Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 06-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #136
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja View Post
I defy anyone to try to bring a lawsuit against this hospital using your reasoning. A judge would laugh you out of court in a heartbeat.
A lawyer you could not be. Ask John Edwards.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #137
TheMercenary

Quote:
No it is not. You are either right or wrong by the only standards that matter: God’s.

You will have to go straight to hell for that one.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #138
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
It's funny that you claim you work in a hospital,

Quote:
I have? When? Where?
No, that would be me.:p
Old 06-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #139
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Except for malpractice cases flaja. Those are taken seriously by courts. Under duress or not.

If it is a malpractice suit, then that agreement is actually disregarded until the truth of the incidences come to light. You can make all the claims you want with that trivial piece of paper in place. Your hospital can fight it all they want, but no judge will laugh when the wrong leg has been dismembered. Because it isn't funny unless you are me, and it isn't my leg.

No matter what you sign, you still have rights under the protections of the law. It's funny that you claim you work in a hospital, and think that judges laugh at patient claims. I don't think you know what you are saying really.

I do not even approve of your contractual metaphor, in regards to your so-called moral issues.
Correct.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #140
TheMercenary

Quote:
You people cannot confront me on facts, reason or intellect so you resort to insults, whining and nuisance.
You sound like you have at least one-half of an ounce of intellect. The other half makes you sound like a pompus know-it-all asshole.

Radar re dux.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:25 AM   #141
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

When someone decides to bring 'god' into a discussion to back up their position, they really should not be discussing their position in a politics forum. Isn't the aim to separate politics and religion? Church and state?

Credibility is at about zero for you flaja, as far as I'm concerned, and believe me, I'm not one of the mob here. In fact, most of the people don't even like my point of view most of the time. I'm considered to be a condescending anti-American almost idiot descended from criminals with virtually no brain to speak of, so no, I'm not one of the important people here, but I still find your comments to be quite ridiculous.

Morality has nothing to do with God anyway. I know plenty of people who don't believe in any god and yet they still manage to live very moral lives. If you believe that faith in [a] god is what gives you morality, then the only thing I can do for you is laugh...and feel a twinge of pity. What's that thing they wrote somewhere at some time... 'pity them for they know not what they do (or was it say)'.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #142
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I got my moral code by reading, thinking, reflecting, asking questions, but the people who got their moral code from an invisible man in the sky say I'm wrong.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #143
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Wait! Come back!
Shane! Come back Shane! SHANE!
Old 06-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #144
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I got my moral code by reading, thinking, reflecting, asking questions, but the people who got their moral code from an invisible man in the sky say I'm wrong.
*pssst* not all people who believe in God think you're wrong UT. Many of the most upright and moral people I know believe in no God at all. They choose to not kill, rob, lie, and do their neighbor's wife because they don't believe they are actions that are beneficial to themselves or the people around them.

Some of the most immoral, corrupt people I know are self-professed Christians. They steal and lie and stick it to the neighbor all the while counting on forgiveness to get them through.

People will do what they do because of the character that lies within themselves. That character has developed because of their experiences, lessons, and choices. That character may be informed by faith or not, it depends on the individual. A faith in God isn't the deciding factor on your actions while here, it is simply a faith in what happened before and what happens after "here".