The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #5041
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I can leg press 265lbs! I don't know what the norm is for women, but that sounds pretty damn impressive to me! That was really the only thing about my pretest in my weight training class that I felt I did well.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #5042
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

sweet. I can bench that much, as it happens
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #5043
morethanpretty

I can only bench press 75lbs, and only able to do 25 push ups.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #5044
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

only 25 pushups!?

ONLY?!

what the hell kind of push ups are you doing.

are you doing them in the pool?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #5045
morethanpretty

I have to do 'em in the girl position, using my knees instead of feet.

Edit: Is it just me, or does that sound reaaaaally dirty?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #5046
Griff
still says videotape

A couple years ago, Lil' Pete's gym teacher had the kids do as many (regular) push ups as they could. Eventually she just asked her to stop. Humiliating the boys in her class was her favorite past-time. I on the other hand can no longer do them without irritating my old wrist injury. I've started fencing lefty so maybe I can build it back over time. My best ever was 65 left-handed... long ago and far away.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #5047
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

My bro used to do pressups one handed; or on his finger tips; or with his hands, but clapping his hands on the rise. Showoff :P

I've always been pathetic at that sort of thing. I think I can manage 5 proper pressups before I collapse in a heap
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #5048
glatt

I could probably do ten, but haven't done one in years. I'd be sore afterward for days.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #5049
DanaC

My main problem with pressups is that I have rubbish joints. My elbows and wrist joints always go when I try.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #5050
DanaC

For some reason, I know not why, I am in a really good mood today. I still have a heap of work to do; and the corresponding guilt attached to not doing it :P But I am still feeling pretty damn groovy.

Maybe it's because my thesis is really starting to take shape. That first chapter is still not to my liking; but the last research trip garnered some really good source material and my supervision meeting on Monday went really well. Or maybe I am just in a good mood for no reason...I don't know.I don't care. I've had a bunch of days lately where I've had to work at my general mood; and it's reallly nice not to have to do that today
Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #5051
Pie
Gone and done

I'm getting better. There's less weird stuff draining from my sinuses.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #5052
morethanpretty

Good for both Dana and Pie!
Sinus infections are awful. I get them a lot too.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #5053
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I used to - haven't had one for a while now - or a throat infection. Cool potatoes, I really did grow out of them!

Anyway, I've done a Shawnee.

Well, not quite as altruistic. But I wrote to the B&B we stayed in to thank them . It's owned and run by two men, so it's not like praising the staff, but I put them on TripAdvisor and put a quick vid on YouTube to show other people how good it is.

I also wrote to JB to thank him for the panto. More a fan letter I suppose, but it was the best I've ever seen (not counting The League of Gentlemen as theirs was a subversive one) and performers thrive on praise.

AND I emailed Megabus who got us there and back to compliment them on their drivers. In truth they did nothing above and beyond the call of duty, but they were friendly, personable and got us there on time, and that's better than some.

Oh, then I complained to Dominos because on my final treat night they made me a completely grim pizza. BOOOOO. But I left it with the branch for educational purposes (I don't want another pizza or a voucher, so there's not much they can do for me) rather than going via Head Office.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #5054
Pie
Gone and done

SG, you should see the ads they've been running here in the States -- "We know our pizzas suck, so we've worked on it. Maybe they don't suck so much anymore."

No, they still suck.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #5055
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Funnily enough, I used to believe that there was such a beast as the "American Style Pizza" and it was in all ways inferior to any European pizza, which in itself was inferior to any Italian pizza.

I still believe Italian style is best. But having spoken to a lovely American man (did it help that he was handsome? Maybe...) and through posting here I realised that Dominos was not the pizza that America held as its benchmark.

This weekend Mum & I ate at ASK. It's a decent, mid-range chain and cooks reasonable Italian style food. I had a fishy pizza, Mum had Risotto Fruits de Mer (or whatever that is in Italian). We've both been to Italy more than once, and the food was comparable for the type of restaurant. And I had a voucher (American: coupon)

Back to what I meant to say - I was indulging shamelessly with that pizza, with something I previously gorged on. The fact I got a Small, when before I'd have had a Medium or Large shows it's no longer a regular occurrence.

And it's been a while since I've associated America with Pizza Hut, Dominos, Subway, McDonalds, Burger King et al. The Merkins I know have good taste. If'n you can get past the peanut butter thing.