The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

Hubby just reminded me.... of how the first thing he does when visiting people, who have pets, is to sit on the floor and converse with the animals.... more so then he does with the people. "It's just politeness to get down to their level"

There's a reason he's known as "The Wonderful Keeper of Treats" ... and it's not about the cookies in his pocket.

Just one of the many wonderous things I love about him - yeah I guess I'm not so mad at him ...
Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #32
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

well - less than a week now - home stretch... feeling the upside of anticipation of him coming home rather than the downside of he's awwwwwwwwwwway...

for statistical purposes - circumference of the earth - 40,075 km distance to Brisbane ... 16,086 km - so NO he's not quite a half a world away
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #33
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

well aside from a brief skype session from a friends house this time yesterday - connection hassles means I haven't talked to him in two days.... frustrating more than worrying... just day to day stuff a girl wants/needs to share.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #34
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

3 days and counting - got a buttload of cleaning to try and get finished ... and Wednesday will be backing day
Old 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #35
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

2 days... and I'm feeling a bit punkish ... not getting all the stuff done I wanted to, feeling down and a little overwhelmed. I just want my husband home.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #36
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

25 hours - and I can finally quit boring you all with my misery
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #37
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

When the hours are up, start brightening us with your joy.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #38
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

*grins* there will be CAKE

coconut is prepped and waiting for the morning, got a nice hunk of pork shoulder picnic thawing for the making of pulled pork, and all the makings for sangria prepped..

there will be feasting..
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #39
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
When the hours are up, start brightening us with your joy.
I think Ocean will have other things on her mind then

Sent by thought transference
Old 05-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #40
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

thats entirely possible

t-minus 20
Old 05-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #41
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

T-minus 12
Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #42
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

"home again, home again, jiggedy jig!"

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA34
Old 05-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #43
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

T-minus 3
Time to leave for the airport

Not nearly as much finished as I wanted there to be - but I'm focusing on what is done..

Monkey bread for the morning
Pulled pork and fresh buns for dinner tomorrow
Coconut cake
fresh bread

Sangria marinading in the fridge

See y'all in a few days
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #44
wanderer
Master of the Domain

That's a good writing I had say Ocean.
Not a very long ago, I had that desperate situation of buying something for my wife on anniversary. Along with real (and the mattering) gift, I wrote few lines for her, that came up in my mind while reading this blog. I guess they suck big time, but anyway:

Sometimes you gotta believe the words to relish them. Perhaps they are bit too much dipped in the armor of fiction but then who knows if the soul within might have shards of truth?

Let me tell you about a girl. Ah! what a delighted fairy tale fantasy of a man's heart. Isn't it? heh! Too old fashioned to use proverbs like that? But then I need to put every story in the epic of a magical world. The substantial amount of vivid imagination fails to take roots in this earth you see. And then what's the loss? We are all here for few minutes of joy and then off we go.

Well if you have come so far into this garrulous of cynical sentences, that means you are perhaps willing to waste few precious moments of your life.
Yeah, yeah, she is the one who lives with me. The one who did all that love-stuff to my heart few years ago. And then? We went to stars to live as King and Queen? Bleh! We got married instead. Hell yeah, you knew that. Years have started piling up. Dull monotony have raved our kingdom. King and queen toil hard in the summers and winters to raise the kingdom crops. Wouldn't have been surprise if Sauron came roaring over the traffic lights! But then project boss is always there to fill the make shift role.

King and queen now feel the magic dulled away, and money a precious entity. There are big concerns in each's heart. They travel through adventures and misadventures still, but how long, oh i ask thee, how long a weary wanderer may continue? Darn, I am no soul searching saint though I will love to be the one.
Its not about that though (i almost forgot). Its about that girl, the queen. Day after day who rises up with me and deal the armies/hordes of orcs at our castle. Wait! is it castle or is it cooking, doing job, holding responsibilities, families etc? Not sure. But you get the idea, one can be worst than other. And I am told I am Martian. A king from Mars! heh! She has to deal with that too. What a brave little girl you had say. I agree.

In fact I wont exaggerate if I say without this shinning, sparkling, glorious (and whatever else) courage I am finished. I am no one.
It feels hard for me to stop and tell her these things. So I think often to send some messenger with all these thoughts to her. But I am highly suspicious of the messengers. They tend to read the King's messages and giggle about it with their maids these days. On to magic then! Let me use a magic potion or kick my wizard's ass to do something similar. Let the old freak wave the frequencies out of air and let the queen know that no matter how quite and distant I seem, she is the heartbeat of this kingdom (hear, hear! hear those drums beat and those trumpets shout). The way her perfectness looks to me, I feel my rag-tag of savage army can conquer whole world. That of course means I can sit and watch TV meanwhile.

Years on this epic will drag. But never a shower of rain for patched dry earth must have seemed so refreshing as that queen's face to me (lots of background cheering and happy whistling).
Come we have journey to take now my sweet. Come hold my hand and don't ever leave me. (At least not until next rave party or my next toilet time )
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #45
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

thank you wanderer,

and nothing from the heart can ever 'suck big time' ... I like it

... I said there would be cake and despite that I screwed up the icing not once, but twice.... third time's the charm, and there is indeed cake..