Yes ... well ... quite
"In my experience, Mr. Grissom, some men go to the theater ... some men are the theater."
Old 02-26-2003, 12:36 AM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Meant to ask before ... is that schmutz on your lens or reflections from flash off a dust storm in your residence? (not criticizing, it's just an effect, that if you could recreate it intentionally might give kind of an interesting dreamy aspect to the image ...)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 02-26-2003, 04:34 AM   #6
Chris MC

Erm ... those where the strange goings on I was talking about, as there was nothing there when the picture was taken. Nothin' strange in my Nephew hiding behind a curtain ... he does it all the time ... the little terror <giggle>

Oh and he likes to go hunting monsters ... under beds usually
Old 02-26-2003, 01:49 PM   #7
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

Paranormal researchers, the good ones, will point out that digital cameras will produce orbs as some kind of digital byproduct. If you took the picture with a film camera [photgraphic emulsion], you wouldn't see them.

My camera has produced random black objects in the sky in some pictures, one of them looked disturbingly like a small mandlebrot set! I can assure you, there was nothing in the sky, and nothing on the lens.

If you want to have real fun, take two pictures of the same room in the same spot, one with you in the photo, and one not. Then us Photoshop or Gimp and set the images to 50% transparancy and overlay them. Instant ghost!
Uryoces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #8
Chris MC

I was waiting for someone to bring up the ghost thing, (I don't believe orbs are the spirits of the dead either) but an awful lot of people do. I had to surf the net to find out, and, as it happened I found an explanation on a site looking at Psychical Research who had in turn gone to the camera manufactuers for an explanation, and yes, digital cameras do this type of image quite well, especially in low light conditions where the imaging chip can't cope.

I do believe in the supernatual but not what it is.

Chris.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #9
linknoid
Superior Inhabitant

I got some of those round whitish artifacts on some pictures I took in low light conditions. The pictures were very dark and I had to boost the contrast way up just to see any details, and the spots showed up. I didn't think it was that big a deal other than messing up the picture a bit, just some annoying artifacts.
linknoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #10
perth
Strong Silent Type

i read somewhere that a plain ole slr camera will do the same thing when theres enough dust in the air and the picture is taken using a flash.

although, this site seems to indicate that it cant be done using an slr, so i may be wrong. ill try it out if i can find my slr. because god knows theres enough dust around my house.

~james
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:35 PM   #11
perth
Strong Silent Type

same site linked above, some of these pictures are a riot. i especially like this one.

~james
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:30 PM   #12
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

It could be a processing issue...or premature exposure of the film to light.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 12:35 AM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have a friend who does lectures on an assortment of new age spiritual topics, including ghost hunting. As part of that particular class she takes people to a cemetary to try to take ghost pics. I've not seen any of them, but apparently they get a lot of very "interesting" images back from the developer.

Old 02-27-2003, 12:54 AM   #14
Drydock
Lead Subordinate

Rods on your cones.

What is the latest on those "Rods" that were showing up in various pictures for awhile there? i only know that they were said to move super fast and that they were mostly spiral shaped, but i haven't heard more about them lately.
Drydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 06:09 AM   #15
Chris MC

I remember the rods too, couldn't they go through solid objects as well? Yeah, seems to have gone all quiet don't it? (hate it when that happens) A bit like (SHC) Spontaineous Human Combustion, you don't hear much about that now either.

Chris.