The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #7141
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm so sorry, Sundae.

I miss my grandparents. I was thinking about my grandma on Saturday, wishing I could ask her advice about something and wishing I'd asked her all this when I could. But, I didn't know that the situation would be something I'd ask her advice about, at the time. I don't really 'believe' in anything, but I feel like she's with me sometimes when I'm particularly sad and lonely.

I think a lot of my younger sis-in-law, when her grandfather died, and she told me the whole family was at his bedside and as sad as it was, it was a beautiful thing. She's really got her head on straight in dealing with passages. Me, not so much.

I wish your grandfather peace, and peace to you and to your mother.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #7142
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm sorry, too, Sundae. I never know what to say in these situations.

I'm thinking of you and your family.

*hugs*
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #7143
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You have been there for him every step of the way, Sundae. I can only hope that when I am old, someone will come make me sandwiches and talk to me and love me as much as you have your grandad. I'm sorry for you and your mum that his time has come, but his time here was better for having you in it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #7144
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

So sorry to read this.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #7145
glatt

Sundae, I'm sorry that you are losing him.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #7146
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I can only hope that when I am old, someone will come make me sandwiches and talk to me and love me as much as you have your grandad.
This.

Don't dwell on him as he is now, remember him how he was and talk to him about that. It will comfort both of you. Know that he is in no pain and the place you have chosen for him is a good one where his needs will be met.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #7147
SamIam

So sad to read this. My sympathy to you and your family.

And what Monster said.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #7148
monster

Daughter. Not home from dance. "I thught I'd OKd it with you to sleepover.....

but that's how teenagers are.

More than that.... why did the person (the most trustworthy and on the ball person I knew) who I arranged to give her a ride HOME not mention that this didn't happen?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:06 AM   #7149
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

SG - Clod and Monster are right on the button - but I think you know that. Hugs, dearie!

Monster - shouldn't this be in the pissed off parent thread?! No, but seriously, bummer that the supposed responsible one(s) didn't check in with you. Hugs, as well!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #7150
monster

A huge sense of dread

is overwhelming me this morning. About what, I have no idea. I have a huge vacuuous knot at the bottom of my ribcage, like the feeling you get when you hear the breadwinner of the household has been laid off, or you've been cheated of something that was dear to you. Not dead relative type bad. but bad. I don't get feelings like this very often and it's upsetting me. What is going to go wrong, how bad will it be and will I recover from it? I feel like whatever it is is something that isn't my fault and is undeserved, but also unpreventable. This is so weird. and horrible. I don't think it was something I ate last night......

Seriously, the feeling wasn't there first thing this morning, I slept well last night, but not enough so went back to bed between school runs, and then went back to bed again, but that's when this feeling arrived and I couldn't sleep even though I was still desperately tired.....

Am I going (more) insane? I feel like this sometimes when I've poked a wasps nest in some organization or other, but the nest I poked last night was very small and I just read the first reply which was positive and the feeling hasn't gone away. I'd've been almost relieved if it was that.....
Old 10-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #7151
glatt

Sorry you've got that feeling of dread. I get it from time to time and it sucks! Usually there's a good reason for it, like I've been procrastinating and the shit is about to hit the fan.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #7152
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

If you can't locate a reason, Monster, it's likely just a minor (and hopefully short-lived) chemical imbalance.

Last week I had a bad guilt-attack.
I couldn't trace it to anything.
It was like an emotional hangover from the (really serious) drinking days.
Luckily it was a school day - so I'd seen my parents already - no issues there. And then got into work - no-one had a problem with me there. And then Tiger had a fit of giggles at a conversation exercise I'd come up with and the knot seemed to dissolve.

Hope yours is of a similar duration.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #7153
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Sorry you've got that feeling of dread. I get it from time to time and it sucks! Usually there's a good reason for it, like I've been procrastinating and the shit is about to hit the fan.
That reminds me ...
Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #7154
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Monster, you're probably exhausted. You're always on the go, taking care of everyone and everything. So you take a few minutes to recognize the exhaustion and then you feel like you should be doing something. Your brain and body are out of synch. I bet you never take a day just for you.

I could be wrong. I'm just speculating?

Hope you feel better soon.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #7155
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
yeah, that's totally the one. And I have been procrastinating (when have I not?) But I don't see the shit about to hit the fan. Well maybe I do, but i'm really not that bothered by that one......

oh dear. I guess it might be subsiding a little. nah, that's wishful thinking. it's kind of like I forgot to do a tax return, but I didn't. And the one filing i haven't done has no late penalty -I never do that one on time

Tags
swiss