The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #2881
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Doing better, BF got paid, so he was able to pay me back a little, he tried to pay most of it but I refused knowing he still has some unpaid bills. I got paid today, so I don't feel so awful. I've made some adjustments to my bill pay for the next 3months, going to minimum for awhile when I was paying over(no interest cards.) The big deal was my mom decided to switch up the car insurance, I had been on their plan to save money over all, but she found a better plan where we all save and where I can have my own policy. (Mom is also an insurance agent). So that's all good, 'cept she decided she wanted to do it this month instead of next.
I like to pay 6months at a time since they give you a discount, but because of DR bills and speeding ticket, I don't have $800 bucks this month. She paid the bill on her credit card, but I hate owing her anything.
I've just had to focus on getting through now, and adjusting my spending (and speeding) so that I can replenish my savings. Looking for some side jobs too.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #2882
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Back in the day, when my cash flow was tight , I paid my car insurance monthly. It really only cost me $2 more a month and made getting my bills paid on time a breeze. It was really worth it to me at the time.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #2883
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

My angioedema and lack of benadryl.

Also, way too many people must not be getting any these days. Come on, ignore Christine, lighten up your lives and self-satisfy, if need be.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #2884
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
My angioedema
You have a swolen heart?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #2885
Spexxvet

oh
Quote:
Angioedema is a swelling, similar to hives, but the swelling is beneath the skin rather than on the surface. The hives are called welts. It is also possible to have angioedema without hives.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #2886
Shawnee123

yeah, that's it. Had it since college. It's irritated by heat or pressure. Say I have a pair of shoes that I've worn dozens of times, so they're broken in. I go a few weeks without wearing said shoes. Wear said shoes again...the pressure just from where it's touching my feet in a different place from the previous shoes triggers an attack. My feet (or hands or ears...extremities) can swell up twice their size. My feet have looked like Ball Park Franks ready to burst at the seams.

When I exercise, the heat causes a similar thing on my torso.

The feeling is, I can imagine, like thousands of fire ants biting: hot and itchy and painful. Sometimes I scratch the skin raw, just can't help it.

They don't know what causes it. There is a form that can swell your esophagus right shut, but I've never had that problem. Knock on wood.

Lotions don't help, they get into the broken skin and I'm sensitive to ANY lotion then. Only thing that helps is an antihistamine.

I miss my cute dress shoes and heels, but at the end of the day I literally cannot walk on my feet.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #2887
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
You have a swolen heart?
And thanks for not saying "YOU have hearts???!!1 No wai."
Old 10-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #2888
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Back in the day, when my cash flow was tight , I paid my car insurance monthly. It really only cost me $2 more a month and made getting my bills paid on time a breeze. It was really worth it to me at the time.
Some companies have it set up automatically and they don't charge a fee. It's actually the same or cheaper than paying quarterly on biannually.

Last edited by classicman; 10-22-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: the same or
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #2889
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
yeah, that's it. Had it since college. It's irritated by heat or pressure. Say I have a pair of shoes that I've worn dozens of times, so they're broken in. I go a few weeks without wearing said shoes. Wear said shoes again...the pressure just from where it's touching my feet in a different place from the previous shoes triggers an attack. My feet (or hands or ears...extremities) can swell up twice their size. My feet have looked like Ball Park Franks ready to burst at the seams.

When I exercise, the heat causes a similar thing on my torso.

The feeling is, I can imagine, like thousands of fire ants biting: hot and itchy and painful. Sometimes I scratch the skin raw, just can't help it.

They don't know what causes it. There is a form that can swell your esophagus right shut, but I've never had that problem. Knock on wood.

Lotions don't help, they get into the broken skin and I'm sensitive to ANY lotion then. Only thing that helps is an antihistamine.

I miss my cute dress shoes and heels, but at the end of the day I literally cannot walk on my feet.
That sucks! Can the shoes make your hands swell, or is it a localized reaction?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #2890
Shawnee123

Localized. Say I absentmindedly have my arm on something irritating (like, not a dwellar.) I don't even know it's irritated until I notice I'm scratching...then it's a vicious circle. Or, you know, you're working away and scratch a tiny itch on your finger...bad move for me.

I know, it sounds weird. It is. Certainly not life threatening (except the threat of the esophagus which I haven't ever experienced) but it'll sure step on the finest of buzz.

Mostly it's my hand and feet. My ears have itched and swollen completely shut too. A lot of people's whole face will swell, and luckily I haven't had that happen either.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #2891
morethanpretty

@Shaw: have you tried zyrtec? I have a friend with angioedema and thats what helped him for a long time. Due to some bad health habits, he had to go off of zyrtec because it was raising his blood pressure. His is hereditary though I believe.

@Pico, I don't remember the difference. I would rather save ever $24 if I can though. I'll get over the psychological damage of owing my mom money. At least I know I'll pay her back, unlike how my aunt treats my g-ma.

Edit: Maybe I should say: how my g-ma lets my aunt treat her?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #2892
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You mean a mother allows a daughter to slide on monetary obligations? Shocking.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #2893
morethanpretty

No bruce, this is A LOT more than the occasional loan. My aunt constantly "borrows" money from my g-ma and never pays it back. My aunt spends way too much on unnecessary crap, she then cannot pay bills. There is a lot more, but I'll get too annoyed if I talk about it.

Plus I'm only 22 and in college. My aunt is well into her 50s with a well paying job, both her and her husband.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #2894
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I didn't say occasional, just mother financing daughter's spending.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #2895
morethanpretty

I'm offended at you making a comparison between my mom loaning me money when I'm in a tight spot, which rarely happens and only happened due to medical bills, and my aunt basically stealing money from my g-ma when she spends her own money so irresponsibly.

Its bad enough that I've had to borrow from her in the first place, I really don't need you heaping insult on top of that.

Tags
mild cheddar