Baltimore (6) over Kansas City (3)
Tennessee (4) over Miami (5)

Divisional Playoff:
New England (1) over Baltimore
Indianapolis (2) over Tennessee

Championship:
New England over Indianapolis

Super Bowl 38: St. Louis over New England in a rematch of Super Bowl 36."

Darn, I thought you had it right - untill the last part.

heh, heh ....................

Pats 17, Rams 13.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:06 PM   #167
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Chiefs defense showed up today. It wasn't a perfect performance, but it was miles better than the past six weeks have been. Offense looked snappy, but not at peak.

Chiefs will have a tough game on their hands no matter who wins the wild card game next weekend. I'm putting my money on the Colts, and I think the Chiefs *can* beat them in Arrowhead, but it is going to take a superior effort on our part.

Interesting day today in the NFL, all in all.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:42 AM   #168
stlbob
Romantic Necromancer

Just found this thread. I've been reading it for the last hour and a half. Interesting stuff. I'd like to add some comments if I may?

Back before the Detroit game, I thought the Rams had a lock on making it to the Super Bowl. We'd have home field advantage the whole way. That's a good thing since it's so freakin loud in that stadium the other team is at a severe disadvantage. I think the only other place louder is Tennessee's stadium (which is outdoor!) I don’t think the Rams have lost at home in something like 13 games? I can’t remember and I can’t find it online.

Seems that now the road to the big game is through Philly. That makes me squeamish. I’m not sure that’s a game we’ll win. In a way, I would like to see Philly make the bowl anyway. I can understand their frustration of getting close year after year and not making it. I’m a Blues fan also and it’s been that way for us in hockey. Always getting knocked out by the eventual champs.

I had high hopes of a Rams – Chiefs Superbowl though. That would have been so cool.
stlbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:57 AM   #169
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The Eagles are so injured it's just not funny. I can't believe Brian Westbrook is out. That guy is a phenomenal runner. The last game he deked a linebacker so bad he wasn't even touched. That rarely happens in the NFL.

They had to stop the game while they looked for the linebacker's jock, because he was deked right out of it. Shades of Walter Payton, dare I say it.

But now Westbrook has a tear in his arm muscle and they have to operate. They might see if it's not too bad and let him play out the year and then operate, but if he fell on it or something it could be career-ending.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:37 AM   #170
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
But now Westbrook has a tear in his arm muscle and they have to operate. They might see if it's not too bad and let him play out the year and then operate, but if he fell on it or something it could be career-ending.
LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you! LA LA LA LA LA

Don't even THINK the words "career-ending."

As it is, minus Westbrook, minus Emmons, with it hard to say whether Vincent will be at 100% against Green Bay, Seattle or Dallas... I honestly didn't think they were going all the way this year _anyway_, but this seals it for me.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:56 AM   #171
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

SUCK IT UP. VSP

I'm a cowboys fan, but if I was gonna bet on a superbowl participant from the NFC, it'd be the eagles. they still have deuce and buck......and jim johnson could put a defense together with our mothers. you guys are due. enjoy the ride!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:44 AM   #172
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

This is Philadelphia you're talking about. NO Philly team is EVER "due." It's in the blood, it is the curse we bear...

If Westbrook is out -- or, worse, if they strap him into protective gear and trot him out there at less than 100% -- that's a big offensive threat out of the picture, and a major blow to the RB-by-committee system they've been using. (I've never been THAT sold on Duce, and Buckhalter is adequate at best.) If the offense comes down to "give the ball to Donovan and wait for a miracle," they're done. (That's no slam on Donovan, either, because that's a burden no QB should be asked to bear. Even my favorite QB of all time (Elway) couldn't win a Super Bowl via smoke and mirrors -- they needed a solid running game.)

I just don't see the Eagles as a sufficiently dominant team to win two tough playoff games while dealing with a lot of injuries. I don't know who'll win the NFC Championship, but I wouldn't give the Eagles better odds than anyone else right now.

My picks:

Tennessee over Baltimore
Carolina over Dallas
Green Bay over Seattle
Denver over Indianapolis

followed by

New England over Denver
Tennessee over Kansas City
Green Bay over Philadelphia
St. Louis over Carolina

and I'll see what the injury front looks like before predicting further.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:16 PM   #173
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Chewie sure as shit ain't getting a cheesesteak from me...the Giants in the Super Bowl...pffft! (My condolences.)
I would like to just say I was there at all the ends. I was there for the last win of this season, I was there for the last game, and I was there for Fassel's final walk.

*raises his glass

Fare thee well, Jim. Be good to yourself, sir.

Next year, everyone. A healthy Collins, a protected Collins, a healthy Shockey, Will-power back on the field, Mitchell's ass on the curb with a nice healthy shoeprint for decoration...these are the things that must be. These are the things that will be.

Freakin' Panthers and Chiefs in the playoffs...it ain't right man...it ain't right...
Old 12-29-2003, 05:28 PM   #174
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

An upset is coming...and I predict it will either be the Eagles or the Rams. (I think the Chiefs will lose their first game too, but that's not really an upset, IMO...sorry, Ep.)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:34 PM   #175
stlbob
Romantic Necromancer

Syc, what did you think of the pounding that Bulger took at Detroit? Warner coming in surprised me. He didn't do very much at all either, which didn't surprise me.
stlbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:46 AM   #176
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Syc, I wish I could say you were wrong, but I fear the first round loss for the Chiefs as well.

However, after their performance on Sunday, I think I will at least wait to see the game played before despairing any further.

Don't give up on that Rams/Chiefs Superbowl just yet. It would be *awesome*.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:07 PM   #177
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by stlbob
Syc, what did you think of the pounding that Bulger took at Detroit? Warner coming in surprised me. He didn't do very much at all either, which didn't surprise me.
Well, I think Marc just got his cage rattled a bit. Offensive line sucked ass, and Bulger lost his confidence. I'm not surprised that Warner was brought in, though the injury to Bulger was on his non-throwing hand.

Just finished reading Miklasz, Gordon and Burwell in the Post-Dispatch...and I generally agree with what they're saying. Except that they seem to fear the Eagles a bit too much. I've watched all but one Eagles game this season. They are indeed good, but they ain't THAT good.

A Rams/Chiefs Super Bowl would be fantastic...or a Rams/Ravens one...
Old 01-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #178
elSicomoro

From today's Baltimore Sun...

Ahahahahaha!

Fuck Washington and their piece of shit team.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:47 PM   #179
Griff
still says videotape

Gary Anderson
Old 01-03-2004, 06:56 PM   #180
elSicomoro

Fuck you, Griff.

Stoopid stoopid Orlando Brown...