The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #91
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I did give it a chance, and I enjoyed it, but I think that if you've seen one Daffyd sketch, you've seen them all...
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #92
chimmichunga
Soylent Greenhorn

My secret desire you ask (or maybe not) Gary Levox of Rascal Flatt(the lead singer). Oh the sins we would committ. He's just got the right amount of pudge. Ummm pudge........
chimmichunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #93
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Neither am I bothered by a bit of pudge. I sort of like it, too.
Wonder why that is? When i see a guy like the Black Polo dude, or an Adonis Boy complete with six pack, I get panicky. Will he ever let me into the bathroom? Will he forever be looking at himself in the mirror? Will he use more hair gel in one application than I ever did in my entire life? Will he expect me to be as obsessed with the superficial as he? All these things cross my mind and by then, I'm turned off.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #94
chimmichunga
Soylent Greenhorn

Amen, Brianna!

I know the feeling, that oh god I have to always look good or people will give me that "how the hell did you mangage to get him, must have looked better in your younger years" look. I like my men with just the right amount of pudge to them, not dunlap victims, but pleasanlty plumped.

edited because I apparently can't spill

Last edited by chimmichunga; 01-28-2006 at 11:50 AM.
chimmichunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #95
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

What REALLY matters? A quick wit. A ready laugh will forgive most anything, even the pudge!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #96
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Neither am I bothered by a bit of pudge. I sort of like it, too.
Wonder why that is? When i see a guy like the Black Polo dude, or an Adonis Boy complete with six pack, I get panicky. Will he ever let me into the bathroom? Will he forever be looking at himself in the mirror? Will he use more hair gel in one application than I ever did in my entire life? Will he expect me to be as obsessed with the superficial as he? All these things cross my mind and by then, I'm turned off.
Yea, I'm glad you said that. I trust neither gender when they are too perfect. But, once I got a panicky feeling. I had a crazy job at a stupid startup in the city (SF) at the peak of internet silliness 1999. A beautiful 28 yo girl at work starting "chasing" me. One evening at a party, she gently grabbed my arm as if we were together. Right away I felt like a sack of potatoes next to her. I thought people would think I scored a Tropy Wife with my stock option money.

Later she made a poorly disguised attempt to get me home. She said her ride left early and could she get a ride from me (as I saw her ride walk out the front door). I said sure, and volunteered to give a ride to one of the guys. We dropped her off first. She didn't speak with me at work the next day. I soon quit that job and that chapter was over.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #97
monster
I hear them call the tide

more my style
Old 01-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #98
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

In no particular order ...
Steve McQueen
Paul Newman
Harvey Keitel (especially in The Piano )

For clothes, I shop on the internet and at the local charity shop.

I did the make-up thing for seven years when I was "something in the city" because I read that women that wear make-up get paid more and promoted faster. It worked - in seven years my salary increased by 130% and I managed to get a stonking (= really good) redundancy deal, too! So now I don't have to wear make-up any more

Last edited by limey; 01-28-2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: (to close bracket ....... )
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #99
Gwennie!
Not Female at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
So now I don't have to wear make-up any more
Now you can do it just for fun, special events. To be showy sometimes.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #100
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

ah, limey! You're living the life! I wish I lived on an island off the south-west coast of Scotland and I wish I lived in your adorable house! Complete with red front door, if i'm not mistaken. i imagine you puttering about in your garden, enjoying peat fires and wearing the best wool sweaters! Am I far off wrong?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #101
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

oh, yeah, I forgot to say to monster:

um. You apparently like the Lord of Darkness. Did you know that? Or, did you think that was Al? Cause I'm pretty sure that's Lucifer. The Dark Angel. Beelzebub. The Morning Star. Satan. The Dark Prince. The Father of Lies. Little Nicky. The Great Serpent. The Deceiver. The, you know, DEVIL!

Comprende?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #102
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Black front door. Crap at gardening. Still waiting for Norrie to build the fireplace. Knit the sweaters.
The sunset as I drove home from work this evening was fantastic - so amazing I had to drive at 20mph in order to keep looking at it and not drive off the road. Fortunately I only met the bus and Clarkie going home from his work, as usual, in the 14 mile journey ... wearing all that slap was worth it!
Old 01-28-2006, 08:41 PM   #103
monster

Quote:
oh, yeah, I forgot to say to monster:

um. You apparently like the Lord of Darkness. Did you know that? Or, did you think that was Al? Cause I'm pretty sure that's Lucifer. The Dark Angel. Beelzebub. The Morning Star. Satan. The Dark Prince. The Father of Lies. Little Nicky. The Great Serpent. The Deceiver. The, you know, DEVIL!

Comprende?
Is there a problem here?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #104
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
Is there a problem here?
Not at all! I hear he's a great lay!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Old 01-29-2006, 12:14 AM   #105
monster

Quote:
Not at all! I hear he's a great lay!

awesome!

....he looks like my hubby too. "The Undertaker" looks even more like my other half, but I prefer Alan's accent )