The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Cloud

How clean do you keep your car?

Washing my car is NOT high on my list of priorities. Actually, cleaning anything isn't very far up there! I tend to pick up my mail and dump all my junk mail in my car for later disposal (hey, at least it's not cluttering up my house that way.) Plus . . . I eat in my car sometimes. About every 3 months I run it through the washing machine or vacuum it out. So . . . not very clean!

But I see loads of people (usually young men) lovingly wiping down their cars on the weekend. Just wondered -- how clean is YOUR vehicle?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Juniper
I know, right?

Not too clean, but not too disgusting either. Kids and I spend a LOT of time in the car, and yes, we eat in it sometimes. Which reminds me, I left a plate in there yesterday . . . oops.

Drives my husband nuts, because he likes to keep his car spotless. I tell him, hey, just stay out of my car. We have three, and I only mess up one.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
Nirvana
Back in 10

I am not a neat freak, I repeat ... but my DH is a hoarder and he fills his truck and tries to fill my car and I have let him do that in the past but after putting my foot in a pie... no no no never again. He can drive a rolling dumpster but not me. I want to be able to use the sun visor in my car and see out the windshield and have a back seat I can see and use to haul home my treasures like groceries and stuff....
Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I have a demo, so my car stays clean at all times. I have my personal effects in a small tote....car charger, ez pass, gun, bag of weed, etc..... so that if someone wants to use it, I can just take the bag out.

I'll let jinx answer about her car.....if she chooses to.

damn weiner kids.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
glatt

The car is pretty neat. We don't leave any trash in the car. But if you mean how ofter we use soap and water or other cleaning products on the car and get the vacuum out, then it's about once a year. The floor wells do get some leaf debris in them this time of year when it's raining out and you track them in. If there's a big leaf, I'll pick it up and drop it outside. And there are a lot of crumbs under my son's booster seat.

It's clean enough that I wouldn't be embarrassed to give company a ride somewhere in it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
jinx
Come on, cat.

My car has a lot of sand and leaves in it right now, and a lot of mud on the outside. I keep the front area pretty tidy but the children and disgusting pigdogs.
Every evening when we get home I say "Get all your god damn shit out of the f'ing car" and they act like they're doing it but they don't. They have whole dvd collections and books and magazines and game chips and gum wrappers stuffed everywhere. I can't wait until they get their own cars or start buying me detailing gift certs.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Every evening when we get home I say "Get all your god damn shit out of the f'ing car" and they act like they're doing it but they don't. They have whole dvd collections and books and magazines and game chips and gum wrappers stuffed everywhere. I can't wait until they get their own cars or start buying me detailing gift certs.
You are not alone.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Inside - about once every two months I collect the crap and throw it away.
Outside - I never clean it.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
Tulip
Professor

Not very, but not very dirty either. Would be cleaner except my brother borrows it sometimes and he'd leave trash behind. I only have the outside washed several times a year. :p Hehe...but really, it's not that dirty. (Hmmm....where's that smilie with a halo? )
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

My dogs play King of the Mountain on my car so it always has muddy paw prints on it. It gets run through the detail shop about four times a year. About as often as I get the oil changed.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Car dirt? The Lord giveth and the lord taketh away.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:25 AM   #12
Griff
still says videotape

I found some third world kids and a couple pigs rooting around in my car...
Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

lol @ pigdogs

There are leaves on the floor most times and I find vacuums are useless in getting the floorboards.

I try to keep it neat. I try to keep the paint in good shape. It was glossy black when I bought it. Someone had taken really good care of it previously. I was so thankful they didn't try to sell me a mafia boat looking thing I try to baby it as much as I can.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #14
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Manfred gets rained on occasionally. Like yesterday, which he got rained on a lot, and then it was windy, so he should have dried off without any nasty water spots or anything like that. Nice thing about rain is that you get to clean the undercarriage, too.

Interior, I do wipe the windshield when I can't see through it anymore. I don't smoke in the car, so I don't have to do it as often as I used to. I ran out of space in the trunk, so there are a couple things in the back seat ... tent, sleeping pad, pillow. Oh, and my friend's tupperware that I have to return. That kind of thing. And some padded-top legal pads for work. I buy my own. The perf-top ones the nuthouse buys don't fit on my personal clipboard. I don't have my own desk, but I have my own clipboard. And my own pens. Their pens are too cheap and write crappy. Last night I'm sure the new ambulance guy took my pen and won't give it back. Yes, I know. I'm like the red Swingline stapler guy, except that I speak more clearly. And there's probably some books Tester-San gave me that I haven't had time to bring into the house, but I think they're in the footwell under the sleeping pad, so I don't see them. Out of sight, out of mind.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
lookout123
changed his status to single

My focus is trashed 3 out of 4 weeks thanks to the damn kids. The FJ is generally about as clean as an FJ should be.