The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-01-2004, 08:41 AM   #106
blue
Operations Operative

Well when do you use togethor then Einstein? It is a word right?

I don't have an accent, we talk normal here eh?

I'll have you know I wear an apron to Packer games Beestie....and yes the back is open, like a hospital gown...some Sunday, when you least expect it...yeah that'll be me ;-)
Old 07-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #107
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

from dictionary.com:
Quote:
No entry found for togethor.

did you mean together? or are you on crack again?
Suggestions:
together
gether
tether
tother
goethe
teether
tkoth
topheth
tiger
coauthor
toothier
geth
teth
togo
toth
teethe
tighar
tither
t'other
doeth
gthoh
teeth
tooth
ttcor
tyger
toged

For better results, try our search tips.
ADVERTISEMENT

Perform a new search, or try your search for "togethor" at:

* Amazon.com - Shop for books, music and more
* Reference.com - Search the Web
* eLibrary - Search thousands of newspapers and magazines
* Google - Search the Web for relevant results
* Google Groups - Search Usenet messages back to 1981
* Merriam-Webster - Search for definitions
* Roget's Thesaurus - Search for synonyms and antonyms
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #108
blue
Operations Operative

Maybe it's british.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #109
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

nice try.

arse is, though. as in, talking out your....
Old 07-01-2004, 12:12 PM   #110
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Well.

After creating an original and compelling thread, one is always gratified to see a spirited response from the community for which it was intended.

Of course, only the Giants<sup>&trade;</sup> among us will understand what I'm talking about; most of the Tards<sup>&trade;</sup> will never be able to experience the sensation. Sad, really.

Quote:
Originally posted by marichiko
Sometimes brevity is the soul of wit.
How would you know?

Quote:
Originally posted by ladysycamore
You also said that there is a time and a place for everything.
Where did I say that?

For some things, there's NEVER a time or place.

Three-quarters of the responses in this thread have been people chattering about what HB said. Problem is, HB didn't say most of the things that people are complaining about. Most of the Tards<sup>&trade;</sup> who have responded in this thread aren't interested in addressing the point I was trying to make; they're just offended that somebody might dare take them to task for posting crap.

Well ya know what? To hell with them, and all the rest of the Lowest Common Denominator. They're the same people who are to blame for 'reality TV,' Ebonics, and warning labels that read "Do not use toaster in or around a bathtub."

The law says that I have to send my kids to school with their kids. And I have to sit next to them in restaurants. That's okay. But I don't have to tolerate their behavior here, and I won't. So if I see Tards<sup>&trade;</sup> drawing a mustache on our copy of "The Flaying of Marsysas," or tethering a goat in the flower bed next to Current Events, or trying to leave their '75 Gremlin up on blocks in front of Home Base, I'm gonna call 'em on it.

This shit has been going on -and getting worse- for over a year. Enough.

Quote:
Originally posted by ladysycamore
And now I see that you are going to just poof go away and not try to turn the ship 'round.
This ain't a chatroom, you know. I'll respond when I have a chance. If that's not quick enough for you, too bad. Deal with it. I don't have as much free time as... some people.

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
i post a response like a quip or a pun, and for the most part, that does not have any real worth. yet, if i was standing in a room talking to you folks, thats what i would say.
That's just it: YOU'RE NOT standing in a room talking to folks.

If I were sitting on a toilet, I'd probably take a shit. But if I'm sitting in a crowded theater, I probably won't. You really oughta learn to be more aware of your surroundings.

Quote:
it wouldnt even bother me if he had pointed to a particular instance of ;chaffing; and said, " hey, put some freaking thought into a post before you post it" or even saying to one person in particular that they are chatting too much. but to comment on the general malaise he feels and in a way that creates apprehension in some users to post at all for fear of being talked down to.....?
I kept it as general as possible precisely to avoid pointing fingers at specific people.

But since you bring it up, Jim... you -and a few others- post too damn much, and much of what you post isn't very interesting. So I'd appreciate it if you'd rein it in a little.

There. Is that a more acceptable way of dealing with chaff?

Quote:
HubrisBoy, you have a point. you also have a standing offer of a user based forum.
Really?!? Wow. That's mighty generous of you, Jim. But I think I prefer to impose my own outdated standards on the community as a whole. But you also have a standing offer to download AOL Instant Messenger, and ROFL with others unimpeded. I think people would respect that. I know I would.

Quote:
Originally posted by be-bop
W T F.all these so called Giants of the board having Hissy Fits Hubris Boy, Dagney Jag all throwing the toy's out the pram stomping off in a fit of pique. Whats wrong with a bit of levity? now and again even in a serious post a smart or funny comment can enhance the argument or position you are trying to put across.
Huh? Where the hell did that come from? Please show me where I suggested that there's anything wrong with humor. Heck, I've even been known to inject a little humor into my own posts from time to time.

Important safety tip: Read first, then respond.

Quote:
Just in case you wanted to know, here are ALL of HB's posts for 2004
Yep. Ain't much there. I tend not to post when I don't have anything to say. You should try it.
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:54 PM   #111
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

I think it would be safe to say, HB, that the Cellar is no longer the place you knew, and it never will be again. But it is still enjoyable and valuable to the people who spend some of their time here. You haven't been an actively participating member lately, so any clout you may have possesed has largely evaporated. Lumberjim is a well-liked, respected member of this community, and from your recent posts, you're coming off as a crotchety, conceited whiner who stumbles in from time to time, and who is about as much fun as a carpet burn to the groin.

I'd take ONE of Lumberjim's posts over a dozen of yours. And I don't think I'm the minority. So, you can A) adapt to the community and be happy, B) continue whining and be ignored, or C) find someplace else to be intellectualy stimulated (and rest assured that whatever smarmy comeback you may imagine to be clever regarding the "intellectually stimulated" bit is painfully predictable and unfunny).

You like blunt? There it is.

edit: fixed a spelling error

Last edited by hot_pastrami; 07-01-2004 at 02:26 PM.
hot_pastrami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:22 PM   #112
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

The bottom line here is that you don't make the call who posts what. Trying to belittle or categorize people into groups isn't going to bring about your desired effect. In fact, it just may have the opposite effect.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:27 PM   #113
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

HubrisBoy,

I feel your pain. no, wait. I don't .......that was gas.

Listen, I'd like it if you posted more. You're pretty damn funny and smart, and your smile is amazing. If you can get your average up over 5 per day ( starting today, 7/1) I'll keep mine under 10. sound fair?

and thanks, H_P. That means more coming from you than it would from most people. ~sniff~ I promised my self I wouldn't cry. ~sniff~ Damn. I'm ok, I'm ok. let me just get my self together here aminute. ~sniff~

yeah, ok. so, ehem.....I love you guys. ~sniff~
Old 07-01-2004, 02:00 PM   #114
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

LJ, you just don't get it do you. OK, I'm gonna give it to ya straight:

[French accent]

You are inteeellectual pond scum
haugh, haugh
no, (self-congratulatory smirk) you, sir, are BELOW pond scum!
**sips wine - takes bit of brie - mumbles something with mouth full - picks food from beard- waves wine glass through air**
Noaux, I have eet now, you, how you say...LumberJeem are a Tard! Yes!! That eeees it! You are a Tard!!

[/French accent]

Now, DON'T make me talk down to you a-gaine!

Old 07-01-2004, 02:05 PM   #115
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

ah, oiu. eees tru, aye yam zee Taaaerdd. haungh haughn.

and yu aarrrre az welll. ees a shem zat we aaallllgh canno be so breelliant and astoooot az zee ubrees boweey, no?

passez le wine, pleeyayze
Old 07-01-2004, 02:24 PM   #116
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

a question for sycamore:

jag has apparently bailed on the cellar. at least for the time being. why did you have nothing to say to him about it, but you tell me i'm overreacting? is it different because he agrees with you and HB, or just that you enjoy breaking my balls more than his. Or did you take him to task privately?

ok, that was more than one question.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #117
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:

If you can get your average up over 5 per day ( starting today, 7/1) I'll keep mine under 10. sound fair?
I'd like to see more of HB but nobody can average 5 posts a day without a poor signal to noise ratio.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:33 PM   #118
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
I'd like to see more of HB but nobody can average 5 posts a day without a poor signal to noise ratio.
Profile For lumberjim
Date Registered: 10-08-2003
Total Posts: 3709 (13.89 posts per day)

You trying to say something here? :p
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:35 PM   #119
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

SSCREEEEEEEEEEEEE! WEEEEOOOOO WEEEEEEOOOOO WEEEEEEOOOOOOO BONK BONK BONK SCREEEEEEEE CHCHCHCHCH CK CK CK CK SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

can you hear me now?
Old 07-01-2004, 03:38 PM   #120
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
jag has apparently bailed on the cellar. at least for the time being. why did you have nothing to say to him about it, but you tell me i'm overreacting?
You answered your own question here. Jag has apparently decided the Cellar isn't for him right now. If I see him online over the weekend, I'll give him some shit for it.

He overreacted...so did HB...so did you. I can understand why some of you newer folks might be pissed, but it just ain't that serious. Really.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 07-01-2004 at 03:44 PM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote