The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #8191
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

GOOD NEWS!!! I found my Corona bypass pruner. You may call off the dogs.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #8192
monster
I hear them call the tide

And I found the scrip order. Now where is the George Washington book?
Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #8193
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Valley Forge? Across the Potomac? On the back of a dollar?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #8194
monster

Dunno but it's going to cost us $6 I saw the damn thing sitting in Thor's cubby and i was sure it went back....ah well could be worse. I'll find the bugger as soon as the check clears....... when we lost some godawful library book, we found it as soon as the period within which they woudl refund the cost expired. i think library books must be related to household appliances.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #8195
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I did a presentation on Tuesday morning at the humanities research institution, at Leeds uni. It went really well. Was too spaced out yesterday on antihistamines, antibiotics and antiinflammatories and any other antis you fancy adding to the list, to come posting about it.

Anyways, having arsed around for weeks making very little actual progress on the thing, I finally ended up pulling it out the bag in the final couple of days, and finished the powerpoint presentation to go with it at about 2am Tuesday morning :p

This time I got the PP right! There were no mysteriously missing or moved slides and it gelled pretty well with what I was saying.

20 minute talk and 10 minutes Q&A and only one question that properly floored me lol. But, given the empirical approach, it wasn't such a big deal that i didn't instantly recall the explanation for an unusual figure in an area I wasn't particularly focusing on for the talk. The answer did come to me, but I had a moment of real pause.

You know that feeling, when something you've been slightly dreading and which has basically dominated your thoughts either as something you're working on, or as something you really should be working on suddenly isn't anything you have to think about?

Ahhhhhhh.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #8196
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Dunno but it's going to cost us $6 I saw the damn thing sitting in Thor's cubby and i was sure it went back....ah well could be worse. I'll find the bugger as soon as the check clears....... when we lost some godawful library book, we found it as soon as the period within which they woudl refund the cost expired. i think library books must be related to household appliances.
$6? Lucky. SonofV's lost his history book--$76. He was forbidden from purchasing his yearbook because of this outstanding debt. Happily, I've just found the book. Too late for the yearbook though.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #8197
monster

I know. It was a kiddie book, we got lucky, although if it had been bigger, it might have been harder to lose. I'm just annoyed because I'm sure it was returned, I don't think we're at fault on this one...
Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #8198
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

More happy news. When I returned the history book to the library *and got my receipt* his record was cleared and now he has a yearbook. Woot!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #8199
monster

hurrah -is this his graduating year?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #8200
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Nope. Finishing 11th now, Senior next year. Then college.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #8201
monster

yearbooks are ridiculous $$. TF high school girl decided not to bother until snr year. And she made the right choice IMO. She made Varsity for Swim/Dive and Polo this year, but said the pages for those teams don't even mention her and the pictures are way out of date. And the descriptions are written by the glee club. She didn't actually say that last bit, but I think it's an accurate interpretation.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #8202
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm getting excited for my vaca in july.

Makes me happy to think about it.

Also-life in general is good. Very content. Sometimes even very happy. The best is yet to come babeh.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #8203
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What's making me happy today?

I've been told I'm getting laid tomorrow.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #8204
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

My rain charm worked!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #8205
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Thanks!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote