The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-07-2003, 08:29 PM   #211
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad

Today I submitted a resume at ITT Tech. It would be a fine way to make enough money, teaching Linux and networking and such.
Well, if you manage to get their attention, please point out my resume to them (I've submitted it to them and they kinda ignored it).

I'd love to teach Java; maybe now that I have my SCJP they might belive I could do it.

Resume link:

http://voicenet.com/~maggie/mslresume.html

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:25 AM   #212
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Might as well put everything in one thread...

Yesterday the other shoe fell for Sharon: her Tucson boyfriend dropped her. He won't be visiting, won't be moving up in December, seems to have decided he prefers minimum wage on the ranch. She fell apart and drove here directly from work in the middle of the day to cry at me. (She said I should start another thread to mock and laugh at her. This is not what this post is.)

I listened patiently as she wailed about what a loser she felt like for being dropped before her divorce was even done. I told her I was a really poor support system in this particular case. I thought about how anyone else would kick her the fuck out. Then I told her she was a beautiful person with a lot to offer to prospective guys, and that she should stay positive, etc.

So, two conclusions: one, I'm completely "over" her, in that I care about what happens to her but it doesn't affect me personally or emotionally. Two, Sharon has little concept how relationships work, and she will probably have a tough time of it for a while.

I woke up to news that my best job opportunity dried up, and I have great concern for my own situation... but none for hers. We will both go through trying times, of different types, before we find what we're looking for. And apparently that's how life works.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:30 AM   #213
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

What goes around, comes around.

I'm glad you're "over" her, and I hope she finds what she's looking for. Somewhere else.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:49 AM   #214
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:

I woke up to news that my best job opportunity dried up, and I have great concern for my own situation... but none for hers. We will both go through trying times, of different types, before we find what we're looking for. And apparently that's how life works.

want me to teach you how to sell cars?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:18 AM   #215
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

This isn't the typical diolog I would have imagined from a couple in process of divorce. That's good though.

On the lighter side, I could prolly get you in at the plant.

Last edited by slang; 11-18-2003 at 11:21 AM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:28 AM   #216
juju
no one of consequence

That really sucks. Without a man to tell her she's great, how will she know she's great?

Perhaps she isn't as rehabilitated as you originally claimed.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #217
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Thanks for the job notions guys but I think even with the best training, I would be the very worst car salesman ever, setting new record lows for sales. (On the other hand if you have an online division I would be the best ever. Hmm.)
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:54 AM   #218
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

toad, you may be the biggest person i've ever virtually met. In your shoes, I think I would have done a touchdown dance, and bounced her right out the door.

either that or you're a really good liar who is inwardly spiking the ball over the goal post!

I' think I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though, considering the high regard these fine folks you have accumulated seem hold you in.

unless......they're all a bunch of really good liars too, and are inwardly resentful of the power you hold over them and are just shining you on..........

nee neee nee neee nee neee nee neee......(twilight zone music)

Old 11-18-2003, 12:06 PM   #219
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
She fell apart and drove here directly from work in the middle of the day to cry at me.
So lemme see if I get this. She sticks a knife between your shoulderblades and leaves you for dead, THEN, when her sorry ass life blows up in her face, she comes to you, tries to pull the knife out of your back so you can better focus on her problems only to discover that its already out (thankyouvurymuch) and healing nicely then she asks you to take the knife out of HER BACK!

GOOD GAWD ALLMIGHTY!!!

I'm real sorry bud, but that is the most pathetic fucking thing I have EVER head of.

BUT, on the bright side, your life is looking up (minor setbacks and challenges notwithstanding) and hers... well who fucking cares about hers (I realize you do but you are a better man than I).

Peace, prosperity and happiness await those with a kind spirit and a wary eye.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #220
dave

I don't think it's quite like that, Beestie.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:25 PM   #221
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
And a running mate named Eggs.
BWHAHAHAHAHA.........*snif*

STILL LMAO.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:26 PM   #222
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Originally posted by dave
Quote:
I don't think it's quite like that, Beestie.
I guess I should just stay out of it then.

The post from which I pulled UT's quote sure hit a hot button with me - I've seen it so many times and its so Fing unfair. I have tried to keep up with this thread but it appears, then, that I missed something.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:36 PM   #223
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Actually Beestie, I can see your reasoning. However, speaking as a non-Philly cellarite I've picked up info in different threads. For instance, the ex in this case was involved in planning the surprise party. Obviously both are trying to stay on good terms.
      I think she took the "still friends" idea to far here. Juju maybe right in that she's not as 'rehabilitated' as she claimed. Doesn't matter though, the fit has already hit the shan. Ut's getting in better shape, mentally and physically, all the time. He's ready to move on.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:38 PM   #224
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Continued good wishes and strength to you, Toad, my man.

Not unlike ThisOleMiss' son, Sharon made her choices and now has to deal with the consequences.

There are plenty of other fish in the virtual dating sea. Eventually she will learn to discriminate between the real and the unreal.

The nuthouse isn't looking for anyone in IT right now (although we could desperately use someone competent. I do NOT trust any MIS guys who don't own a home computer. It's unnatural.) but if you are of a mind to try nutwrangling, do let me know.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:43 PM   #225
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

it's just a matter of interpretation. it could be seen to be like that from these posts.....however, toad wouldn't be with karen if she didn't have any redeeming qualities....looks like there will still be friendship and respect after the divorce (A.D.)

still, i was pissed off the first time i read about it too, beestie. and i'd just like you all to know that im over it now, and feel good about the seperation. ok? ok.
- im such a dick *chuckle*