The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #31
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

After reading the last 100 TheMercenary posts, obvious is that Democrats are finally doing everything right. Don Quixote is now so desperate as to even attack windmills - daily.

First the wackos spent like drunken sailors so as to destroy the American economy. "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Isn't reality a bitch?

Now that stimulus money must target real problems, these same hateful Republican want to stifle all spending and create even more economic destruction using tax cuts. Anything to enrich the rich. Extremists are even attacking windmills.

Good to see that government is finally doing something right. So much hysteria posted by TheMercenary who is routinely quoting Rush Limbaugh. Hysteriacal anti-Americans love the destruction they reaped on America. Anything that might destroy their precious recession must be stopped.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #32
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
Merc...such is life when you are the minority party.

If you dont get an equal voice at the table, you bitch and whine, ignore your own hypocrisy from when you had the power, then spread bullshit like the above and hope it sticks.

IMO, it may play to your base but it is not a winning strategy to attract swing voters in the future.
So you completely accept that the double standards being displayed are status quo and will be the SOP for the next 4 years or more, and that Obama, Pelosi, and Reid lied about any kind of bipartisan solutions. Thanks at least for your honesty in the matter.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #33
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
So you completely accept that the double standards being displayed are status quo and will be the SOP for the next 4 years or more, and that Obama, Pelosi, and Reid lied about any kind of bipartisan solutions.
None of that is true. What is true is your posts read like Rush Limbaugh wrote them. That means little is true and the wacko extremists are in a tizzy trying to blame anyone else for creating our disastrous economy - by spending because "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter". A direct quote from a wacko extremists who spend money as if is were free and expendable.

Three 747s packed nose to tail with pallets of 100 dollar bills flown into Iraq and distributed without any accounting. That is fiscal responsibility from the same Republicans who fear to spend on Americans - and then blame Obama.

No wonder wacko ring wing extremists are so hysterical. They must get us to forget who spend money on things that only create recessions and routinely subverted things that made America productive. "Mission Accomplished".

Always hype hysteria first to blame someone else for American losing jobs. A Rush Limbaugh technique right out of Hitler's playbook. Incite hate in society's least intelligent members.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #34
tw

Spending cut where needed and that so anger extremist Republicans. From the Washingont Post of 13 Feb 2009:
Quote:
The bill, which President Barack Obama is expected to sign into law Monday, limits bonuses of executives at all financial institutions receiving government funds to no more than a third of their total annual compensation. The bonuses must be paid in company stock that can only be redeemed once the government investment has been repaid.
Finally spending cuts are implemented where most needed.

Extremists Republicans enriched themselves and their supporters while reducing American incomes by 2%. Time to cut costs where Republicans don't want spending cuts.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #35
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
After reading the last 100 TheMercenary posts, obvious is that Democrats are finally doing everything right. Don Quixote is now so desperate as to even attack windmills - daily.

First the wackos spent like drunken sailors so as to destroy the American economy. "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Isn't reality a bitch?

Now that stimulus money must target real problems, these same hateful Republican want to stifle all spending and create even more economic destruction using tax cuts. Anything to enrich the rich. Extremists are even attacking windmills.

Good to see that government is finally doing something right. So much hysteria posted by TheMercenary who is routinely quoting Rush Limbaugh. Hysteriacal anti-Americans love the destruction they reaped on America. Anything that might destroy their precious recession must be stopped.
One of my favorite posts ever.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #36
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
So you completely accept that the double standards being displayed are status quo and will be the SOP for the next 4 years or more, and that Obama, Pelosi, and Reid lied about any kind of bipartisan solutions. Thanks at least for your honesty in the matter.
I just want to see the GOP spanked for a few years, out of general mean-ness and misanthropy.
TGRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Could we please have a moment of silence to mourn the death of the Republic of the United States of America?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #38
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Could we please have a moment of silence to mourn the death of the Republic of the United States of America?
A little late, aren't you?
TGRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #39
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Usually, yes.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #40
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
One of my favorite posts ever.
Negro, stop. I can't even read his shit.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #41
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Spending cut where needed and that so anger extremist Republicans. From the Washingont Post of 13 Feb 2009: Finally spending cuts are implemented where most needed.

Extremists Republicans enriched themselves and their supporters while reducing American incomes by 2%. Time to cut costs where Republicans don't want spending cuts.
There are apparently a million holes in that bill.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #42
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
There are apparently a million holes in that bill.
I think it was Otto von Bismarck who once remarked, "Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made."

Having been on the inside myself, I would agree.

The bigger the bill, the more grit in the sausage....but in the end, the results are what counts.

Personally, I dont think this bill was big enough in terms of spending on infrastructure and other short term job creation programs.

But, we'll just have to wait and see....and keep hearing about Pelosi's mouse!

Last edited by Redux; 02-15-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #43
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Having been on the inside myself, I would agree.
....but in the end, the results are what counts.

Personally, I dont think this bill was big enough in terms of spending on infrastructure and other short term job creation programs.
What did you do?

Either way the D's win - If it works its their fix, if it doesn't it was Bush's fault in the first place.

And the less we hear about Pelosi - the better.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #44
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
What did you do?

Either way the D's win - If it works its their fix, if it doesn't it was Bush's fault in the first place.

And the less we hear about Pelosi - the better.
I worked in the Senate for two years (83-84) for Senator Jennings Randolph....long hours and low pay...but what a trip it was!

In the 2010 Congressional elections, the defining issue is very likely to be the success or failure of this stimulus program. I dont think the Bush card will play.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #45
TheMercenary

Quote:
I worked in the Senate for two years (83-84) for Senator Jennings Randolph....long hours and low pay...but what a trip it was!

In the 2010 Congressional elections, the defining issue is very likely to be the success or failure of this stimulus program. I dont think the Bush card will play.
Well you must be a damm expert than!