The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 04-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
rkzenrage

I used to have premature relationships, but I learned that if I thought of something else, like baseball... they often lasted a bit longer....
Old 04-26-2006, 06:55 AM   #17
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Dont worry about anyone not liking you or vice versa. I was a total stuck up bimbo at school, and i used to totally ignore the people who i thought werent so cool - but after you leave the confinements and pressure of HS - none of that matters anymore to anyone. you start to work out the things in life that matter, and people change dramatically in those first few years out of school, so if you are in a HS relationship (as i was when i left HS) just make sure that you do work on your relationship, but also accept that you will be evolving every day;

I hated this group at high school who were a bunch of weirdos. my group would be mean to them etc etc as kids do, well.. next year i plan to marry one of those weirdos!!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #18
laebedahs
Abecedarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee
i was and still not a great beauty (short and round to tell the truth) so i was never much in to the dating seen in high school to tell the truth i though it was a horrid messy afair even worse i came from a very small town the school had only 120 student from yr 1 - 10 and every week they all seemed to swaping girl freinds/boy friends any way my point is just enjoy your younger years please don't be in a hurry to grow up all to suddenly life catches up to you. If your friends with a few girls that is great because you will learn more about dating and dealing with girls by being their friend then you ever will in your dating life.
Run-on sentences makes my eyes bleed

I dated a few people in my teenage years, starting at the age of 14. I had a few long relationships (2+ years). The last relationship I had lasted 6 years; we were together for 4 then married 2 (divorced last month). I'm 23 now.

Concentrate on having fun with others. If you find you're having fun with someone, ask them out.
laebedahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:35 AM   #19
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I had a boyfriend for the last two years during my highschool years and beyond. The good one asked me before the cute bad one did. phew. Lucky for me.I guess.

I wouldn't say it was premature. It was not 'mature' as in I had a grown up love. What we did have was commitment and friendship and that was very very good.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #20
mrnoodle
bent

I had girlfriends from age 4-10 and 19-34 (my age, not theirs, sicko). That 9 years in between, I went on one date, which ended with a "let's be friends" speech. Two other girls asked me out, but I was too socially inept to know what to do -- I had a huge crush on a different girl, and I somehow thought that dating someone else would ruin my chances with her. That, and I froze up like a deer in headlights when a girl talked to me.

I'm pretty sure that I was mentally ill I think back on some of my reactions to things and how I viewed the world, and it's just.... wow. Probably just immaturity and raging hormones I suppose, but I really had some misfiring neurons back then.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #21
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
II'm pretty sure that I was mentally ill I think back on some of my reactions to things and how I viewed the world, and it's just.... wow. Probably just immaturity and raging hormones I suppose, but I really had some misfiring neurons back then.
Sweetie, imagine having misfiring neurons NOW.

All of you, yes, YOU, break my heart. You're all so lonely and by rights should all be enjoying major shags and fun and LOVE-oh, hell. Things really don't change all that much, do they?

Dee, you say you are a bit round-ish. So what? Listen. Make your health a priority! a PRIORITY dammit! We've started a thread for those among us who wish to lose pork (like me) called the Weight Loss Thread. This is not something I want to do coz I want dates. This is something I want to do because I really need to lay off the Lays, if you get my drift...oh, well, you're an Aussie--let's see--lay off the...Chocolate Cake (universal!)!
Anyhoo--we can't all be JLO (or, there would be no JLo----not a bad thing) and we need to look at life as life looks at us: IN THE FACE!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #22
KrazFD
Layperson

Cool, at least I'm not alone, rather, according to you guys, I'm in the minority (as far as dating goes)! Well, it's nice to hear some other people's experiences. ^_^
KrazFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
KrazFD
Layperson

Sorry for the bump, but wow

It's been two years and my life has totally turned around. Wolf, hagar, brianna, and all you other guys, if you're still around...thanks. I think I'll stick around this time and start posting more =)
KrazFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #24
Cloud

confirms that the best advice to adolescents is: wait. it will get better!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #25
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it's going!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #26
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Hmmmm... You were around 16-17 when this thread started 2 years ago. That makes you legal now.

I CALL DIBS!!!!!!! lol!!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #27
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

KrazFD - Wolf & Brianna are certainly still around
They have both had their own big issues to deal with (an ailing mother and breast cancer)

I admit I missed your original thread, but it's great that you came back and I hope things are a little more settled for you!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #28
Ibby
erika

Ahahaha, awww, look, its young, idealistic, hopeful Ibby!
Jeez. Hate that fucker. Glad he's gone.

Christ, i was barely even fifteen when i wrote that too.
Guys, remind me to never go back through the Cellar archives and see how much of a little douchebag of a freshman i was. okay?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #29
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Also, when you're in your 40s you might want to steer clear completely.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #30
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You weren't a douchebag chick
We bothered with you after all

but remember this episode when we bore you with, "You're only young, you'll see it differently later"