The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 03-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
finding_nirvana
Sibling of the Commonweal

May someone answer me a question

I may deny that my parents are good, and some of the things that they do are not good, but they are good parents, and I must come to realize that fact. But, if my parents are so good, why am I so sexually corrupt, if someone would please help me find the truth, I may come closer to finding what I'm looking for.
finding_nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

so sexually corrupt

Define, please. If you mean "I have had pre-marital sex," that is very different from "I'm a pedophile."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:05 PM   #3
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by finding_nirvana
I may deny that my parents are good, and some of the things that they do are not good, but they are good parents, and I must come to realize that fact. But, if my parents are so good, why am I so sexually corrupt, if someone would please help me find the truth, I may come closer to finding what I'm looking for.
Is that the only thing about yourself that's troubling or is that just the most troubling? Not everything about you is a function of your upbringing. Some things we have to take our own responsibility for and other things just are the way they are. Being bothered by something about yourself is a good first step to changing it so I'd say you are on the right track. Without more detail, the only thing I can think of right now is to find an online support group for whatever it is that's bothering you. Is there anyone you can speak with in confidence? Someone at church or school or a cool aunt or uncle?

Good luck with it.

Are you in any kind of trouble or have you done something that might land you in trouble?
Old 03-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i believe that some people are just born gay. it doesnt mean there's something wrong with your parents. it's more likely mother nature's method of population control. be you.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
mrnoodle
bent

unless it causes injury to someone else or is otherwise against the law. what are you trying to work through? no one here knows you personally, just have out with it.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #6
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

This is the second post I've seen where you refer to yourself as "sexually corrupt".

Corruption depends entirely on the society in which you have been raised and the one in which you find yourself now.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote