The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 09-30-2014, 04:47 AM   #1336
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_winslow View Post
How do we feel about Thai food? I just had some leftover crab fried rice and pad thai, my two favorites. Anyone have recommendations for other Thai dishes?
I'm not over keen on Thai food. Too much seafood for my liking. :p But I love Chinese food.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #1337
glatt

Buster, that looks delicious. I haven't had a steak in years.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #1338
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
snip--
I haven't had a steak in years.
WTF?
Old 09-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #1339
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Never thought I'd say this to Glatt, but...

Please turn in your Man card.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #1340
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb View Post
Wreckage of a large grilled T-Bone and tater.
Heh, wreckage.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:35 AM   #1341
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I'm not over keen on Thai food. Too much seafood for my liking. :p But I love Chinese food.
I don't do thai often, myself. I find a little bit goes a long way, and I only know a few dishes. I live in fear of accidentally ordering a coconut-heavy curried something, because I don't care for coconut or coconut milk in 99% of things I've tried (the remaining 1% that I do like is mostly made up of fresh coconut and fresh coconut milk, and even those only maybe once a year. Also pina coladas, okay.) But there are like 80 thai places in my small town for some reason, so I give them a crack every so often, but I generally stick to ordering pad thai and crab fried rice. Chicken satay is also pretty great stuff, and wins bonus points for being food on a stick. Hard to go wrong with food on a stick.
sad_winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:35 AM   #1342
DanaC

Oh yeah, that's the other problem for me with Thai food - I is allergic to peanut:P

There are some Thai dishes I enjoy - but I am never sure what to get.

I quite like the bufet style restaurants thathave a mix of Chinese and Thai foods, that way i can have a little bit of the Thai stuff that I like.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #1343
busterb
NSABFD

My go to grill for one or 2 people. I think it's called a sportsman's grill. @ Glatt. At around 30 bucks for 2, will be awhile before I have anymore.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #1344
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Breaded, fried venison tenderloin, and field peas & snaps.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #1345
DanaC

God, that sounds gorgeous.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #1346
bbro
Insert witty comment here

It's been a while, so I thought I would treat you to two wonderful dinners

The first is Chicken Florentine with Israeli cous cous, veggies and spinach patties made with leftover Florentine "breading"

Second is Jalapeno Popper Chicken with zucchini and potato cakes.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #1347
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Living high on the hog, bbro.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #1348
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Heh - it's funny you say that. I just decided I was going to buy a pork butt to cook this weekend
Old 10-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #1349
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Today I made a sandwich. I didn't take a picture because it didn't look like much, but it was amazing. I share:

Hot coppa, serrano ham, anchovy filets, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a dash of black pepper, on day-old baguette that I stuck in the toaster oven just long enough to soften up the bread and sweat the meat a little.

It was meaty, pungent, tangy, salty, crusty, chewy, and a dash of spicy. Like the archetype of "savory" just crawled up and had a party in my face. Utterly loved it, would recommend 10/10. Surprisingly cheap for the quality in it, too.

After I ate the sandwich, I was found dead in the kitchen (of sodium-induced hypertension), sporting a gloriously rich and dark mustache on my face that nobody had ever seen before. At the funeral, guests came for miles to caress and sigh at its glory before it was shut away forever in my tomb. The bravest menfolk dared to dream that one day they could wear such a glorious device upon their lips; the ladyfolk hoped through their tears that the menfolk would never try, on account that none of them could match the face-shrubbery lost to the world so quickly after it birth. Children whimpered (though they did not understand why) and looked at the weak upper lips of their fathers, growing older than their years in the blink of an eye, their innocence shattered; the pieces were forged into dreams and rebuilt into purpose and meaning to do better.

And somewhere far away (yet closer than our fragile minds can conceive) there is a deeply cowled figure standing tall amidst the fogs of time, a figure wrapped in a shadowy robe the color of an infinite midnight and who clutches a tall, wickedly gleaming scythe, wearing a face frozen in the eternal rictus of a skull... an immortal grin that is shrouded by a gloriously rich and dark mustache. The figure silently takes you by the hand, as it did me, and leads you Elsewhere.
sad_winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:53 AM   #1350
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Children whimpered (though they did not understand why) and looked at the weak upper lips of their fathers, growing older than their years in the blink of an eye,
OMG I can't stop laughing.

Thank you Winslow. I did not know I needed this this morning, but I did.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote