The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

That refers to items that you would need to sustain you for 5 days. Water, food, generator fuel, batteries.......
Old 10-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Well, if that covers Ibby, you forgot to mention cheese and weed.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
That refers to items that you would need to sustain you for 5 days. Water, food, generator fuel, batteries.......
I note that humor is the first casualty in a crisis.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #19
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Well, if that covers Ibby, you forgot to mention cheese and weed.
OH SHIT
THAT REMINDS ME
THANK YOU ZEN
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I hope you all stay safe. Looks nasty.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I wonder how much it would fuck up my life if this thing hurt my house in any way right now. Or the new house, that would not really work for me either. Two days before I make the big payment and take the keys, that would really fuck things up.

The path is right over us now @ 40-75MPH (120 kph) winds. I don't think I've ever experienced above 50. Right now, 22% chance it comes in as a hurricane, above 75 MPH. 3% chance above 95 MPH.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #22
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I wonder how much it would fuck up my life if this thing hurt my house in any way right now. Or the new house, that would not really work for me either. Two days before I make the big payment and take the keys, that would really fuck things up.

The path is right over us now @ 40-75MPH (120 kph) winds. I don't think I've ever experienced above 50. Right now, 22% chance it comes in as a hurricane, above 75 MPH. 3% chance above 95 MPH.
Your bigger issue might be the creek flooding. Sandy's bringing loads of rain.

They've taken down some of the billboards lining Walt Whitman Bridge, leaving only the metal skeletons. I'll try to get pix on my way home.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #23
glatt

I was checking the track of this storm, especially the wind speed chart. And it's just ridiculous. It's chugging along, causing no problems, and then it makes a sharp turn right into the Philly area, directly over your hood.

But it's so huge. I read a thing somewhere that hurricane force winds are being measured 400 miles from the center. If it's symetrical, that means this storm is 800 miles wide. No matter where it hits, it's gonna get the entire East coast.

I'm about to head outside to take down all the halloween decorations and my garden stuff, bring in the lawn chairs, and tie the garbage cans to the fence. Then we're going camping. Coming home just in time to ride out the storm. Gotta remember to move the cars away from the trees.

I hope you fare well, UT.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #24
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I'm about to head outside to take down all the halloween decorations and my garden stuff, bring in the lawn chairs, and tie the garbage cans to the fence.
My plans for later today
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #25
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Yes, everybody in Philly and over by the coast - stock up, stay safe. Further inland we may get tons of rain or snow but not the brunt of winds and flooding.

Sending good wishes to everyone on the coast to hang onto your hats and ride this thing out ...
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #26
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
... Then we're going camping....
Please anticipate the unexpected:

• early arrival of flooding

• early arrival of wind

• early arrival of babies

and other such stuff as nature is made of

Have a good time, but play safe.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #27
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Yeah, we're supposed to get slammed between snow and hurricane remnants= NOTHING like New jersey, PA, MD, etc. are supposed to get but I SWEAR TO THOR (not monster's son, the OTHER Thor- Jimhelm) that if my power goes out ONE MORE FUCKING TIME I AM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND. for the past two years my power has gone out - MY STREET ONLY - every six months and it's taken WEEKS for those Mexicans they hire to fix it.
I am SICK OF IT!

Well, at least it isn't 100 degrees. I can deal with the cold. It's the no hot food, a fridge full of spoiled food, no coffee, NO TV DAMMIT and I NEED to watch DEXTER!

Ok. I'll settle down. Good luck out there. And don't nobody go out in no fishing boat. Even if it IS George Clooney who asks you.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

No Dexter????? Well if you lose power, you can always act out scenes from Dexter.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

That'd be a whole new episode ... Dexter and the Frankenstorm
Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #30
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
No Dexter????? Well if you lose power, you can always act out scenes from Dexter.
with his Viking costume!*

*or at least the hat.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote