The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #16
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

I wear flare cut jeans, I guess they're low rise, because they only come up to just under my belly button, not up around my boobs like the high wasted ones. Thing is, I'm short...so I have to wear petite sized jeans.

There's only ever one style of petite flare cut jeans, and most of the time they're sold out...so when I find them, I buy 5 or 6 pairs exactly the same, and then wear them until they fall apart. Repeat.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #17
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I tend to wear low rise mostly. Bt not really low. I realised the other day that I have actually become a Grumpy Old Woman (Brits may get that reference) when I saw this young lass, about 17 or so, in town with her gaggle of friends, hunkered down to get something from her bag on the floor. She was wearing those low rise tight jeans with the top of her thongs coming right up past the top. And I thought, I don't get that style. Usually, even if I don;t like a style, I can see what the look is supposed to do. But that one just looks stupid to me. Just like the lads with the jeans so far down (and belted) that they look like they're defying gravity every second they don't fall down.

*Shrugs* I mean, dont get me wrong, I've worn some shit stupid things in my life. But I just don't get this one.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #18
jinx
Come on, cat.

I shopping for jeans online right now because of this thread.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #19
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

damn you cellar! damn you to helllllll
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #20
Cloud

sometimes I like shopping for clothes, sometimes not. Shopping can be fun . . . trying on, not so much.

Online shopping can rock, but there are risks. Just in the last hour bought a nice dress from the Pyramid Collection, which I found at 50% off.

As far as jeans go . . . I went to Mervyns this week to buy 2 new pairs of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, which always fit me. NOT low rise, which never have fit my figure at all. Don't know what I'll do now--maybe I'll try those QVC jeans. I don't like most of QVCs clothes much.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
jinx
Come on, cat.

These are my favorite jeans ever.... low in the front (top of pelvic bone) but don't leave your crack hanging out in back. When they stop making them I'll be wearing sweat pants 24/7.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #22
Nagirroc
Recruit or Something

Wink

Guess that I'm a little strange, I love to take my wife shopping.
That way I get a say in what looks good on her.
And there is nothing like a private runway showing, especialy when you get to take the model home with you.
Nagirroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #23
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

I don't like clothes shopping, and my double-wide, 2 different sized feet make shoe shopping a very special nightmare. If I find shoes that fit comfortably I will buy 2 or 3 pairs of the same thing. What confuses me is how my sisters and mother, who don't even live in the same state, can find things there and send them here, and they fit and look good. I'm puzzled but grateful!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #24
Nirvana
Back in 10

I love clothes shopping. I do most of it online [ebay] because I found a seller that sells nice new clothes at a fraction of the cost. I particularly like suits in about the $300 -$400 retail range, but they have them for $40 or less