The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #136
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I think you should take it up with Flint Dana. Better women than I have tried before.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #137
Aliantha

Anyway, Jill wont leave. She knows I, at least, think she's sexy...and smart...and everything I aspire to be.

Don't leave me this waaaaa...ay e ay! I can't survive...

Sorry, I'll shut up now. I've been drinking.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:47 AM   #138
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I think she has already decided to leave actually.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #139
Aliantha

Naw...she will still post. At least, I hope she will. She's a cool chick.

Flint just pissed her off, and let's face it, who hasn't Flint pissed off?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #140
DanaC

yeah. I think it probably just followed too close on the heels of the previous debate. Straw and camel's back.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #141
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Oh buttfuck Flint in the mouth.

Hey Flint, where's your outrage at the outrage that's expressed in terms of demons and whores and demonwhores? You just pop up to get snippy with someone who actually has something to say?

jill fucked up. She should've shown her ass then Flint would've respected her up and down the street. Though, having a personality and a mind of her own might trump that admiration.

Flint's selective outrage at the outrage is outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS!!!1!!

See, jill, some in the Cellar like the women to be SEEN and not HEARD.

as Dana said: ffs
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #142
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
@ Flint: that post is so arrogant. You've basically accused Jill of having no mind of her own and only being interested because she's been manipulated by the press. And not only arrogant but aggressive too.
Have you noticed that flint has devolved from participating in the substance of a discussion to merely attacking individuals?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #143
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
... You just pop up to get snippy with someone who actually has something to say?

jill fucked up. She should've shown her ass then Flint would've respected her up and down the street. Though, having a personality and a mind of her own might trump that admiration.

Flint's selective outrage at the outrage is outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS!!!1!!

See, jill, some in the Cellar like the women to be SEEN and not HEARD.

as Dana said: ffs
Wow. This is an excellent post and really has me re-thinking a LOT of my interaction and communication techniques/habits. I'm not saying this in relation to anyone in specific, but just how I, as a female raised largely in the 70's of Ameria, feel she MUST tailor/stifle herself to even be considered to be HEARD.
This was an ah - ha moment for me - one of many that I've recently had/been able to make a connection.

Thank you, Infinite Monkey. I feel a bit different today because of your post.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #144
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
You know, it is possible for grown adults to hear or read a news story and formulate an opinion based solely on facts without having been "manipulated."

Did you bother to read the article I linked to right there in the OP? If you had, you would have found differing opinions on the issue being represented by Democrats in the house, one of whom said: So tell me, was he, or the writer of the piece trying to "manipulate" me into thinking it was no big deal?

Jesus FUCK you've got some raging assholes on this forum. Perhaps my time away was best left that way.

Sorry guys, I'm outta here again. This isn't the kind of political debate I was seeking out. This is just plain rudeness, and frankly, I have no desire to put up with it.

Peace, Out.
I think Speaker Boehner was in a tough spot and took the easy way out.

He is dealing with a freshman class of mostly Tea Party members who, IMO, not only have little or no respect for the institution of Congress as it presently exists (and has for 200+ years) but also a disdain for Obama that goes beyond policy differences. Sure, the institution has many faults, but their slash and burn approach is purely ideological and not a very pragmatic way of addressing the larger issue.

My impression is that the TP crowd has no interest in consensus building or compromise and the resolution was an issue that I assume Boehner figured was not worth pissing them off over, saving those chips for bigger battles to come.

The resolution that was proposed in House commended the forces on site, the intel community and, heres's the problem IMO, both Bush and Obama equally.

I make that assumption based on some of their personal remarks/press releases that I have seen that give all the credit to Bush.

As to these same members of Congress on the issue of wasting time on such purposeless resolutions, I would point to the fact that they have spent hours and days on resolutions and floor speeches to kill the Affordable Care Act, knowing full well that it has no chance of passage in the Senate. A clear of waste of time.

I think this discussion has run its course, much of it in an ugly manner by a few.

Now come back, please.
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #145
infinite monkey

If you come back I'll tell you tales of my days of bartending at the country club when Boehner was just then schmoozing his way up the ladder and I got to watch the Richie Rich's crawl up his ass!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #146
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Wow. This is an excellent post and really has me re-thinking a LOT of my interaction and communication techniques/habits. I'm not saying this in relation to anyone in specific, but just how I, as a female raised largely in the 70's of Ameria, feel she MUST tailor/stifle herself to even be considered to be HEARD.
This was an ah - ha moment for me - one of many that I've recently had/been able to make a connection.

Thank you, Infinite Monkey. I feel a bit different today because of your post.
I hope you feel different in a good way?

I hold you in high esteem, deservedly so.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #147
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
F&B The resolution that was proposed in House commended the forces on site, the intel community and, here's the problem IMO, both Bush and Obama equally.
After rereading, I still don't see the issue the R's have. Pass the damn thing and get back to work. There is much to be done. I'm more than a lil pissed about this now. There isn't a lot of coverage on the issue, but it is wasting time on something that has nothing to do with the real issues at hand - Jobs, economy, deficit/debt...

STFU & get to work.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #148
Ibby
erika

From what I've heard, the "rules" committee (which is more of a sort-of-guidelines-if-the-speaker-wants committee) of the House, at the start of the current legislative session, declared that the House would no longer vote on resolutions to honor or recognise people, groups, or events, using the bloat of resolutions honoring everything from little-league baseball teams to military operations to civil rights leaders as the rationale. And I can't say I disagree with the sentiment - even though it takes hardly any time and has no policy impact, the hundreds of bills congress passes honoring or recognising who- or whatever is a little ridiculous.
But such a categoric refusal to vote on ANY bill honoring ANYTHING is a little much. This is the kind of event that the congressional record and the idea of passing resolutions to honor people is MEANT FOR. it's either a political ploy or an extreme and fundamentalist point of view on the negativity of ANY AND ALL resolutions EVER that honor shit.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #149
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I'd like "Political Ploys" for $500. please.

When everything gets honored it does rather water down the value of being honored, which, IMO, should be reserved for things like what the SEALs done did.

Special Olympics notwithstanding, we are not all winners worthy of special mention and honor.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #150
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Special Olympics notwithstanding, we are not all winners worthy of special mention and honor.
Damn. Seriously? Who knew?