Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Is it leather Bri? Pay more for leather, it's worth it.
My ex has a leather sofa. He seems to like it - this one isn't leather but it's really big (and purty, too - looks like it belongs in a bordello!)

Why do you like leather? don't you tend to slide off?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #17
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Compared to prescription glasses, or even sunglasses, sofas are cheap - for what you get.
Yeah, clear vision isn't worth much. Used glasses work just as well as used sofas do. If you don't have a sofa, you can sit on the floor, if you don't have glasses, you can drive into something you don't see or get somebody else to read things for you. [/all defensive and shit]

BTW, you *can* get inexpensive brand new glasses that will give you clear vision.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #18
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
My ex has a leather sofa. He seems to like it - this one isn't leather but it's really big (and purty, too - looks like it belongs in a bordello!)

Why do you like leather? don't you tend to slide off?
My bro and sis-in-law's leather couch (you say sofa I say couch, let's call the whole thing off---compromise...the DAVENPORT!) is wonderful. I thought it would be slidy but it's not.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #19
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Yeah, clear vision isn't worth much. Used glasses work just as well as used sofas do. If you don't have a sofa, you can sit on the floor, if you don't have glasses, you can drive into something you don't see or get somebody else to read things for you. [/all defensive and shit]

BTW, you *can* get inexpensive brand new glasses that will give you clear vision.
They're not too expensive for what they do, but for what they are - two little pieces of plastic with some wire to attach them to your face.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #20
Shawnee123

I'm still buying 20 dollar reading glasses. I'm far-sighted...I can read a billboard at 10 miles...but it's the up close stuff that I need glasses for.

If I ever get back up from paying for my teeth, I would like some real glasses. Spexx, I'll be consulting you!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #21
Spexxvet

Quote:
They're not too expensive for what they do, but for what they are - two little pieces of plastic with some wire to attach them to your face.
Like saying a tire is a wad of rubber that you slip on a rim, or that Jack Daniels is just some mashed corn that's been cooked for awhile.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #22
Shawnee123

heheheehee...he said "wad."
Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #23
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I'm still buying 20 dollar reading glasses. I'm far-sighted...I can read a billboard at 10 miles...but it's the up close stuff that I need glasses for.

If I ever get back up from paying for my teeth, I would like some real glasses. Spexx, I'll be consulting you!
As long as you're getting regular check-ups, and "readers" are working for you, stick with them.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #24
Shawnee123

I'm not getting regular eye exams. I had a free cursory one here at work last year and they said my magnification was right for me. In HS I had an eye exam and the doc asked me if I could read the printing on the edge of the doorknob, my far vision is so good.

With my job it would be best for me to have glasses designed for me. I think there was a mention of a slight astigmatism, some years ago, but I don't really know what that means.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #25
glatt

Quote:
I got my glasses the last two times at eyebuydirect.com. They were around $20-$30 with shipping. They work perfectly.

There's this thing where if something doesn't cost a lot, people think it is low quality. That's not rational thinking.

I get eye exams each year, and buy my contacts from 1-800-contacts, and my glasses from the web. To buy either from an eye doctor seems to be doing it wrong. Your doctor sends you to a pharmacy to get a drug prescription. Why should it be different with glasses/contacts?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #26
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post

I am far sighted too. The optometrist comments on how good my far vision is. I have bought RX glasses but I see no difference between the over the counter readers and them, in fact I prefer my readers.

Oh except for that one pair of prescription glasses with the tinted and small frames. It is perplexing where I could have lost those. I replaced them with a dorky pair I use just for reading books in bed. lol I use my over the counter readers for the pc screen and everything else like recipes.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #27
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I got my glasses the last two times at eyebuydirect.com. They were around $20-$30 with shipping. They work perfectly.
Seconding eyebuydirect.com. I now own 5 pairs of glasses so I can change them to match my mood. And I got prescription sunglasses. And a "spare" for my husband, who likes to lose his.

ETA: I think I also have a couple of 5% off coupons lying around; if anyone's interested I can go look for 'em.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #28
Spexxvet

I think I'm going to buy my next suit on line.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #29
glatt

If you have a trusted tailor measure you and then send the measurements off to the on-line suit maker, why not?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #30
Shawnee123

But remember that they only measure your inseam like they do...IN PRISON!