The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-11-2004, 09:09 AM   #16
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

5'7" - 215 lbs. (Down from 255 at the start of the year and counting). I've been working out a lot lately and have been getting very muscular, especially in the upper body. I'm still working on the gut, but it's gone down a lot this year. I've lost 6 inches in the waist. I've worked out more this year than in the 10 previous years combined.

I'll get down to about 165-170 but my bone structure is large. I doubt I could go down further than that even if I changed from 2 hour workouts each day to 4 hour ones. I've lost 30 lbs just since my wedding so I look different than my wedding pics.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:10 AM   #17
perth
Strong Silent Type

6'0" 220 lbs, down from 250. I've still got a bit of the pony keg, but hopefully it'll be a six-pack (or a reasonable facsimile) by the end of the year.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:13 AM   #18
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
5'7" - 215 lbs. (Down from 255 at the start of the year and counting). I've been working out a lot lately and have been getting very muscular, especially in the upper body. I'm still working on the gut, but it's gone down a lot this year. I've lost 6 inches in the waist. I've worked out more this year than in the 10 previous years combined.
Congratulations on that, Radar. Weren't you on the Atkins diet? Still on it? And out of curiousity, did you experience any hair loss on that diet? I have a few male friends who tried it and found their hairlines receding at a somewhat quickened pace...
Old 08-11-2004, 09:35 AM   #19
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I'm male, 6' 2" and 205 (this morning). I could stand to lose ten, but no more.

I have no idea what I bench anymore, it's been a LONG time since I saw the inside of a weight room. My preferred means of exercise is swimming, 16 laps at a time is good for me. I could guess that I bench around 120, more if it's just one rep, but I'm out of shape too. I ustacould bench 200. In my prime. I'm never again going to see a six-pack, but I'll be happy with a loss of the love handles.

Brian
Old 08-11-2004, 09:44 AM   #20
AlphaRaptor
Kid Genius

Im 14 y/o. 6'1" about 140 pounds. kinda slim, very athletic.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:04 AM   #21
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Perth: Actually yes, I still am on Atkins, though I've slipped a few times when I suddenly found beer and pizza in my belly on the 4th of July.

But I just get back on the horse when this happens. I haven't noticed any increased hair loss, though some people do. I think the Atkins and the exercise are balancing each other as far as the testosterone levels are concerned. The exercise increases it, and the Atkins decreases it so my hairline is receding at normal levels.

Apparantly stomach fat is the most stubborn and the last to go, so hopefully once I pass the 200 lb barrier, I'll start looking a lot better. On the day I weigh in under 200, I'm going to celebrate and I'll plan a sky diving trip. I've been wanting to do it again for years and there's a 200 lb limit.

It's encouraging to see the belt getting smaller, and noticing my shoulders, chest, and arms getting bigger and more cut. I think my wife will be very happy when we get together again.

I just got some good news bad news... I was originally hired as a contractor at Boeing for 2 months to replace a guy who had gone on a leave of absense. That was a year ago. He now has asked to be laid off and since we do the same job, the company will lay me off also. But my boss says she will bring me back a week or two later. Normally this would suck because I'll be without an income for a couple of weeks, but I have been thinking about trying to visit my wife. And all this will be happening in the beginning of October, which will be perfect because ticket prices are cheap that time of year. I can probably get a roundtrip ticket for $700.

I'll be so happy to see her. But it will be very very hard to get back on the plane without her. I really miss her a lot though and everything seems to be falling into place for me to see her.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #22
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

5'6"; 165-170 pounds; BMI approximately 27

For a 34 year old college student/IT technician that's not too terribly bad.

The farthest I walk every day is to get my coffee in the morning...
Old 08-11-2004, 10:17 AM   #23
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Apparantly stomach fat is the most stubborn and the last to go, so hopefully once I pass the 200 lb barrier, I'll start looking a lot better.
I've found that too. Seems like I've lost weight everywhere except around the middle. Since that's the most obvious spot, it's sometimes hard to stay motivated. But then I think to myself "What would Kate Beckinsale think of this gut?" and then I do 100 crunches.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:29 AM   #24
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Right now I'm doing 240 crunches per day. Four sets of 30 regular style, and Four sets of 30 with about 100 lbs of weight on a crunch machine. Although as these get easier, I'll increase the number of reps per set. Kate Beckinsale is very hot. I think it would be funny if she was turned on by short, fat, balding men without jobs. Every once in awhile you see super hot chicks with ugly dudes, that aren't rich and you wonder...hmmmm does he have a 12 inch personality or is she just turned on by that type. I've seen young, good-looking people who are turned on by morbidly obese people so I suppose anything is possible.

I remember an episode of Seinfeld where Marisa Tomei was turned on by Jason Alexander and I thought, "Hey, it could happen."

What motivates me and helps me make it through temptation is looking at how much work I've done thus far and the results I've gotten. Also the idea that I will surprise my wife and my in-laws when I visit again.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:05 AM   #25
garnet

Quote:

I remember an episode of Seinfeld where Marisa Tomei was turned on by Jason Alexander and I thought, "Hey, it could happen."
I love that episode--it was on the other night. Congrats on your weight loss! Your workout schedule sounds brutal...keep up the good work! :thumpsup:
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #26
lookout123
changed his status to single

c'mon jinx, you're being too modest. you've been carrying LJ for how many years now?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #27
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

OMG Jinx: 108 LJ: 265

That sounds dangerous!

In my heyday:
bench: 175
squat: 225
deadlift: 265

Now: Weigh almost as much as I used to bench *sigh*
Old 08-11-2004, 12:09 PM   #28
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Radar--I've seen your pix--you've got nothing to apologize for--you are a cutie and your wife knows it, so please, relax--(except good work on the work-out/diet thing)because she married you because she LIKES you!

How novel! I'm pleased as punch for you!
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #29
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 44/100% pure
OMG Jinx: 108 LJ: 265

That sounds dangerous!
don't worry, i'm very graceful.....no, really, i am. for a fatass, anyway.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:48 PM   #30
russotto
Professor

Male, 5'7", circa 150lb.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote