The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #31
JBKlyde
Banned

watch the Christian Television Network...
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
Ibby
erika

Not if you paid me. They're not only wrong, they're insane.
I'm asking YOU, JBK. What do you think Obama could be doing more to fight Islamic extremism? He's been more aggressive than Bush, in some ways. Drone strikes, the OBL raid, increased sanctions on Iran, cooled relationships with Pakistan...
The only thing Obama HASN'T done, that he could have, to try to fight extremism in the Muslim world, is to actively work against democratization and revolution in the Middle East during the Arab Spring. Yes, letting them pick their own governments, instead of again propping up unpopular repressive dictatorships in the region as we have been for generations, might mean that Islamist factions with popular support have an opportunity to gain elected office.
that. is. their. RIGHT. their right as human beings. If they can't be allowed to elect the Muslim Brotherhood, we can't be allowed to elect Bachmann, or Paul, or Santorum, or even Romney. Human rights are human rights.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #33
JBKlyde
Banned

I dunno you make a good point but ctn is not insane.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #34
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ok, maybe not insane. But definitely wrong on a lot of things.

I'd listen to them on matters of christian faith. But the key expertise needed to comment on politics and economics is not bible-based.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #35
JBKlyde
Banned

I'm just being a nusence trying to stir things up.. soory BracoB I'm just hacking on
you.......
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #36
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Ok, maybe not insane. But definitely wrong on a lot of things.

I'd listen to them on matters of christian faith. But the key expertise needed to keep mascara from running all down your face is what's needed.

FIFY
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKlyde View Post
I dunno you make a good point but ctn is not insane.
Then why did they advocate the death of 5000 American servicemen to no purpose in Mission Accomplished?

Why would a religioius organization advocate the unilateral attack of another nation? Why is a religious organization involved in politics and advocating war? That is called sane?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #38
JBKlyde
Banned

There's more than one way to skin a cat and I'm sure if we had all the facts it would pan out... why dose a man "Iran's Leader" claim that if Israel is wiped off the map then there Messiah will return?? there's two side's to every coin. Let's just be glad we are not being beheaded for what we believe.

Last edited by JBKlyde; 10-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #39
tw

Quote:
why dose a man "Iran's Leader" claim that if Israel is wiped off the map then there Messiah will return??
If we went to war over every silly extremist proclamation, then we would even had to invade South Africa.

Facts are simple. Religious leaders advocated unilateral attacks on Iraq even when no threat existed. Honest religious leaders do not preach politics and war. Those who do pine for the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition. And probably do not even realize it. "Key expertise needed to comment on politics and economics is not bible-based."
Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #40
Ibby
erika

Quote:
There's more than one way to skin a cat and I'm sure if we had all the facts it would pan out... why dose a man "Iran's Leader" claim that if Israel is wiped off the map then there Messiah will return?? there's two side's to every coin. Let's just be glad we are not being beheaded for what we believe.
There is no such belief. There is no 'messiah' in their faith. Your nutjob tv network is misleading you again.

edit: well, there is a sort-of messianic figure in Islam, but not one that has anything to do with blowing up Israel. Their messiah-figure is a harbinger of the end times and stuff.

Last edited by Ibby; 10-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #41
JBKlyde
Banned

We were mislead by government to go to war in Iraq under the false pretensions of weapons of mass destruction... and now we are in an arms race with Iran because they are enriching uraniem... "when it breaks down it's a ran-dumb selection"... The fire will test the quality of each mans work if what he builds survives he will get his reward if not he will only suffer loss he himself will be saved but only as one "escaping" through the flames...

Last edited by JBKlyde; 10-14-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #42
tw

Quote:
We were mislead by government to go to war in Iraq under the false pretensions of weapons of mass destruction... and now we are in an arms race with Iran because they are enriching uraniem...
That is painting with a broad brush. Government did not invent the mythical WMDs. George Jr's extremists did that. The rest of government was confused where those mythical WMDs came from. Some parts of government even proved to us, with numbers, that the accucastions were only myths.

We said we would unilaterally Pearl Harbor Iraq, Iran, and N Korea. The "Axis of Evil". Any good religion would have said we were the evil ones. We attacked Iraq for no reason by inventing lies. Any Iranian or North Korean would be bonckers to not desperately need WMDs.

Let's not forget history. A nation threatens to attack others for no reason. Then invades the first one. Name one good reason why Iran and N Korea does not need nuclear weapons?

That is not a rhetorical question. If a Christian Network was being honest, then their answer is desireable here. What did they say justified a war that they approved of?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #43
JBKlyde
Banned

If I gave you a revolver with one bullet in it, there is a 1 in 6 chance you would blow your brains out with it on the first pull. If there were 2 bullets in it a 2 in 6 chance, if 3 a 3 in 6 chance, if 4 a 4 in 6 chance, if 5 then 5 in 6, if 6 Boom your dead. IF I gave you this revolver and you promised not to ever use it except in-case of emergency and we agreed you'd keep it out of the way of children then hey I don't have a problem with you having the gun. So one day I find you out in the back yard shooting at cans. Then I see the can has the star of David on it. ANd I say hey why do they have the star of David on it?? And you say I just don't like David, and I say why and you say because he is my arch enemy. Then we go in to your house and there are paintings of swastikas and I discover you really hate David. And when I try to stand up for Dave you start burning the American flag. Then they tell me you are going to Kill David and his family because he believes in Jesus Christ. Then I realize you are a madman with my gun. Now I want my Gun back and you say no. So I wrestle you to the ground to get my gun back and you get shot in the head. Now your friends get mad and say I murdered you and you take me to court. Who's fault is your death Mine or Yours?? Don't ask me because I don't own a Gun.

Last edited by JBKlyde; 10-15-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #44
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled religious argument for this Moment of Levity©

Quote:
If I gave you a revolver with one bullet in it, there is a 1 in 6 chance you would blow your brains out with it on the first pull. If there were 2 bullets in it a 2 in 6 chance, if 3 a 3 in 6 chance, if 4 a 4 in 6 chance, if 5 then 5 in 6, if 6 Boom your dead. IF I gave you this revolver and you promised not to ever use it except in-case of emergency and we agreed you'd keep it out of the way of children then hey I don't have a problem with you having the gun. So one day I find you out in the back yard shooting at cans. Then I see the can has the star of David on it. ANd I say hey why do they have the star of David on it?? And you say I just don't like David, and I say why and you say because he is my arch enemy. Then we go in to your house and there are paintings of swastikas and I discover you really hate David. And when I try to stand up for Dave you start burning the American flag. Then they tell me you are going to Kill David and his family because he believes in Jesus Christ. Then I realize you are a madman with my gun. Now I want my Gun back and you say no. So I wrestle you to the ground to get my gun back and you get shot in the head. Now your friends get mad and say I murdered you and you take me to court. Who's fault is your death Mine or Yours?? Don't ask me because I don't own a Gun.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
JBKlyde
Banned

http://www.infowars.com/new-threats-...oses-election/

and that's what I call the down fall of American Civilization.. "vote for me or die"?? That's the message I am receiving... don't get me wrong I'm sure he's a great guy.. but he's just not getting the job done..