The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #466
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

** sigh **

...it's a dogs life.......
Old 06-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #467
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

O....M....F...G!!!!!

Quote:
A MADCAP prankster has smashed the world record for transporting maggots — after carrying 17kg in his MOUTH.

Charlie Bell moved two square foot of live maggots in one hour using only his chops.

The-35-year-old, from Leyton, East London, admitted: "It was disgusting."

[No shit, Sherlock! ZG I have faded out the rest of the text because it is so disgusting. Highlight at your peril for his descriptions ]

"I had been practising at home with rice for months but until that day I'd never had a mouth full of maggots.

"I've handled them a bit on fishing trips but this was a whole new level.

"I didn't realise that they would smell so revolting. They do their business in the tubs and so they stink of ammonia. It was like putting my head down a filthy public toilet."

The former steel fixer, who has a YouTube site where he performs other stomach churning pranks, revealed: "I was gagging and heaving violently but I was determined to do it.

"I was getting bits of their innards caught in my teeth and gums and my face got very sore. I must have swallowed loads of them but I managed not to be sick."

He added: "At one point I thought I couldn't go on but somehow I did it."

Here is the link, but I'm warning you, there are pictures.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #468
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Still tastes better than my mother-in-laws cooking.....

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #469
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

What the hell?

Autopsy determines baby was cut from pregnant woman

http://www.oregonlive.com/washington...by_was_cu.html
Old 06-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #470
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Now that is truly fuckin weird. Fucrissakes.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #471
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- It was supposed to be a pleasant surprise, but turned into the shock of a lifetime.
A woman in Tel Aviv, Israel, gave her elderly mother a new mattress as a surprise gift, throwing out the old tattered bed her mother had slept on for decades. The gesture ended up bankrupting Annat's mother, who had stuffed her savings of nearly $1 million inside her old bed for decades, Annat told Israel Army Radio.

A massive search is under way at the city dump, where security has been beefed up to keep out treasure-seekers who have heard Annat's story in Israeli media.

Annat, who did not want to reveal the rest of her name, told Israel Army Radio that she woke up early Sunday to get a good deal on a new mattress as a surprise for her mother.

She fell asleep that night, exhausted after lugging up the new mattress and hauling down the old one to be taken out with the trash.

When her mother realized the next day what her daughter had done, she told her that she had been using the mattress to stash away her life savings and had nearly $1 million padding the inside of the worn-out mattress.

Annat ran downstairs, but it was too late. The garbage truck had already taken away the money-stuffed mattress.

Annat alerted the two major dump sites in the Israeli city in an effort to locate the bed, but so far she has had no luck. Yitchak Burba, one of the dump site managers, told Army Radio that he and his men are working relentlessly to try to help Annat find the million-dollar mattress among the tons of garbage at the landfill.

The publicity has triggered a wave of people also trying to find the mattress and its contents for themselves. Burba has increased security around the dump to keep them out.

Annat told Army Radio that when her mother realized her queen-sized bank had been tossed, she told her to "'leave it.'"

"'The heart is crying but you know we could have been in a car accident or had a terminal disease,'" Annat said her mother told her.

"It's a very, very sad story but I've been through worse," she told Army Radio. "It's a matter of proportions in life ... people need to know how to accept the good and the bad in life."
Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #472
Pie
Gone and done

Life imitates Spongebob.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #473
TheMercenary

I love Spongebob.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #474
TheMercenary

Are ya ready kids?
Aye Aye Captain!
I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
AYE AYE CAPTAIN!
ohhhhhh!!!!

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
Absorbant and yellow and poreous is he
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
His nautical nonsense be somethin you wish
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
Ready?

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
SPONGEYBOB SQUAREPAAAANTS
Old 06-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #475
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
** sigh **

...it's a dogs life.......
Yes a kooshy story and I thought I was being all 'weird' reporter.

Revolting stories like a couple of the ones after this make me absolutely woozy Esp...before breakfast.
3_eyes:

I must be so tame/lame whatever. So be it.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #476
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
This was years ago, but I found the link in an old email so I thought I should post it here, just in case we haven't seen it.

So there you are in Glasgae, you've had a few too many, gotten into a fight with a lamp-post, and are waiting in A&E for the X-rays, and through your whiskey-haze you notice the guy on the seat across from you is a dwarf in a devil costume with a vacuum cleaner stuck to his wang. ... "Nurse? I think you may have overdosed my pain-killers"...
Holy hell. Diet Dr Pepper really really hurts coming out ones nose. New keyboard please.

Carry on.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #477
TheMercenary

They had way to much French wine....

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle6478542.ece
Old 06-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #478
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

14 Yr old boy gets hit by meteorite..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200906...hitbymeteorite

BTW space rocks are classified by our Military. I didn't know that.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #479
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I don't know about you, but I always carry a crossbow when I go 'shroom hunting. I think its more sport that way.

Quote:
A 19-year-old Manatee County man was arrested Friday after he was found in a cow pasture collecting psychedelic mushrooms while carrying a crossbow, the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office said.
Moore was found holding a small crossbow and sling shot. He told deputies that the weapons were for protection in case the cows in the pasture came at him.
Link
Old 06-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #480
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

From here.

Quote:
ROME — Italian authorities say they have arrested two Japanese men who allegedly tried to bring $134 billion (C96 billion) worth of undeclared U.S. bonds into Switzerland.

Anti-fraud police in Como, near the Swiss border, said Monday the men hid the bonds in the bottom of a suitcase. They were caught in Chiasso's train station June 3 after an inspection.

Police said the two suspects were carrying a total of 259 bonds, including 10 with a value of $1 billion (C721 million) each and 249 with a value of $500 million (C357 million).

Police said they were checking whether the bonds are authentic. If they are found to be real, the two men could face a fine of C38 billion ($53 billion).